PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Pats should trade for Le’veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won;t sign the franchise tag for Pittsburgh, why would he sign it and play for the Patriots or any other team?

He won’t sogn him cause he knows Pitt will try to Demarco Murray him and run him to the ground. He earned his pay day either pay the gay or let him go stop tagging him every year

The buzz is? King is a moron. Bells going for the retirement payday. A deal that puts him past 30. 2 torn acls, and 12+million per. I think he’d do fantastic on this team for a couple of seasons but the numbers just don’t make sense. Will not happen. The end.

The buzz is? King is a moron. Bells going for the retirement payday. A deal that puts him past 30. 2 torn acls, and 12+million per. I think he’d do fantastic on this team for a couple of seasons but the numbers just don’t make sense. Will not happen. The end.
Not to mention that we currently have about 2-3m dollars in available cap space, so I’m not sure how King thinks the team would clear all of that available space out that would be needed to sign him. It’s not like we’re talking about freeing up a few million bucks, here. Major moves would have to be made, and multiple ones. It would never happen.

On a slow NFL news day, Peter Kings need to be newsworthy is greater than his need for common sense.. apparently he does not understand the Patriots Economic system..

Makes a lot of sense to trade for Bell? He's holding out for a MEGA contract and won't even sign his $14 mill or so franchise tag. The Pats also invested a 1st round pick into Michel and have a veteran in White...

Plus, he is #26 and that is Sony Michel’s number. It just wouldn’t work.
That’s probably the biggest hold up, Peter King.

I don’t want anything to do with Bell. He’s
A great player but too much mileage for us to be able to use him. It also wouldn’t address any needs that we currently have. James white is just as effective as Bell is out of the backfield from a catching perspective.

Now if this was for Earl Thomas I’d be all over it as I think he’d make a better and bigger impact for us than some RB would.

Foolish imo.
  1. Does NE even have the cap space to fit him this year, let alone to give Bell a massive contract moving forward?
  2. More importantly, one of the great/frustrating aspects of NE is you NEVER know which RBs will be part of the gameplan. Anyone who plays fantasy knows this well. It keeps defenses guessing. A guy like Bell would remove that.
  3. Brady, Gronk, Gordon, Bell n Edelman? C'mon that's just not fair.

Foolish imo.
  1. Does NE even have the cap space to fit him this year, let alone to give Bell a massive contract moving forward?
  2. More importantly, one of the great/frustrating aspects of NE is you NEVER know which RBs will be part of the gameplan. Anyone who plays fantasy knows this well. It keeps defenses guessing. A guy like Bell would remove that.
  3. Brady, Gronk, Gordon, Bell n Edelman? C'mon that's just not fair.
Still baffled as to why your team doesn’t step up and get the deal done. They have the room and the need, and pairing him with QB Darnold just seems like a no brainer. I’ve been expecting them to make a strong play since I found out that he wasn’t going to report at the end of August.

This all said, I hope that he goes to an NFC team.

If Green Bay wants any chance of competing anytime soon, they should trade for him. Their running game has been pathetic for years. It's so bad, they use a WR (Ty Montgomery) at RB.

Regardless, Pittsburgh needs to just trade him and end this nonsense.
Good point.
And, they would be trading him outside the Conference.

Even if the trade made sense for the Patriots, this is a silly suggestion because there is no way the Steelers would trade Bell to a Conference rival...let alone the Patriots.
I know the 1--2 start has some of our posters off their game, but..."Come on man!"

Does PK ever think these things through or an idea pops into his head and he writes. Not the first time hes written something dumb, wont be the last.

Still baffled as to why your team doesn’t step up and get the deal done. They have the room and the need, and pairing him with QB Darnold just seems like a no brainer. I’ve been expecting them to make a strong play since I found out that he wasn’t going to report at the end of August.

This all said, I hope that he goes to an NFC team.

I'd certainly be thrilled with Bell, but there are a lot of holes to fill. The 100mil in cap space will disappear quickly next year.

If Macc steers clear of $15+ mil per year on a RB, I won't be upset.

I am however pissed we didn't go after Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft