Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why 2019 Is the Most Auspicious Year Ever
Re: Team of the Decade

Consider what happens if they go all the way this year:

The Teens Patriots line would read: 4....6....9....10....10 Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!

I find it unfathomable that any other team would be able to stake the claim again.

Last edited:
Recheck your numbers

Consider what happens if they go all the way this year:

The Teens Patriots line would read: 4....5....9....10....10 Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!

I find it unfathomable that any other team would be able to stake the claim again.

If the first column becomes 4 the second becomes 6.

My biggest takeaways from this are how underrated the 1970s Cowboys are these days, and how underwhelming the 49ers look on this chart despite their epic run.

I already know we're looking at the GOAT dynasty, QB, TE, coach...it's cool to see more graphics though...always cool to see.

Stay grounded, one game at a time..

Let's get through TC and preseason first..

If they go 12-4 in 2019 their win% actually decreases o_O

The Bills line is hilarious

Two quibbles:
-Decades start with a 1 and end with a 0.
-When did Germans, or any German, get so excited about the NFL as to dives this deep into it?

My biggest takeaways from this are how underrated the 1970s Cowboys are these days, and how underwhelming the 49ers look on this chart despite their epic run.

I already know we're looking at the GOAT dynasty, QB, TE, coach...it's cool to see more graphics though...always cool to see.
I remember looking one time and seeing the Cowboys were in 10 of the first 13 NFC championship games (1970 - 1982) and being amazed (and I still am). And going back to the NFL championship game they were in 12 of 17 from 1966 - 1982. They just didn't win the big one enough, and therefore got lost behind the Steelers and lumped in with the Dolphins and Raiders as part of the next tier of teams during that era.

And now you have the Patriots, who've been in 8 AFC championship games in a row and 13 of 18 from 2001 - 2018. Plus 3 times as many championships to show for it compared to the Cowboys in that era. Insane!

Last edited:
Nothing like a good ol' off-season circle ****.

I know it would have been very odd, but a Year Zero would have saved everyone alot of grief...
we can make 2001 instead be year 0 ADB.

(Anno Dominico Bradyicus, in the year of our Lord Brady).

dcdf5b42acb95fa3551faa23a2f1e9e4.jpg

The 70's were dominated by the AFC, The Raiders, Dolphins and Steelers won 7 of the 10 SB's, ie the 3rd, 5th and Sixth all times decades. What is really crazy is the Pats have the #1 AND #4 all time decade records under Brady. Funny the Steelers of the past 20 years are the #13 & #15 decades all time and have been totally overshadowed and dominated by the Patriots head toi head. No wonder their fans hate us so much.

Just read that article and was going to post......Liked reading the comment section. A few "cheater" comments and some Steeler discussions. What I like best, it's still not ova!!!

SF with 5 SB is additionally the mark for consecutive decade dominance.

SF 1980-1999

SB Wins: 5
SB appearances: 5
Regular Season: 217-94-1, .698
Playoffs: 22-11, .667
Combined: 239-105-1, .694

NE 2000-2018

SB Wins: 6
SB: appearances: 9
Regular season: 225-79, .740
Playoffs: 30-10, .705
Combined: 255-89, .741

So the Patriots can go 0-16 and still have the better Regular Season and Combined records. They can also go one and done and still have the better playoff record. SBs and Appearances are already locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots