PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots ROOKIE Mini-Camp (13-15) - Going on Now

LOL I love the Captain as a humorist , but his positivity is of the "dog that didn't bark" type. I remember early in last year's draft he was on a rant against Justin Fields, probably because he thought BB was going to pick him. Then when BB picked Mac -- crickets! I thought at the time, oh the Captain likes this pick!

I didn't want to spend what it would've cost to trade up for him, because I didn't feel that he was that much better of a prospect than Mac... I'm glad that Bill & Co held their water instead of being suckered into a trade-up for either of them.

Last edited:
@Zuma - Thanks for linking this. Just wish the Pats put names on the players. I don't recognize all the faces.
Exactly what I thought but I said to myself the other posters would think he is not a real fan he does not even recognise the players.......lol....glad I am not alone

It wasn't raining money here on draft weekend, that's for sure.
It's always raining in Captain Stoned land... it's perpetual darkness and misery.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Again? Considering I never have before WTF are you talking about?

Jameson Williams is too small, way too skinny... he's screwed.

Be consistent at least in your criticism Stoney.

Apologies, it was another poster then.

That's so weird. NFL.com has him 10 #s heavier (189 #) & an inch taller (6'-2"). Ten pounds is a lot.
The Official Heights and Weights from the Combine are:
Jameson Williams 6'1.4" 179 lbs Williams recovering from ACL surgery didn't run - 4.34e
Tyquan Thornton 6' 2.3" 181 lbs Thornton ran 4.28

Report has come out that Thornton was a late add to the Patriots 30 "Official" Visits and that he impressed the Patriots staff with his football intelligence. Obviously, this "leak" came from the Patriots trying to boost their selection.

Guys like AB, Emmanuel Sanders, Lockett, TY, Fuller, D-Jax, Waddle & Cooks are all between 180-189. Thornton will gain strength & be fine. He’s already pretty good with his release off the line. Hell, Devonta Smith is 170-175. Relax..

Last edited:
Lamb was 198 coming out of college.
FYI. That is almost 20 pounds heavier on a 6-2 frame.

We shall see. I am more worried anout Jalen Mills as #1 cb to be honest

Can't be a lot of man coverage with Mills (or Butler for that matter). Hope Jon Jones kicks outside aND another Jones emerges.

The small sticks you start a campfire with are called kindling. You're welcome.

So the news out of rookie camp is, Tyquan Thornton still has skinny legs, and by the way, still runs a sub-4.3 40. Neither of these things are true of me, and I am not an NFL wide receiver. So I'm calling this good news. I will have to wait and judge by his pro performance. But that is some trenchant analysis. Yes, I am making a sarcsatic hand motion.

That's the guy BB chose over Skyy Moore

His 3-cone and height would be all we’d be hearing about instead of twig legs …

A1F1F33E-06BA-4EEA-B60F-1C8FF319FC70.png

Thonton‘s 3-cone was worse (per Evan Lazar) so IMHO neither was a great choice, I wanted Travis Jones there so I don’t know diddly squat, I’m just saying we’d likely be *****ing about Moore also.

Last edited:
Can't be a lot of man coverage with Mills (or Butler for that matter). Hope Jon Jones kicks outside aND another Jones emerges.
Take one of the Best slot corners in the league and move him outside where he's going to be mismatched against guys that are 4-6 inches taller than him? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Pretty sure it was well established that if the Patriots let Jackson go, they were going to move to more Zone anyway.

Take one of the Best slot corners in the league and move him outside where he's going to be mismatched against guys that are 4-6 inches taller than him? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Pretty sure it was well established that if the Patriots let Jackson go, they were going to move to more Zone anyway.

Jon Jones is 5'10". Marcus Jones is 5'8". Terrance Mitchell, Jack Jones, and Malcolm Butler are 5'11". Not sure where you got 4" to 6" taller than Jon Jones when he is only 1" shorter than our other options and Marcus is 2" shorter than Jon. Not sure why you are so concerned about 1" shorter. If Marcus works out, at 5'8" the Pats are planning on playing him in the slot.

not only PICKED Thornton but moved UP to get him, when "common wisdom" thought he'd be there when they picked, thus expending draft capital.

The fact is that Thornton is a high ceiling, low floor pick. It's been made and like all our draft picks we have nothing to do, but wait over the next 3 years to see how they pan out. All the b!tc9ing and moaning that I see on the board is just wasted energy. It is an argument that has no right or wrong answer.....at this point

Save this thread and put it on hold until the 2025 season and I'll come back and THEN rate how this draft has gone. But more likely I'll come back amazed that I'm still here. ;)
There were rumours that he was high on the boards of two teams that were picking before the pats hence moving up. It is telling that two WR went very quickly after we selected thornton. Often the common wisdom doesn't have the same amount of information that the patriots do when making their decision to move up.

There are plenty of other places to post stuff that interests you. You might not realize it, but I look at threads on specific topics and then read the threads that interest me. If there isn't any news coming out of rookie camp so be it, the thread will die. It isn't up to you to decide to start bashing coaches to keep the thread going.

He spent all of last season doing the exact same thing. He’s simply trying to f.ck up as many threads as possible, and he will continue to do the same thing this season.

He's 6'2-185. Never had a leg or arm injury in College. Which is different than someone like Bob Sanders.

If you look at him, he's already pretty jacked (muscle definition). It's unlikely he'll put on 10-15 lbs. Claiming that if he doesn't he'll be a permanent member of the disabled list is ridiculous.

The last time I saw anyone so infatuated with a guy’s calf’s was on Entourage when Johnny Drama wanted to get calf implants , and he fixated on Lamar Odom’s calf’s at a party.

Thornton’s job is to give them a reliable deep threat, so defenses will have to honor that threat and that will open things up underneath for the other receivers. The size of his calf’s is irrelevant. And you know also was built like that? Randy Moss, and he was rarely injured.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back