PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Portnoy plans to distribute 30k clown towels opening day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually writing this from a space cruise to Andromater. It's amazing how many aliens wear Patriots gear!:D

I thought Southwest cut the BWI to Andomater route. That's great news. Did you get an upgrade?

I live in DC and had a floor refinishing contractor over yesterday for an estimate. 40-ish black guy, 3rd generation city based business. Gave up on the local pro football team because "the owner is an idiot who spends money on players like they are toys and doesn't know anything about winning" and decided to become a Pats fan when they got Randy Moss. Been one ever since. Was asking me about the logistics of going to a game at Gillette. Just perfect.

Really, the team should have a special package for fans from other cities who have never been to Gillette. Airfare deal with a couple of airlines, discount at a hotel at Patriot Place, and a Saturday night dinner to welcome them all.

It is fun man. I was at LAX with my Pats hat on. The TSA guy checked my ID and then said "I don't know how you got into this airport with that hat on" so I laughed as loud as I could.

I wear my Patriots hat whenever I travel for work. Surprisingly, I had it on this week at BWI and Harrisburg PA and got no comments

Normally Ravens fans have something to say
A coworker just had a similar situation in a S. Carolina airport with a TSA agent. Gave him crap about his Pats shirt but another TSA waved him his way with a smile and an encouraging and positive remark. Must've been a Panthers fan!

For what's worth, I wanted to punch Goodell when all the BS was happening

Now that I saw that magic in Houston and the Pats and TB got to bring that sucker home, I'd prefer we actually took a higher road.

Not because I feel sorry for Roger the DB, but so fans across the country see Patsfans can be classy.

I think 78,00 fans booing would be enough

Just my 2 cents

Like the high road (as reasonably possible in this (nut)case).

78.000 clown shirts would be as classy as can get . certainly classier than booing.
Its also more to the point (no offense to real clowns).

Booing is the air this guy breathes..

BTW - If he indeed shows up (and there certainly is a possibility since the guy is a clear case of masochist) . id applaud him & then present him one shirt for himself..

The last time they handed out towels with a snarky joke it back fired. "De-Feet the Jets" Remember that? Is this guy Portenoy even from New England?

i want NBC to show numerous pictures of the towel on the live broadcast for the whole nation to see but they probably won't.

The last time they handed out towels with a snarky joke it back fired. "De-Feet the Jets" Remember that? Is this guy Portenoy even from New England?

this is worth it.

If we win the next 10 superbowls it wouldn't wash away that Goodell did to Brady, the Franchise and to US. Based on his superbowl presser where he told everyone who would listen that "he got it right" on defamegate, Fraudger isn't taking the "highroad". Why should we?

Are you going to tell me that this wouldn't be a better team if we had had that first and fourth rounder. Is Brady ever going to get rid of that "qualifier" that will end every description of his illustrious career. He was slandered, and what Fraudger did still echoes among the masses. AND what about us, who still have to respond to the "cheater" label 3 years later.

Of course its a lie, but if you don't respond to the "big lie", then we will live in a country where people thing the earth is flat, dinasaurs never existed and it is never MY fault.....it's YOUR fault.

Dude, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.:p

Honestly, I no longer have any anger regarding deflategate. Two championships in 3 years along with the greatest comeback in championship sports history took it all away.

I didn't realize we had political problems....:)
I think a lot of fans want some kind of closure towards Goodell, as evidenced by the "where is Roger" chant at last year's AFCCG. If he actually shows up he will get his. It still won't stop the other 31 fan bases from eternally calling us, Brady and BB cheaters. It's just the way it is and it is one man's fault as he had final say on the discipline. He must face the music. He'll laugh it off but it will be the most uncomfortable 3 hours of his life and the fans should make sure of it...and will, no doubt. By all means necessary.
Thank you.

I live in DC and had a floor refinishing contractor over yesterday for an estimate. 40-ish black guy, 3rd generation city based business. Gave up on the local pro football team because "the owner is an idiot who spends money on players like they are toys and doesn't know anything about winning" and decided to become a Pats fan when they got Randy Moss. Been one ever since. Was asking me about the logistics of going to a game at Gillette. Just perfect.

Really, the team should have a special package for fans from other cities who have never been to Gillette. Airfare deal with a couple of airlines, discount at a hotel at Patriot Place, and a Saturday night dinner to welcome them all.
That would be nice but Kraft has no reason to go to the trouble and expense when his team is already this popular

Yeah but that was more of a rivalry thing, was kind of petty to begin with. this is more about just sending a message that we will not be stepped on past a certain point without replying.

Looking forward to getting my towel and waving it all night. Would love it if the announcers would provide some actual context to why Pats fans are so bitter ("when you take a close look at the Wells report .... and then compare it to other alleged infractions committed by .... and some of the clear untruths told by Goodell and the NFL during months that followed and the litigation .... and how Goodell goes out of his way to stand by his findings .... you can certainly understand the vitriol" ) Of course there is zero chance they will mention any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes