PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Bills all-22 rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, getting back on track:

Both backers hit that gap way too fast, too. That play was going nowhere even if Cannon makes that block.

The kind where you go as far as you can go and present yourself as a target for your QB????? It's reached a point where I have to ask, K, what did Meyers do to you? Did he grab your parking spot, break up with your granddaughter, or are you just an SEC fan? ;)

He quit on the route and he may have ran the wrong one. That much should be obvious. If you complete the route, you’re not walking backwards toward the pylon with at least five yards of grass to go. Because of that, Hyde was able to peel off and basically become a spy. But again, I find it hard to believe that Brady was expecting an out on that play with Edelman that close to the vicinity when he unloaded it. Either way, I keep repeating myself. I expected a lot of people in this thread not to understand this concept. I definitely didn’t expect a guy who actually played pro ball to not get it. :eek:

The disrespect we are showing Allen here is brutal.

I don’t blame them in the slightest for not bothering to disguise. Allen stinks. Why waste some of your more exotic stuff and put it on film for future opponents on his behalf?

He quit on the route and he may have ran the wrong one. That much should be obvious. If you complete the route, you’re not walking backwards toward the pylon with at least five yards of grass to go. Because of that, Hyde was able to peel off and basically become a spy. But again, I find it hard to believe that Brady was expecting an out on that play with Edelman that close to the vicinity when he unloaded it. Either way, I keep repeating myself. I expected a lot of people in this thread not to understand this concept. I definitely didn’t expect a guy who actually played pro ball to not get it. :eek:

Actually, after looking at this play several times, I believe Micah Hyde. He told BB after the game that "he stared him down," meaning Brady was staring at Edelman. When Brady was drawing his arm back to release the ball, Hyde pushed off Meyers and went ball hawking. Not sure Meyers ran the wrong route because Edelman was 7-8 years deep yards deep in the end zone coming back for the ball and Meyers was at the 1. On the other hand, it is not clear what Meyers was doing except occupying Hyde at the 1.

Last edited:
For the last time, if Meyers was doing what he was supposed to be doing, Micah would not have had the luxury of staring at Brady and then peeling off for the INT.

And that's the last time I'll address this play.
One can only hope

The disrespect we are showing Allen here is brutal.

I like how on the Van Noy sack, he immediately points to McCourty as if to say “that’s your sack!” Such a team concept with the NE defense...these guys really play as a group and you don’t have the 18 sack hog with his patented little dance. It must be he11 for QBs that you don’t know who is coming at you, as it could be anywhere from 3 to 7 pass rushers, and your hot route is usually covered by Darrelle Revis...I mean Stephon Gilmore. Meanwhile JC Jackson has a nice 22 passer rating against, and Jonathan Jones is a stud. Did I mention Jason McCourty yet?

Actually, after looking at this play several times, I believe Micah Hyde. He told BB after the game that "he stared him down," meaning Brady was staring at Edelman. When Brady was drawing his arm back to release the ball, Hyde pushed off Meyers and went ball hawking. Not sure Meyers ran the wrong route because Edelman was 7-8 years deep yards deep in the end zone coming back for the ball and Meyers was at the 1. On the other hand, it is not clear what Meyers was doing except occupying Hyde at the 1.

What we have here is a play where 2 things are almost certainly true:

1. Meyers screwed up
  2. Brady screwed up

For some bizarre reason, there are people here trying to excuse an obviously poor job by Meyers.

What we have here is a play where 2 things are almost certainly true:

1. Meyers screwed up
  2. Brady screwed up

For some bizarre reason, there are people here trying to excuse an obviously poor job by Meyers.

Meyers achieved binky status for many on this forum. With 13 years of “service” on here, it still surprises you that people on this forum are going full ****** when it comes to a binky?

Meyers achieved binky status for many on this forum. With 13 years of “service” on here, it still surprises you that people on this forum are going full ****** when it comes to a binky?

In a thread like this, where the working approach is to have a dispassionate look at specifics, I expect better, as we don't have many of these threads around anymore. Apparently, I need to lower those expectations.

That's on me. I'll manage my expectations better in the future.

I'm not sure why there's a multi page debate about the Meyers thing. It was abundantly obvious to me from the moment it happened that Meyers was at fault. Nothing I've seen or heard since then has made me change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down