PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020/2021 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drafted in 2014, played for about a half dozen teams over a couple of years and hasn’t played since.
Martin actually played 2 games this year for the Lions.. 5 special teams snaps in total.

12:/29
Patriots released Earl Watford from the PS

12/30:
Patriots have waived Jordan Thomas from the "53"

12/31:
Updated with the Patriots placing Tashon Bower on the IR.
Updated with the Patriots placing Josh Uche on the IR.

12/31:
Updated with the Patriots placing Tashon Bower on the IR.
Updated with the Patriots placing Josh Uche on the IR.
What’s the point of placing a player on ir in the last week of the season. I’m sure there must be a reason, but I don’t know what it is. With the covid rules I can’t imagine the roster spot matters.

What’s the point of placing a player on ir in the last week of the season. I’m sure there must be a reason, but I don’t know what it is. With the covid rules I can’t imagine the roster spot matters.
The point is to give the team flexibility. For instance. Rashad Berry and Thurman had already had the maximum number of "standard Promotions" from the Practice Squad. So, the only way they'd be allowed to play this week is if the team signed them to the 53. And to do that, they need the roster space.

If you're referring to the Covid Promotions, they are only applicable to cover players on the Covid list.

1/1/21
Updated with the Patriots signing Dee Virgin - CB - to the 53

Context: Devin White tested positive today and will almost definitely miss the first playoff game.

We start the season 2 and 5. We then go 4 and 1 and are sitting at 6 and 6. People are talking about the playoffs and some people who do not know anything about football, like dabruinz, are talking about extending newton!

then the wheels come off and we lose three straight and look really terrible while losing those games!

What changed after the chargers game? It has to be more than losing Harris and izzo!!!!

Moving guys from the PS to the 53 protects them from being signed by other teams. Stashing those 53 players 2 on IR allowed the Pats to protect 2 more players from theft by elevating them to the 53.

Moving guys from the PS to the 53 protects them from being signed by other teams. Stashing those 53 players 2 on IR allowed the Pats to protect 2 more players from theft by elevating them to the 53.
Thanks but would it matter with a few days left in the season?

1/1/2021:
Updated with Jack Cichy - LB - signing with Tampa Bay

Thanks but would it matter with a few days left in the season?
Player is protected until next season. Playoff bound teams could poach PS especially if hit by COVID..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes