PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats @ Bills all-22 rewatch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He feels Hughes but sees Phillips barreling through. Thats enough to get him off his spot.
Yeah, this is where the play really goes to **** IMO. Newhouse could have forced Hughes a bit deeper on his outside rush, but there was enough pocket for Brady to step into and make the throw to Gordon...

...until the stunting DT started collapsing the left side of the pocket just as Hughes was getting around Newhouse. That's when Brady aborted the play.

Regards,
Chris

Yeah, this is where the play really goes to **** IMO. Newhouse could have forced Hughes a bit deeper on his outside rush, but there was enough pocket for Brady to step into and make the throw to Gordon...

...until the stunting DT started collapsing the left side of the pocket just as Hughes was getting around Newhouse. That's when Brady aborted the play.

Regards,
Chris

When you slowly rewatch the play almost frame by frame it gets a bit weirder. He stops looking at Gordon right as he breaks open. And that is before Newhouse gets beat and the stunting DT comes into his view.

From the outside it looks like there is a comfortable window to throw the fade without much risk.

It is almost like he didn't like something about Gordon's matchup and then looked over and wanted to go for White on the slant in the middle. And only then the pressure makes him roll right.

This has me absolutely perplexed because Barkley is no longer protected by the RTP rule and KVN is NOT hitting.. could be the blindside rule though..

Sure Barkley fell down but what does he expect from just walking around on a football field during a play?

Meets the definition of a blindside block - key is Van Noy is blocking towards his own goal line.

When you slowly rewatch the play almost frame by frame it gets a bit weirder. He stops looking at Gordon right as he breaks open. And that is before Newhouse gets beat and the stunting DT comes into his view.

From the outside it looks like there is a comfortable window to throw the fade without much risk.

It is almost like he didn't like something about Gordon's matchup and then looked over and wanted to go for White on the slant in the middle. And only then the pressure makes him roll right.
I'm guessing the CB playing with outside leverage gave Brady pause on a corner fade. That was enough as Brady didn't have enough time to come back to him.

Regards,
Chris

Seems like you and Kontra are forming a sweet mutual admiration society. But it comes off as more as a desperate attempt to prop up your mutual misunderstanding of that play. But there is nothing more I can add that I haven't already said and I hate to repeat myself.....too many times ;) So I will leave the 2 of you to your dual delusion

You forgot to include @BaconGrundleCandy who is very knowledgeable about the game too.. face it Ken, you're outnumbered on this one. ;)

The disrespect we are showing Allen here is brutal.

Meets the definition of a blindside block - key is Van Noy is blocking towards his own goal line.

Ehh.. more sideline to sideline, so it's not quite blindside. But it apparently falls under the RTP rule which supersedes the "fair game" rule, so the defense can't exploit a loophole to knock out the QB. Think this may be a new tweak introduced in the 2016 rule changes.

You forgot to include @BaconGrundleCandy who is very knowledgeable about the game too.. face it Ken, you're outnumbered on this one. ;)
All BGC said he THOUGHT he could have run a crisper route (whatever that is) AND thinks he had nothing to do with the pick. You two are making it seem that he was directly responsible for the pick AND killed the Pope AND the 2 guys Ray Lewis was supposed to have killed. Big difference.

But carry on, and be sure to send me some of the same stuff you and K are on. That sh!t must be Timothy LEARY good.

At full speed, Meyers *looked* awkward or uncertain during the interception so since he is a rookie, he will get the blame. He stood out in a negative way despite the specifics of the scheme at hand.

All BGC said he THOUGHT he could have run a crisper route (whatever that is) AND thinks he had nothing to do with the pick. You two are making it seem that he was directly responsible for the pick AND killed the Pope AND the 2 guys Ray Lewis was supposed to have killed. Big difference.

But carry on, and be sure to send me some of the same stuff you and K are on. That sh!t must be Timothy LEARY good.

Killed what pope? :eek: Are you thinking of John Pope I?

I'm on other side on this one.

giphy.gif

Alright, getting back on track:

Killed what pope? :eek: Are you thinking of John Pope I?
No Pope in particular, I was in a Reformation Era conspiratorial state when I wrote it. In other words it was to imply a crime so horrific that it would meet your level of dismay about Jacobi Meyer's complicity in the Brady pick. :rolleyes: ;)

Ugh! My head aches when I have to write some many big words, use historical references and think "deep thoughts".. Sign of age I guess.

For the last time, if Meyers was doing what he was supposed to be doing, Micah would not have had the luxury of staring at Brady and then peeling off for the INT...

...In fact the more I looked at it the less I thought it less a bad throw by Brady and much more a great drop off by Fitzpatrick. If I was to blame Brady for anything on that throw it was not holding Fitzpatrick to stay on Meyers, allowing him to drop off into the pass. If he hadn't I think it would have been a TD.

Why you have latched on to Meyer as the culprit in the play is quite astounding to me. He ran his out route to the sideline. What more did you want him to do?

And just WHAT was he "supposed" to be doing, Bill? :rolleyes:

Anything but standing around, and letting Micah push off him. His hand technique is absolutely terrible here- a savvy receiver always keeps a DB off balance. That's what they are good at- the slap, push, shove, yanking, hooking game.

He didn't make any real effort to get into the end zone.
Meyers certainly didn't run a convincing route, but he was likely thought to be the Last option on this play anyway...Besides, what what was he supposed to do, hold the DB? Isn't that, like, a penalty or something? Hyde at this point had already made eye contact with Brady and was in perfect position for the INT because Brady Never looked him away from Edelman, his intended target. In fact, Brady should've thrown the ball to Meyers then because Hyde would likely not have been in position to defend that one.

Two more people deserve blame here besides Meyers and especially Brady: White & Newhouse ...White should have absolutely chipped at the DE before he went into his route, especially if he had remembered who his team's LT is...that one addition half-second just might've given Brady enough time to re-consider his short-sighted decision to abandon the fade to Gordon, who had Immediately beaten his man at the snap...Newhouse's inclusion on this list needs no further explanation of course...When is Bill going to pull this guy? After he gets Brady killed? Are both Cunningham & Benenoch really so lousy that Neither of them deserve snaps at LT (their natural position, BTW) ahead of him? Sad.

That entire play was a multi-car accident and typical of most of the rest of the afternoon...and also completely Unacceptable.

No Pope in particular, I was in a Reformation Era conspiratorial state when I wrote it. In other words it was to imply a crime so horrific that it would meet your level of dismay about Jacobi Meyer's complicity in the Brady pick. :rolleyes: ;)

Ugh! My head aches when I have to write some many big words, use historical references and think "deep thoughts".. Sign of age I guess.

Embrace it Ken, Meyers was the man on the grassy knoll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back