PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats run defense is now in historical territory. Statistically worse than 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think of that makes me feel somewhat optimistic is the 2006 Colts and their run defense heading into postseason!
Except they weren’t this bad, and their offense was still lights out.

Bad DL and slow LB’s don’t make for a strong run D. How many times have we seen a RB hit a hole and get an easy 5 or more. How many times have we seen a RB hit the corner thinking it could be for a loss but our slow LBs can’t get there and the play goes for a nice gain.

Bad DL and slow LB’s don’t make for a strong run D. How many times have we seen a RB hit a hole and get an easy 5 or more. How many times have we seen a RB hit the corner thinking it could be for a loss but our slow LBs can’t get there and the play goes for a nice gain.
That has been my biggest pet peeve this year. We see RB's go east/west and you think the LB/DL will push him out of bounds for a meager gain, only to run up field for 5+ yards.

There is a large, gaping hole on many a big run play next to No. 90 (Malcolm Brown). Why can't this be fixed?
I know that Shelton and Brown are going to be more athletically gifted than an UDFA or street level veteran, but they simply aren’t getting the job done. I wonder if we could see a few guys brought in for tryouts? Or what about Valentine? Isn’t he still on the PS? Whatever they’re doing isn’t working, so it seems odd to keep repeating the same mistakes.

...and Butler is ideally a Practice Squad player.
I think they liked the idea that Butler could play both inside and out. Unfortunately, he hasn’t seemed to do either terribly effectively, although some of that could be a cumulative effect of the poor DL play in general.

One thing we don't have to worry about is Flores getting a HC gig at least not for a while.

a five yard run is better than ben throwing 25 yard completions

The Steelers were deliberately attacking Brown and Wise yesterday and picking up good yardage.
Wise played 12 snaps. Why post things you are making up?

TN ran him over, played 9 snaps vs the NYJ and since then hes been exiled.

His play has been sub standard but wonder if its more than that.

maybe, but the results don't lie

I have concluded that today's model for the NFL should be to field a defense of nothing but minimum contract guys.....hell, all undrafted free agents........and spend all the money on skill guys and a left tackle

maybe, but the results don't lie

I have concluded that today's model for the NFL should be to field a defense of nothing but minimum contract guys.....hell, all undrafted free agents........and spend all the money on skill guys and a left tackle
I like it.

I think I would break the bank on one player. A Donald or a Mack-type. Someone who will make "that" play to tilt the game. Strip sack, INT, etc.

Too many role players and not enough studs will do that to a team.

I like it.

I think I would break the bank on one player. A Donald or a Mack-type. Someone who will make "that" play to tilt the game. Strip sack, INT, etc.

waste of money.......your 5th WR should be making 10M / yr

Defense has never been the same since switching to a 4-3. Bring back seymour, wilfork and warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft