PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats run defense is now in historical territory. Statistically worse than 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has been my biggest pet peeve this year. We see RB's go east/west and you think the LB/DL will push him out of bounds for a meager gain, only to run up field for 5+ yards.

Some of the reason may be because the LBs also have to back up the middle runs because of guys like Brown.

In the Wilfork and Ted Washington days middle runs were mostly sealed off allowing the LBs more flexibility.

Some of the reason may be because the LBs also have to back up the middle runs because of guys like Brown.

In the Wilfork and Ted Washington days middle runs were mostly sealed off allowing the LBs more flexibility.
Even in 2014-2016 Alan Branch did a nice job with that too.

I'm going to continue to blame Bill the GM. This teams talent on both sides of the ball are average at best. Even the bad defenses of the league (Chiefs) have guys that you have to game plan for on the D-Line. The Patriots have not one player you need to account for.

not the '03 defense
The '03 defense would give up even more than 30ppg because their play in 2018 would result in flags for hold after hold after DPI after hold, allowing the opposing offense to trivially march down the field.

Why? Plenty of 3-4 defenses doing well. Look at the bears and texans.
My opinion has nothing to do with scheme. 3-4 is a fine scheme

That 07 defense was big, slow and so-so in man coverage. Different game back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back