PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who takes Edelman's spot on the roster?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who takes Julian Edelman's roster spot?

• Austin Carr

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • D.J. Foster

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Devin Lucien

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • A veteran not currently on the roster

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Some other player currently on the Pats roster

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen DA's Regular Season numbers in our SB winning years yikes.:eek:

Who gives a ####. Its not like he getting opps and not making it happen. They barely play the guy and every time his number is called he makes the ####### play. Who cares about ####### stats. And he is a big time special team player, great locker room guy and makes nothing.

I am truly saddened that we have reached the point where not a single person has mentioned Randy Gene Moss. I'd bet my house, my savings, and my wife he could run a faster 40 than Austin Carr right now.

I am truly saddened that we have reached the point where not a single person has mentioned Randy Gene Moss. I'd bet my house, my savings, and my wife he could run a faster 40 than Austin Carr right now.
Hes retired. Not an option at all.

I would rather call Calvin Johnson before that. It's a shame that guy retired so early in his career. A class act.

tenor.gif

I am just putting it out there. The guy worked out for the raiders. I am sure he's in football shape. I doubt the pats would give him a call but why wouldn't he wanna play with the best QB ever and the best coach. It would be almost unfair if that happened though lol.

I am just putting it out there. The guy worked out for the raiders. I am sure he's in football shape. I doubt the pats would give him a call but why wouldn't he wanna play with the best QB ever and the best coach. It would be almost unfair if that happened though lol.

I was referencing your saying Johnson before Moss as if Moss was an actual option.

Have you seen DA's Regular Season numbers in our SB winning years yikes.:eek:

They're low because his usage is low because in those years we've had Julian Edelman, who does everything Amendola does, some things Amendola does, and does almost everything better than Amendola does it (Amendola has surer hands, but I can think of anything else he does better). When looking back on Amendola's production in 2014 and 2016, I think the important thing to think about is that he consistently came through when we most needed him to, and assuming he can stay reasonably healthy (he'll miss games because he's Danny Amendola, but hopefully his groin won't explode again), hopefully he can build on that in some kind of an expanded role. I think that, in Edelman's absence, we'll see his usage go up and his volume stats go up with it.

Amendola isn't going to replace Edelman's production, mainly because he isn't an Edelman-caliber player. But he'll replace some of it, and I suspect Mitchell and Cooks and likely even Burkhead will all play significant roles in replacing different dimensions of what Edelman does as well.

To be honest, I'm not overly worried here. Edelman is great, I love the guy and I don't think you can just replace what he does for this team. Not trying to diminish what he does at all. But we have a lot of players who can threaten the areas of the field that he threatens and can exploit the same sort of mismatches that he exploits. We don't have anyone that can get so reliably open within a second as he can, and that'll definitely hurt, but last season the offense was the least reliant on that as it's been in recent memory, and most of what we could do with him we can still do without him. It will always be a gut punch to lose one of the best players on the team, but we're more equipped to handle it with Edelman than we are with any of our other top-10 guys.

Good post. Maybe that?
DW Toys
Yes, we should try to lure Hawkins out of retirement. I'm sure he gained a ton of practice and knowledge of our playbook during the 5 minutes that he was a Patriot.

They're low because his usage is low because in those years we've had... Julian Edelman.

Amendola isn't going to replace Edelman's production, mainly because he isn't an Edelman-caliber player. But he'll replace some of it, and I suspect Mitchell and Cooks and likely even Burkhead will all play significant roles in replacing different dimensions of what Edelman does.

To be honest, I'm not overly worried here. Edelman is great, I love the guy and I don't think you can just replace what he does for this team. Not trying to diminish what he does at all. But we have a lot of players who can threaten the areas of the field that he threatens and can exploit the same sort of mismatches that he exploits. We don't have anyone that can get so reliably open within a second as he can, and that'll definitely hurt, but most of what we could do with him we can still do without him. It will always be a gut punch to lose one of the best players on the team, but we're more equipped to handle it with Edelman than we are with any of our other top-10 guys.

Our offense will still be good but it might struggle from time to time. Edelman's production was very high last year. With him this offense would have been unstoppable and probably scored over 500 points or more total. I think they will able to score 30 points per game. Our defense could be much better if we add another pass rusher.

More snaps for Mitchell... once he hopefully gets healthy and on the field.

Good post. Maybe that?
DW Toys

IDK.

In May, Hawkins received his Master's degree in Sports Administration from Columbia (with a 4.0 GPA). He might be too busy interviewing for front office jobs.

;)

DA gets his opportunity and Hogan's role will continue to increase. I think Carr will get some playing time

DA gets his opportunity and Hogan's role will continue to increase. I think Carr will get some playing time

The key issue is the health of Mitchell.

If Mitchell is healthy enough to be active, Carr will get zero reps, being either inactive or on the PS.

Mitchell had 400 yards receiving. I would be ecstatic if Mitchell can give us at least 700 yards receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents