PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Portnoy ups the towels to 70000

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol no way.

He will either be a no-show for some ******** reason, or will have his own bullet-proof box. If he sat in Kraft's box, they couldn't avoid showing him on the jumbotron, in which case....good night.

No, the word is, Goodell will be in the stands with fans...

upload_2017-9-7_9-53-6.png

So disappointed I won't be at this game to see it. Please everyone there take and post many pictures. I want to see a true #clownout

Did not get one. They were mean at the RV in the Rodman lot. I'm not sure where they all went. I have like 7 towels from the AFCCG in 2004.

Did not get one. They were mean at the RV in the Rodman lot. I'm not sure where they all went. I have like 7 towels from the AFCCG in 2004.
They were mean?

Sitting at home watching on TV. Sorry to say, I didn't see many towels on the national feed. looks like the clownout fizzled. On the local stuff, Felcher made fun of them on the pregame show but Portnoy made some good points when talking about them. Felcher is such a knob.

Sorry but other than 30 secs before kickoff I haven't seen a single towel.
Sitting at home watching on TV. Sorry to say, I didn't see many towels on the national feed. looks like the clownout fizzled. On the local stuff, Felcher made fun of them on the pregame show but Portnoy made some good points when talking about them. Felcher is such a knob.
Yeah, I actually wondered if the plan didn't go through for some reason. I haven't seen anything.

I was skeptical as to whether or not enough people would be into this. I'm sure it's better at the game, but otherwise, no one would even know anything about it.

Yeah, I actually wondered if the plan didn't go through for some reason. I haven't seen anything.

I was skeptical as to whether or not enough people would be into this. I'm sure it's better at the game, but otherwise, no one would even know anything about it.

I'm at the game. It's not.

I got my towel but they're really not much of a presence at the game at all, sadly. I'm wearing the shirt and waved the towel right before the game, but I haven't seen any for literally two hours.

Nice try, Dave. I appreciate the effort.

This night really ended up dudding out after all the hype it had going in...

It seems it was a big mistake to hand out boxes of towels yesterday to complete strangers. He should have had all of his staff outside the game tonight handing them out, getting people pumped up. He went 90% in, and needed to go 110% in.

Oh well, they were really noticeable at every extra point, field goal, etc.. It's not like you couldn't see them at all. But 70 THOUSAND freaking towels? It looks like about 1/4 of them actually made their way into the stadium.

Now that this is over, I'm gonna move on. I'll never forgive that douchebag Goodell for what he did to Brady, and will always boo him any chance I get. But I'm done spending energy on this douchebag. The SB was the biggest FU to him. Tonight sort of fizzled, and the loss sucks, but we won the damned super bowl the year he held Brady out, the very year he was supposed to punish us. That was the best FU of all. Especially when he had to get on that podium.

FU Roger. Always and Forever.

I did notice clown shirts and much booing when Goodell came on the field tonight, also notice a lot of towels on the extra points.

The announcers never mentioned anything, and far fewer crowd shots than normal.

Onto New Orleans. Hope there are no more injuries. with the number of new faces, we will need time to gel.

It looked to me like about two in 10 people at the game actually had a towel. I passed by a half-dozen private lots about two hours before kickoff and saw NO ONE handing them out. If that Barstool Sports guy actually had 70k of those things, people either were hoarding them, they weren't distributed thoroughly ... or else he lied about how many he had made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft