Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Northern VA/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Why 2019 Is the Most Auspicious Year Ever
Re: Team of the Decade

Consider what happens if they go all the way this year:

The Teens Patriots line would read: 4....6....9....10....10 Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!

I find it unfathomable that any other team would be able to stake the claim again.

Last edited:

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
Consider what happens if they go all the way this year:

The Teens Patriots line would read: 4....5....9....10....10 Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!

I find it unfathomable that any other team would be able to stake the claim again.

If the first column becomes 4 the second becomes 6.

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
My biggest takeaways from this are how underrated the 1970s Cowboys are these days, and how underwhelming the 49ers look on this chart despite their epic run.

I already know we're looking at the GOAT dynasty, QB, TE, coach...it's cool to see more graphics though...always cool to see.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Two quibbles:
-Decades start with a 1 and end with a 0.
-When did Germans, or any German, get so excited about the NFL as to dives this deep into it?

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
My biggest takeaways from this are how underrated the 1970s Cowboys are these days, and how underwhelming the 49ers look on this chart despite their epic run.

I already know we're looking at the GOAT dynasty, QB, TE, coach...it's cool to see more graphics though...always cool to see.
I remember looking one time and seeing the Cowboys were in 10 of the first 13 NFC championship games (1970 - 1982) and being amazed (and I still am). And going back to the NFL championship game they were in 12 of 17 from 1966 - 1982. They just didn't win the big one enough, and therefore got lost behind the Steelers and lumped in with the Dolphins and Raiders as part of the next tier of teams during that era.

And now you have the Patriots, who've been in 8 AFC championship games in a row and 13 of 18 from 2001 - 2018. Plus 3 times as many championships to show for it compared to the Cowboys in that era. Insane!

Last edited:

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Nothing like a good ol' off-season circle ****.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
The 70's were dominated by the AFC, The Raiders, Dolphins and Steelers won 7 of the 10 SB's, ie the 3rd, 5th and Sixth all times decades. What is really crazy is the Pats have the #1 AND #4 all time decade records under Brady. Funny the Steelers of the past 20 years are the #13 & #15 decades all time and have been totally overshadowed and dominated by the Patriots head toi head. No wonder their fans hate us so much.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Just read that article and was going to post......Liked reading the comment section. A few "cheater" comments and some Steeler discussions. What I like best, it's still not ova!!!

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
SF with 5 SB is additionally the mark for consecutive decade dominance.

SF 1980-1999

SB Wins: 5
SB appearances: 5
Regular Season: 217-94-1, .698
Playoffs: 22-11, .667
Combined: 239-105-1, .694

NE 2000-2018

SB Wins: 6
SB: appearances: 9
Regular season: 225-79, .740
Playoffs: 30-10, .705
Combined: 255-89, .741

So the Patriots can go 0-16 and still have the better Regular Season and Combined records. They can also go one and done and still have the better playoff record. SBs and Appearances are already locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.