PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread..... Chargers @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogan looks large.

On d Harris did a good job. Important to note that. Hopefully Gilmore will be healthy and ready to go. Chung has been playing well. On the Dline has been a mixed bag.

Oh offense it seems to me burkheasd will be key to keep healthy. They will want to double his snaps in the playoffs.

6-2, defense has been on a roll. Don't see how anyone could turn their noses up at that after what we watched against Carolina.

If you take away the goofy TD run, the Chargers only had 282 yards of O.

Calvin Johnson
just putting that name out there

Well, word is that several teams have inquired about him. Wouldn't be surprised if the Pats were one since we've been kicking the tires around the league on WR..

If you take away the goofy TD run, the Chargers only had 282 yards of O.

You mean the run where they had Guy in an Arm bar holding him? The Refs haven't called that all year..

They should have called the TD back because Okung held Wise on the play.. But hey, why should we expect the Refs to call things against the other team when they call it against us..

If Hogan has a fractured clavicle he's done and an inconsistent offense struggling without Edelman might not recover. Hoping for rotator or ac separation, but looked bad. Hate that NFL is all about serious injury.

Other than the long TD run, their running offense didn't really take off. Rivers got a number of yards on the last drive, but otherwise was held to ~ 50% and under 200 yards. Very impressive showing by the defense against a team that had started to peak.

Gostowski has been extremely good all year. Two narrow misses in bad weather, on a day when the rest of the offense wasn't executing as well as they have in the past, is nothing to worry about at all. He's still a good kicker.

I'd like to see red zone productivity improve, but overall the offense did its job. I'd like to see them come away with TDs, but 6-2 going into the bye week is a great place to be. Can't really complain about anything.

How do you figure they got boned? That was the correct call since the receiver ALSO hit Bademosi. Not just Chung. Or do you always go with Ian Eagle's BS commentary?
I may have to see that play again then. The replay I saw didn’t look like the Chargers did anything. Chill a little btw lol...

You mean the run where they had Guy in an Arm bar holding him? The Refs haven't called that all year..

They should have called the TD back because Okung held Wise on the play.. But hey, why should we expect the Refs to call things against the other team when they call it against us..

Calls get missed all the time. It's not like the D played perfectly on that play, Marsh got destroyed on that play.

Just some random thoughts

* I posted a few times in the game thread, but the declined penalty on Gronk's catch was entirely responsible for SD having a chance. Without that flag, the drive starts with ~25 seconds and is a formality.

* The similarity between the final play this week and against TB is amusing to me.

* I have to think that there were at least two unforced errors on the long TD run. That's the play I'm most interested in seeing in the re-watch thread.

BTW, Brady on pace for his second 5000 yard season. Unreal.

So what's the deal with Mitchell? Is he already done for the year? Losing hogan means you need to go out there and add a wr unless they think Dorsett can do the job. Has he even gotten some snaps?

The "Knowers" are out in full force today....OK, "Knowers", let's hear how bad it is, how it's never going to work, how everything sucks and how YOU would do things differently because YOU, the "Knower Of Things", are THE world renowned expert on,not only of Patriots football, but all NFL football. Make sure to include that all Pats wins so far are "weak" and all upcoming games are going to be "REAL BAD!!!!" for the Pats. Oh and a few unsolicited chest thumping boasts about you and your "fantasy league" wins will go a long way to making me puke...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes