PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs. Rams Superbowl pre-game analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never heard of Evan Lazar. Does he know what he’s talking about?
Hes pretty good. Looks at film. Knows concepts. Uses data. Pretty knowledgeable. Definitely not a PFF weenie. Hes worth checking out.

Who was more dominate? JJ Watt in his prime when he had two 20.5 sack seasons or Aaron Donald this year with 20.5 sacks?
Tough call. Equal in terms of the amount of chaos and disruption they cause. Both require special attention.

Last year a lot of pregame talk was about blocking the Eagles front and that the Pats could exploit the secondary if Brady had time. Done.

In multiple playoff games against Houston, the talk centered around blocking Watt, Clowney and Marcellus. Done.

This year: Block the Chargers' front? Done. Block the Chiefs' front? Done and done.

I have faith in BB, Scar and this OL to figure something out.

Regards,
Chris

the only things that worry me are a momentum changing fake punt by the Rams or a key injury.

Why don't we just lay off the comparisons and enjoy the ride?

Honestly, they are making a big deal out of Brandin Cooks having intel on NE. Yes, he knows us, but we know him too. And anyone who tries to hurdle over an Eagle defender in the Super Bowl probably isn't that bright any way. :rolleyes:

Alright give it a rest TB12.:D

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
the only things that worry me are a momentum changing fake punt by the Rams or a key injury.
I wouldn't say I'm "worried" about a fake punt as by now the Pats should be ready for it. If the Rams pull one off, I'll just tip my cap to them.

As for injuries, **** happens.

Regards,
Chris

Honestly, they are making a big deal out of Brandin Cooks having intel on NE. Yes, he knows us, but we know him too. And anyone who tries to hurdle over an Eagle defender in the Super Bowl probably isn't that bright any way. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Cooks will run in circles until someone on the Pats breaks his jaw this Superbowl...

Cooks was a net negative in the Super Bowl, singlehandedly costing them points on an early drive. The offense got better after he was knocked out of the game. He's a fine player but let's not pretend he's a gamechanger.

The 2011 Giants were by far the worst SB opponent.
True, but that was the worst Patriots team to make the SB too. Got lucky we even beat the Ravens in Foxboro to advance that year.

True, but that was the worst Patriots team to make the SB too. Got lucky we even beat the Ravens in Foxboro to advance that year.

Whenever the Pats play poorly in the playoffs leading up to a Super Bowl they somehow manage to make it in they always lose in the big game.

2007 - Pats struggled against Jax and SD; SB 42 loss

2011 - Pats struggle against Baltimore (lucky to win that one IMO); SB 46 loss

2017 - Pats struggle against Jax; SB 52 loss

2018 - Pats play well against LAC and KC

Whenever the Pats play poorly in the playoffs leading up to a Super Bowl they somehow manage to make it in they always lose in the big game.

Pats struggle against Baltimore 2014 and still win it all. Struggle against Raiders 2001 and still win it all. Narratives, narratives.

Pats struggle against Baltimore 2014 and still win it all. Struggle against Raiders 2001 and still win it all. Narratives, narratives.

I’d have to disagree with Baltimore in 2014...I thought overall they played well against a tough opponent. Nothing from that game leads me to believe the Pats were lucky to win. The 2001 Raiders game was in the snow and Brady was a first year QB - hard to say it was a struggle given the circumstances.

They struggled a bit vs McNair’s Titans in the 03 divisional. Drew Bennett catches that and they might lose that game.

04 though was complete domination in much the same way as this year including knocking off #1 on the road. Bodes well IMO.

They struggled a bit vs McNair’s Titans in the 03 divisional. Drew Bennett catches that and they might lose that game.

04 though was complete domination in much the same way as this year including knocking off #1 on the road. Bodes well IMO.

That Titans team deserves a ton of respect. McNair, George. They were playoff tough and it was back when Fisher could actually coach. 3 degree night. That was a tough game.

Hopefully it goes like the Sox run did. Beat the Yankees and Astros without too much difficulty and the World Series was more of the same. I’ll take that. :)

Do the rams have a similar offense as philly did last year? Seems like to me that the rams are under center a lot

Is there a practice/injury report today? I don’t remember if they release that stuff for the week before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back