PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember, why did they let Hollister go?

All I'm thinking we just won Superbowl last season and it's hard to win back to back with bunch of rookies and new players out there..Its a lot of holes to fill..

Brady already counting $13.5 mill against the cap next year is going to hurt. Unless there is someway they get creative I don’t see how they don’t have any non-rookie contract QB and still re-sign some of our other guys. This is where some of the poor drafting and personnel moves are really hurting us. This team obviously needs to get younger and more talented and we don’t have the money to do so as far as free agency. This is where we should have some talented young linebackers ready to step into starting roles when we let KVN and Collins walk. This is where we should have some defensive backs to rotate in and take over for McCourty and potentially Chung. We don’t have those young cheap guys that can fill in so we can pay Brady and then trade for a guy like Odell or sign an AJ Green or Hunter Henry. We suddenly have a whole bunch of holes to fill and if Brady isn’t back I would just opt for a full rebuild.

Oh i see now. That’s the real reason our cap number is high. Is that dead money though?

Oh i see now. That’s the real reason our cap number is high. Is that dead money though?
Yeah from my understanding as soon as the contract is voided Brady is a free agent and we end up with $13.5 mill in dead cap.

All I'm thinking we just won Superbowl last season and it's hard to win back to back with bunch of rookies and new players out there..Its a lot of holes to fill..

3 in a row is difficult imagine 4. I do think if we had an aboverage offense we are in the afc title game.

Yeah from my understanding as soon as the contract is voided Brady is a free agent and we end up with $13.5 mill in dead cap.

That’s why i was thinking why don’t we have close to 60 million next year and there’s my answer.

It's time to move on from Brady. The team doesn't have the money and cap space to put the WEAPONZ around Brady that he so clearly needs. He can no longer score 3 or 4 touchdowns a game unless he has a good tight end, a league best offensive line, a power running game, and multiple inside the #s receiving threats. Brady accomplished all of that (3-4 tds/game) with similar or lesser WEAPONZ in 2013. Brady is no longer the quarterback who makes others around him better. Gone are the days when Brady takes a little known Wes Welker and turns him into a household name and perennial pro bowler. Gone are the days when Brady takes an undrafted FA NYJ castaway from Chadron State and makes him one of the best third down backs in the league. Gone are the days when Tom Brady takes a Brandon LaFell and the receiver puts up career-best stats. Gone are the days when Brady can take a Tim Wright and Wright posts a career high in touchdowns.

We reached the season in which Tom Brady can take a guy like Mohamed Sanu, who had 33 catches in 7 games and caught 78.6% of his targets and averaged 9.48 yards/catch in Atlanta and turn that into 25 catches in 9 games and caught 56.3% of his targets and averaged 6.94 yards/catch (a career low).

It is clear he is sick of Belichick and the way the coach operates the team. Good luck Tom, you are the greatest of all time, but your time here has run its course. Brady's pouting and grousing after victories was off putting and I'm sure his teammates did not appreciate it. Brady cost the team the game with his atrocious interception (if he doesn't throw that pick Miami isn't in the position to win w game ending drive) and does Brady talk about that boneheaded throw after the game? "It was just a bad throw." What? That's all you can say? How bout talking about how as the leader of the team you can't just GIVE THE BALL AWAY to the other team, especially when you've been below league average in just about every category as a quarterback?

I disagree. This year's receiving corp, outside of Edelman and White, has been atrocious. I'm not saying Brady was perfect, but Sanu was a complete waste. Harry may be good one day, but until then 50% of his routes are incorrect and he drops ball that were delivered to his numbers. Michele is not a viable 3rd down back. He's too small. Gronk is gone, Andrews is out, we have no legit TEs. You can't sit here, telling me you put the sole blame on Brady.

BB is a mastermind coach, but average at best GM.

There is no guarantee metcalf wouldve not struggled here in this system . Like everything else, it was good timing and perfect situation for him and his team. If it was harry catching TDs from wilson we would say the same thing the other way.

It's true I cant predict how those guys would have faired with brady and the complicated pats offense but it's fair to say that they couldnt of done worse than harry

Harry missed half the season and has shown quite worrisome to be a bit injury prone.

I trust bill in almost all ways but sorry, hes proven that he can not scout a wideout to save his life. Pretty sure deon branch being the last one to not flounder out of the league.

If brady gave us a discount at least we would be able to do things. He already has 13 million in his pocket. Has a super model wife with a networth of 400 million dollars. Gonna be difficult with the limited cap space.

