PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

2020/2021 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread.

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
12:/29
Patriots released Earl Watford from the PS

12/30:
Patriots have waived Jordan Thomas from the "53"

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
12/31:
Updated with the Patriots placing Tashon Bower on the IR.
Updated with the Patriots placing Josh Uche on the IR.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
12/31:
Updated with the Patriots placing Tashon Bower on the IR.
Updated with the Patriots placing Josh Uche on the IR.
What’s the point of placing a player on ir in the last week of the season. I’m sure there must be a reason, but I don’t know what it is. With the covid rules I can’t imagine the roster spot matters.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
What’s the point of placing a player on ir in the last week of the season. I’m sure there must be a reason, but I don’t know what it is. With the covid rules I can’t imagine the roster spot matters.
The point is to give the team flexibility. For instance. Rashad Berry and Thurman had already had the maximum number of "standard Promotions" from the Practice Squad. So, the only way they'd be allowed to play this week is if the team signed them to the 53. And to do that, they need the roster space.

If you're referring to the Covid Promotions, they are only applicable to cover players on the Covid list.

Ochmed Jones

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
We start the season 2 and 5. We then go 4 and 1 and are sitting at 6 and 6. People are talking about the playoffs and some people who do not know anything about football, like dabruinz, are talking about extending newton!

then the wheels come off and we lose three straight and look really terrible while losing those games!

What changed after the chargers game? It has to be more than losing Harris and izzo!!!!

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Moving guys from the PS to the 53 protects them from being signed by other teams. Stashing those 53 players 2 on IR allowed the Pats to protect 2 more players from theft by elevating them to the 53.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
Moving guys from the PS to the 53 protects them from being signed by other teams. Stashing those 53 players 2 on IR allowed the Pats to protect 2 more players from theft by elevating them to the 53.
Thanks but would it matter with a few days left in the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.