PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this dude’s deal? I’ve heard his whiny comments in other clips. I guess he’s just not a fan of the greatest QB to ever play the game.
Reading thru the titans forum where I found this someone pointed out his twitter name.

Late in responding just an outstanding 4th quarter.
Not sure where Brady's head was at with some passes.
Onto Tennessee.

Go Pats

QuMmmeAF_400x400.jpg

Barry McCockerspaniel...100% pure mutt

No one seems to have mentioned the fantastic block that Barner threw on Clay Matthews late in the game, preventing Matthews late rush from taking Brady out.

Trey Flowers is exactly the guy you build your defense around. He's been money all season, another great game tonight. Pats wouldn't pay Chandler Jones because he wasn't a complete player. While he's not Seymour, Flowers deserves the big money deal. Resign him please Bill.
I’d love to see us keep/sign Flowers. Just know It just won’t be “market value”.

No one seems to have mentioned the fantastic block that Barner threw on Clay Matthews late in the game, preventing Matthews late rush from taking Brady out.
Best block I’ve seen by a running back in years

I pointed this out before the game.

Dumb mainstream thought is that Brady is regressing, which was one of the major themes coming into the game. The reality is that Rodgers is regressing. An athletic QB who relies on his legs and arm strength so much...it isn’t surprising. He’s at an age where most QBs regress. Funny how everyone thinks it’s so easy to play into your 40s at a high level because TB12 makes it look easy.

What happened to Aaron Rodgers' accuracy?

Following up on my last post, here is a more in depth look at Rodgers overlooked but steep decline. Although he has still remained remarkably good at avoiding interceptions, and his TD:INT ratio would appear to tear down any hint of regression, the deeper numbers say otherwise. This is over a large sample size, too, not just a handful of games. This was written just before the season, and 2018 has just continued on this trend. The Packers score fewer points and Rodgers is much, mich less efficient than he was at his peak. Meanwhile, Brady shows almost zero signs of regression, other than a clear learning curve this year with a lot of questionable weapons.

I don’t know how anyone can watch Rodgers in recent years and not conclude he’s no longer the dominating force he once was. He can put together some amazing passes and drives, but he can no longer carry the team consistently. Few can, but he used to be able to.

Football Outsiders on ‘striking’ recent change in Aaron Rodgers’ game

During Aaron Rodgers’ statistical peak, he led the NFL in yards per attempt by a sizable margin. Since 2015, he falls slightly below the league average.

Is whitehead any good? The commentary made it sound like it was a huge loss when got thrown out but it could’ve had more to do with how depleted they were. Either way doubt somebody so important gets cut the next day.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back