PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Pats should trade for Le’veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a) Bell is a little overrated. He isnt the missing piece in pittsburgh, its their defense. And I dont think he is the missing piece anywhere else either b)He doesnt seem to be too invested this yr in keeping ready to play c) Costs too much.

King is wrong on this and was wrong in killing the raiders for the mack trade.

If we do that we are trying to destroy the Patriots.
Leveon is me first to the 10th power.

This year has reinforced my theory about Bell, as the Steelers are once again averaging about 30 ppg without him. They average a full touchdown less per game with him in the lineup than with him not playing, so he's a MINUS 7.

To get the value out of a player like Bell with that contract, you'd have to give him the ball A LOT. That ultimately makes a good passing offense worse because it makes them less efficient (averaging running play is significantly less on average than an average passing play). Bell averaged 3.9 ypc last year with his longest run just 29 yards.

Bell would only be a positive if he went to a team like last year's Bills which was really built around a running game because the QB is inefficient. The worst mistake a team like the Patriots and Packers could make would be trading for Bell, since giving him about 10-15 touches per game makes the contract absolutely insane.

If Green Bay wants any chance of competing anytime soon, they should trade for him. Their running game has been pathetic for years. It's so bad, they use a WR (Ty Montgomery) at RB.

Regardless, Pittsburgh needs to just trade him and end this nonsense.
I’d hate to see it, but I agree.

Tampa would make a ton of sense as well. They’re prone to overpay players.

This year has reinforced my theory about Bell, as the Steelers are once again averaging about 30 ppg without him. They average a full touchdown less per game with him in the lineup than with him not playing, so he's a MINUS 7.

To get the value out of a player like Bell with that contract, you'd have to give him the ball A LOT. That ultimately makes a good passing offense worse because it makes them less efficient (averaging running play is significantly less on average than an average passing play). Bell averaged 3.9 ypc last year with his longest run just 29 yards.

Bell would only be a positive if he went to a team like last year's Bills which was really built around a running game because the QB is inefficient. The worst mistake a team like the Patriots and Packers could make would be trading for Bell, since giving him about 10-15 touches per game makes the contract absolutely insane.
Steeler fd up by not trading him before the draft and getting picks for him or even two yrs ago. Same mistake the raiders did with mack. Both are right in not paying what those guys ask IMO.

For someone who's spent most of his adulthood immersed in football, King doesn't seem to understand a lick of it.

He understands how to write articles that get people to click on them. He's a lifestyle journalist who writes regarding football, he's not like a deep analyst or anything.

Pittsburgh won't trade him.

He'd struggle here.

He wants too much money.

But yeah, this totally makes sense.

Right. We’d have to cut five people to afford him

Not interested.

I think a) Bell is a little overrated. He isnt the missing piece in pittsburgh, its their defense. And I dont think he is the missing piece anywhere else either b)He doesnt seem to be too invested this yr in keeping ready to play c) Costs too much.

King is wrong on this and was wrong in killing the raiders for the mack trade.
While Bell is a good player, I think he’s more of a product of the O-line. His skipping or dancing around the line of scrimmage probably won’t work with most O-lines. There are times it looks like he’s literally walking behind their O-line.

Remember when Bell was unavailable for the 2015 opener, D’Angelo Williams danced around that O-Line and rushed all over the Pats defense? The Steelers have elite run blocking ability.

But for a team that is desperate for a ground game and wants to attempt to go deeper in the playoffs like Green Bay, they should roll the dice.

Where's that laughing gif that @Deus Irae put up from "Inglorious Bastards" or the one @KontradictioN put up from "Good Fellas?" Those gifs were hilarious.

This is my favorite:
giphy.gif

Can Bell rush the quarterback or tackle the running back? Because that's actually our most dire need.

The price for Bell is a third round pick. This is for a rental, but given what his next contract will be, the rental is precisely what many teams would want---including the Pats, which would have to make some cuts to pay him, however, and this might be impossible.

Doubt it will ever happen, but if it “were to happen” I’d welcome him with open arms (& let’s be serious, so would a majority of you).

That being said; I think IND, TB, SF & NYJ make the most sense.

Even though GB is subpar defensively, I still don’t want him anywhere near there.

Makes a lot of sense to trade for Bell? He's holding out for a MEGA contract and won't even sign his $14 mill or so franchise tag. The Pats also invested a 1st round pick into Michel and have a veteran in White.

Bell wouldn't solve the OL issues that are making things difficult for the RBs... and the RB position is not a smart place to invest that kind of cap into a single player

We'd still have the same problems we do now, but with a really, really expensive RB sharing reps with Michel and White

The price for Bell is a third round pick. This is for a rental, but given what his next contract will be, the rental is precisely what many teams would want---including the Pats, which would have to make some cuts to pay him, however, and this might be impossible.

He won;t sign the franchise tag for Pittsburgh, why would he sign it and play for the Patriots or any other team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back