PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Rams Superbowl pre-game analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams will definitely pull this stunt if the game is close enough or if they start becoming desperate. Any Rams on ST, split out wide has to be covered, man to man.

The last thing I am worried about is the ST not getting the memo on that. They are way too well coached to fall asleep. The Rams might still succeed with one but if they do it will be because they will nail it not and not because someone on ST screwed up.

The only times Brady lost to Talib the game was in Denver against an all time defense with not only the incredible defensive line but an All-Pro corner in Chris Harris opposite him.

The 2015 Broncos defense was superior at all levels than this year’s Rams defense, full stop. It’s not even close. The only thing that scares me is Aaron’s Donald’s ability to bring interior pressure. Does anyone remember who were the inside guys on the Broncos d-line? Obviously they had Miller and Ware playing like Hall of Famers on the edges.
Malik Jackson, who got $14 million a year from the Jags the following offseason.

I’m really glad Cooper Kupp won’t be playing. He changes the passing game for them.
This and this again.

They are not the same offense without Cooper Kupp.

Goff is not the same QB without Kupp.

With Cupp and KC game (which was the first one he missed) 35 ppg.

After Kupp & KC: 24ppg

Goff w/ Kupp + KC game= 68% comp, 322ypg, 113 rating, 2.4TDs, .5INT per game
Goff after KC no Kupp= 59% 232ypg, 76.08 rating, 1TD, 1INT per game.

"MIKE, GOFF SUCKS AND HE BLOWS WITHOUT COOPER KUPP"

Cooks production is way down without Kupp.

Donald tends to declare a gap early and almost over-pursue as if he's playing the pass all the way on every down. I would suspect that the Patriots are going to dust off their game plan for Julius Peppers in 2003 for Mr. Donald. There should be since nice holes for the RBs to get to the next level.

Eh...Brees wasn't good since Thanksgiving. Double team Thomas with Gilmore & a safety. Make those undrafted receivers beat you. I think they were a better matchup for the Patriots.

Since Thanksgiving Goff has 2 games with more than 216 yards passing.

Does anyone remember who were the inside guys on the Broncos d-line? Obviously they had Miller and Ware playing like Hall of Famers on the edges.

Malik Jackson, Derek Woolfe, and Sylvester Williams...

The only times Brady lost to Talib the game was in Denver against an all time defense with not only the incredible defensive line but an All-Pro corner in Chris Harris opposite him.

The 2015 Broncos defense was superior at all levels than this year’s Rams defense, full stop. It’s not even close. The only thing that scares me is Aaron’s Donald’s ability to bring interior pressure. Does anyone remember who were the inside guys on the Broncos d-line? Obviously they had Miller and Ware playing like Hall of Famers on the edges.

They played a 3-4. Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson (a future all-pro in Jacksonville) were the primary DEs and Sylvester Williams was the NT. Vance Walker was a pretty good rotational DE whose career ended due to injury the following year. Trevathan and Marshall were also excellent linebackers. That Broncos defense was historically incredible; this Rams defense is actually pretty bad, not just in comparison, but it's not good by 2019 NFL standards.

Because they have Gurley.

Gurley missed three games after Thanskgiving and was ineffective in most of the others, with the exceptions being the Dallas and Detroit games. There's a clear correlation between Gurley's effectiveness and Goff's, and the causation is from Goff. The Rams offense slowed considerably into December and it all started with Goff's struggles. Gurley's effectiveness is largely just a function of number of men in the box; he runs very poorly (relative to other RBs) against loaded boxes and does not break tackles well at all. He's very good when he gets big holes and can get into space, but he doesn't get that if Goff isn't keeping defenses honest.

Goff's been bad since the beginning of December. The NFL seems to have figured him out. He played horribly against the Saints and they were simply unable to make him pay. This is going to be like the Giants Super Bowls - an average QB with an up-and-down running game and an aggressive defense. But the Patriots, I think, match up very well against this team. They just can't get outcoached.

They played a 3-4. Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson (a future all-pro in Jacksonville) were the primary DEs and Sylvester Williams was the NT. Vance Walker was a pretty good rotational DE whose career ended due to injury the following year. Trevathan and Marshall were also excellent linebackers. That Broncos defense was historically incredible; this Rams defense is actually pretty bad, not just in comparison, but it's not good by 2019 NFL standards.

Where was Miller lining up?

Honestly, they are making a big deal out of Brandin Cooks having intel on NE. Yes, he knows us, but we know him too. And anyone who tries to hurdle over an Eagle defender in the Super Bowl probably isn't that bright any way. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that seemed like Carter trying to just win an argument. I'm sure Belichick has more knowledge on Cooks' abilities than he has on our defense.

That's interesting but why hasn't anyone punched Wright in the face or is that why his nose is so bent and crooked?
His whole body would break if someone punched him. And the collective IQ of sports talk shows would instantly jump ten points.

Yeah, that seemed like Carter trying to just win an argument. I'm sure Belichick has more knowledge on Cooks' abilities than he has on our defense.
I was just thinking the same thing earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes