PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good security blanket, but they're still drafting Irv Smith.

I see his name as Austin Safari-Man Jenkins...and then I hear...

Last edited:
I see his name and think it's Austin Safari-Man Jenkins...and then I hear...

I've always liked that song. Weezer did a good cover IMO.

You might be right actually, I didn’t realize he was as small as he is. Thought he was 6’4 for some crazy reason.
Yea. I mean, AH was 6-1, 245. Smith is 6-2 241.

Certainly not tiny but for a EoL TE hes smaller than what they like.

Harking back to us junior high/high schoolers in the 80s (and MTV was primarily music videos), Weezer did a music video of their Toto cover of 'Africa' with Weird Al Yankovic playing the role as the lead singer of Weezer.

Harking back to us junior high/high schoolers in the 80s (and MTV was primarily music videos), Weezer did a music video of their Toto cover of 'Africa' with Weird Al Yankovic playing the role as the lead singer of Weezer.
MTV was addicting. I liked Friday Night Videos too.

MTV was addicting. I liked Friday Night Videos too.

Agreed.
I don't recall it until a few years into MTV coming on the scene but Headbangers Ball was a favorite. If I wasn't going to be around I'd grab the clunky VHS tape, pop it in, and set it to record. I just wasn't likely to catch, for example, Maiden's Flight of Icarus being played outside of Headbangers Ball :) (though I was one of those anti hair-neon colors-makeup "metal" bands that at the time were everywhere, such as Poison)

Over two seasons

c1b953be2470c6fbb89c6e683896f7c5.png

Agreed.
I don't recall it until a few years into MTV coming on the scene but Headbangers Ball was a favorite. If I wasn't going to be around I'd grab the clunky VHS tape, pop it in, and set it to record. I just wasn't likely to catch, for example, Maiden's Flight of Icarus being played outside of Headbangers Ball :) (though I was one of those anti hair-neon colors-makeup "metal" bands that at the time were everywhere, such as Poison)
Headbangers Ball was must see TV. I'm more of a Metallica/Maiden/Crue/Motorhead guy than Poison/Cinderella. Adam Curry with the long hair hosted.

Headbangers Ball was must see TV. I'm more of a Metallica/Maiden/Crue/Motorhead guy than Poison/Cinderella. Adam Curry with the long hair hosted.

In that Metallica/Maiden/Crue/Motorhead lineup, I'd replace Crue with Sabbath. No disrespect to Crue as their concerts were a blast and full of hot chicks dressed like strippers.:)

In that Metallica/Maiden/Crue/Motorhead lineup, I'd replace Crue with Sabbath. No disrespect to Crue as their concerts were a blast and full of hot chicks dressed like strippers.:)
Love Sabbath. Like Dio too. I differentiate Crue from the other hair bands. Same category as Queensryche, etc. IMO

Crue initially more toward Metallica/Maiden music but they quickly went the more Poison look to the band. But their music still stayed a bit more edgy than the Cincerella-Warrant-White Lions that clearly were going for the "hair band" look and sound.

But yes. Crue was a good concert. The standard "Hair Band" concerts were more visually pleasing while Metallica/Maiden/Sabbath was the better audio pleasure ;-)

It was on an all-covers album (Teal album) they released a few months ago which includes everything from “Billie Jean” to “Paranoid.” I don’t like Weezer and I dislike them even more after this publicity stunt, but there are a couple/few keepers on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back