PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who can we stash away after cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, my bad. Some of those from last year I had completely forgotten about. I was thinking more throughout the BB-Brady era (e.g., Ted Larsen, Lee Smith, Jeremy Mincey, Corey Hilliard)... a rate of maybe one per year, if that?

2016 may turn out to be a better indicator for 2017 than previous seasons. I stand corrected.

One guy who was cut was Rich Ohrnberger.. And much to the chagrin of Capt. Stone, he's stayed around pretty long.

If you want a PS player who played a bit, how about Bam Childress.

:)

The odds of stashing Carr and Hollister dropped a bit tonight.

The odds of stashing Carr and Hollister dropped a bit tonight.
Is AJ Derby a fair comparison for Hollister? I haven't been able to watch him in action yet, but it seems as though he would be the choice as the TE3 should the team want more of a raw, receiving threat, whereas a guy like O'Shaunessy or Lengel would be more of a blocking TE.

Is AJ Derby a fair comparison for Hollister? I haven't been able to watch him in action yet, but it seems as though he would be the choice as the TE3 should the team want more of a raw, receiving threat, whereas a guy like O'Shaunessy or Lengel would be more of a blocking TE.

Definitely in Derby's neighborhood.

My hope for Devin Lucien took a hit tonight with how good Austin Carr looked. In my opinion Devin is too talented to be on the practice squad, but won't make the patriots 53.

My biggest fear is he ends up on the jets. Lucien has big time potential for future X WR, wish we could keep him

Just finished watching the majority of yesterday's game on gamepass and came here to say exactly that. I haven't seen anything special from Hollister that Derby didn't do the same or better last year. Unless he really breaks out I don't see a roster spot for him, mostly because carrying him over Shaunessey or Lengel would affect ST and also the number of OT (i.e. jumbo TE) we have to carry.

Like Derby last year he is just too one-dimensional. Shaunessey was one of the leading ST tacklers last year and Lengel is a blocking beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back