It's time to move on from Brady. The team doesn't have the money and cap space to put the WEAPONZ around Brady that he so clearly needs. He can no longer score 3 or 4 touchdowns a game unless he has a good tight end, a league best offensive line, a power running game, and multiple inside the #s receiving threats. Brady accomplished all of that (3-4 tds/game) with similar or lesser WEAPONZ in 2013. Brady is no longer the quarterback who makes others around him better. Gone are the days when Brady takes a little known Wes Welker and turns him into a household name and perennial pro bowler. Gone are the days when Brady takes an undrafted FA NYJ castaway from Chadron State and makes him one of the best third down backs in the league. Gone are the days when Tom Brady takes a Brandon LaFell and the receiver puts up career-best stats. Gone are the days when Brady can take a Tim Wright and Wright posts a career high in touchdowns.

We reached the season in which Tom Brady can take a guy like Mohamed Sanu, who had 33 catches in 7 games and caught 78.6% of his targets and averaged 9.48 yards/catch in Atlanta and turn that into 25 catches in 9 games and caught 56.3% of his targets and averaged 6.94 yards/catch (a career low).

It is clear he is sick of Belichick and the way the coach operates the team. Good luck Tom, you are the greatest of all time, but your time here has run its course. Brady's pouting and grousing after victories was off putting and I'm sure his teammates did not appreciate it. Brady cost the team the game with his atrocious interception (if he doesn't throw that pick Miami isn't in the position to win w game ending drive) and does Brady talk about that boneheaded throw after the game? "It was just a bad throw." What? That's all you can say? How bout talking about how as the leader of the team you can't just GIVE THE BALL AWAY to the other team, especially when you've been below league average in just about every category as a quarterback?

This post resonates with me which is somewhat shocking considering most of your other posts. o_O

The one thing I never got about the whole AB fiasco was everyone crying that we had no chance without him. If you can’t compete unless you have a Top 10 HOF WR then something is seriously wrong.

If your QB can only work with HOFers, that’s a problem. Because they don’t grow on trees and they’re not cheap.

This post resonates with me which is somewhat shocking considering most of your other posts. o_O

The one thing I never got about the whole AB fiasco was everyone crying that we had no chance without him. If you can’t compete unless you have a Top 10 HOF WR then something is seriously wrong.

If your QB can only work with HOFers, that’s a problem. Because they don’t grow on trees and they’re not cheap.

Not really. Brady has done more with less but he needs guys that can actually get separation and average more than 1 or 2 catches and get yards. Did you see anyone after edelman that could do this ? Go look at sanu and harry’s last 5 games or beyond. You would be surprised at how horrible they’re lol.

Brady can get $30m in a heartbeat from 8 different teams. Probably $35m if he didn't care where he went.

If he comes to us for less than $30m it's a big discount.

Those teams are run by idiots.

Not really. Brady has done more with less but he needs guys that can actually get separation and average more than 1 or 2 catches and get yards. Did you see anyone after edelman that could do this ?

More than a few times I saw open receivers and Brady forcing it somewhere else.

I also saw a lot of bad throws.

In BB's defense, he did sign Brown and bring Gordon back. I am simply assuming they thought Gronk would come back and didn't sign or draft a TE. They did try to sign Jared Cook though if I am not mistaken.

None of this worked out for reasons known to all of us. I bet he knows better than anyone else here how to put a winning team together. I have faith in him and front office to bring in talent not just to help Brady this year but also going forward.

More than a few times I saw open receivers and Brady forcing it somewhere else.

I also saw a lot of bad throws.

Yeah right. Keep thinking yourself about that. If that was the case why did the receivers get benched and not brady? You’re clueless. Even romo notice the lack of separation by these wideouts during the game.

Some of you have to realize Bill has to put a team together and not just load up on top players for Brady's sake.

Some of you have to realize that Bill spent the better part of a decade mostly ignoring the offense at the top of the draft.

From 2007 - 2017, here are the Patriots first round picks:

15 - Brown
14 - Easley
12 - Jones
12 - Hightower
11 - Solder
10 - McCourty
08 - Mayo
07 - Meriweather

From 2007 - 2017, here are the Patriots second round picks:

16 - Cyrus Jones
15 - Richards
14 - JAG
13 - Collins
13 - Dobson
12 - Tavon Wilson
11 - Dowling
11 - Vereen
10 - Gronk
10 - Cunningham
10 - Spikes
09 - Chung
09 - Brace
09 - Butler
09 - Volmer
08 - Wheatley

DraftHistory.com

That's just 6 offensive players chosen in the first two rounds, from 2007-2017, and one of them was a QB, which means that it was a useless pick for Brady.

So 5 offensive players to help the on-the-field product around Brady, and 18 defensive players selected in that same time frame.

Note: This was edited due to my making an error and originally putting Brace down on the offensive side. I've since changed the numbers to fix that mistake.

Last edited:
I hope Brady comes back and has his best season yet to shove it up Parker's ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case