PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King -One on One with Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you have to realize that Bill spent the better part of a decade mostly ignoring the offense at the top of the draft.

From 2007 - 2017, here are the Patriots first round picks:

15 - Brown
14 - Easley
12 - Jones
12 - Hightower
11 - Solder
10 - McCourty
08 - Mayo
07 - Meriweather

From 2007 - 2017, here are the Patriots second round picks:

16 - Cyrus Jones
15 - Richards
14 - JAG
13 - Collins
13 - Dobson
12 - Tavon Wilson
11 - Dowling
11 - Vereen
10 - Gronk
10 - Cunningham
10 - Spikes
09 - Chung
09 - Brace
09 - Butler
09 - Volmer
08 - Wheatley

DraftHistory.com

That's just 7 offensive players chosen in the first two rounds, from 2007-2017, and one of them was a QB, which means that it was a useless pick for Brady.

So 6 offensive players to help the on-the-field product around Brady, and 17 defensive players selected in that same time frame.
slight correction - brace was a DL

slight correction - brace was a DL

You're absolutely right. Completely ridiculous brain lapse by me. I'll correct the numbers.

This post resonates with me which is somewhat shocking considering most of your other posts. o_O

The one thing I never got about the whole AB fiasco was everyone crying that we had no chance without him. If you can’t compete unless you have a Top 10 HOF WR then something is seriously wrong.

If your QB can only work with HOFers, that’s a problem. Because they don’t grow on trees and they’re not cheap.

We had no chance without him since the roster was crippled already. And then by releasing him we got locked into his cap space allocation and could make limited to no more roster moves. Either we should not have brought him in and looked elsewhere or we shouldn’t have released him. Frankly why are we trying to fix the roster with these moves in Game 2 and later with Sanu in Game 8. Why didnt we fix it in the offseason. And where is a TE for this team?

If Brady goes to a team with another Sony, or a Harry and Dorsett like stiffs, then no.

theres more to it than that.....at least put some thought into it

theres more to it than that.....at least put some thought into it

What’s more you tell me? Brady doesn’t need super star wideouts just guys that can beat man coverage. No one on this team can do that besides Edelman this season. White was our second leading receiver.

Nonsense.

If Brady gets 30 million of a 200 million salary cap he’ll be at 15%.

In the past 20 years there has never been a SB winner with a QB over 11.7%

bLn0sYO.jpg

bLn0sYO.jpg

We don’t know if he’s getting that here but he could get it elsewhere if the team has players in place. I think brady could play two more years most likely.

How do you think jimmy g does with this group? I think you’re hyping up this group which was one of the worse in the nfl. All you have to do is look at the numbers. James White was our second leading wideout. Those early 2000s offenses where better and i don’t go by numbers.

Again, we are talking about Brady going somewhere else.....is he suddenly going to start showing up at PTA’s?

which WR group will understand how Brady does things? Which offensive coordinator will just hand an empty playbook for Brady to fill out

I’m actually very interested in seeing him play somewhere else......kinda like driving by a car wreck where you can’t help but look

maga in, we are talking about Brady going somewhere else.....is he suddenly going to start showing up at PTA’s?

which WR group will understand how Brady does things? Which offensive coordinator will just hand an empty playbook for Brady to fill out

I’m actually very interested in seeing him play somewhere else......kinda like driving by a car wreck where you can’t help but look
Or he could end up on a team like Los Angles and they re-sign Eckler and Hunter Henry and he throws for 5000 yards and 30 some odd touchdowns.

bLn0sYO.jpg

Thank you for that mostly meaningless data. You may notice two other things there, though, beyond your obvious cherry picking of the percentages:

1. Generally speaking, you win SBs by having one of the very best QBs in the league, regardless of his salary and salary percentage.
  2. This season, every remaining NFC team is being helmed by a big dollar QB, regardless of what their cap hit might be this particular season. So at least one (and only one, as it turns out, due to how the AFC QBs fit into the financials) high money QB will be making the SB.

So the specific dollar amount, be it raw dollars or percentage, isn't any sort of bar to SB greatness.

Again, we are talking about Brady going somewhere else.....is he suddenly going to start showing up at PTA’s?

You’re gonna look foolish. You think brady doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt? The guy’s the goat for a reason and he still has some gas left in the tank. I think he would have a chip on his shoulder at this stage of his career. He still loves playing the game.

Or he could end up on a team like Los Angles and they re-sign Eckler and Hunter Henry and he throws for 5000 yards and 30 some odd touchdowns.

i wouldn’t bet on it

You’re gonna look foolish. You think brady doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt? The guy’s the goat for a reason and he still has some gas left in the tank. I think he would have a chip on his shoulder at this stage of his career. He still loves playing the game.

he deserves every benefit of the doubt.....and somebody will probably give it to him......

I’ll take the under

he deserves every benefit of the doubt.....and somebody will probably give it to him......

I’ll take the under

We shall see. It’s a moot point if he comes back and they get better receivers that can average more than 2 catches.

We shall see. It’s a moot point if he comes back and they get better receivers that can average more than 2 catches.

it all starts with what McDaniel does.....I’m not even saying Brady should go, but it’ll be entertaining as hell if he does

bLn0sYO.jpg
Chart doesn’t have 2018; Brady’s $22m cap hit counted for 12.2% of the Pats $180.2m cap.

And to be really fair, Bledsoe’s 2001 cap hit and 2003 dead money charge should factor into the equation.

Chart doesn’t have 2018; Brady’s $22m cap hit counted for 12.2% of the Pats $180.2m cap.

And to be really fair, Bledsoe’s 2001 cap hit and 2003 dead money charge should factor into the equation.

It's a mostly meaningless chart anyway, as second contract money for QBs has been jumping lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST