PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots ROOKIE Mini-Camp (13-15) - Going on Now

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We had the first roster victim. OL Liam Shanahan failed his physical and was released by the team.

One Mini-Camp Invitee is safety Coby Tippett. He's the son of Patriots Hall of Famer Andre Tippett.

Pats are currently at 86 for the roster. Safety is a stacked position with McCourty, Phillips, Peppers, Dugger, Bledsoe. They also have Myles Bryant and UDFA Brendan Schooler. The Pats also have special teamer Cody Davis who is listed as a Safety.

Mini-camp is closed to the media.

This is the voluntary mini-camp, right? The mandatory one is first week of June?

Coby would seem to be a little over his head his best chance will be his mind he needs to be well above average football IQ and then he might be able to stick on the PS long enough to develop.

I'd say there is a good chance he is a really smart football mind pretty sure he's had decent access to the team through the years.

I think we are all rooting for him.

Coby would seem to be a little over his head his best chance will be his mind he needs to be well above average football IQ and then he might be able to stick on the PS long enough to develop.

I'd say there is a good chance he is a really smart football mind pretty sure he's had decent access to the team through the years.

I think we are all rooting for him.

I believe Coby is an invite as noted. So first he has to make the team before he can be placed on the practice squad later in the year, if I understand this correctly.

One year ago we were all on the edge of our seats!

Any eyes on the rookies yet other than they passed the condition test. What other things do the rookie's get, playbook, welcome cookies, tour of the facility, roommate assignments? I know, it's a coach Bill thing.

Any eyes on the rookies yet other than they passed the condition test. What other things do the rookie's get, playbook, welcome cookies, tour of the facility, roommate assignments? I know, it's a coach Bill thing.
it's like freshman orientation at a college...did everyone show up? ..good...that's about it

Last edited:
Camp Invitees need to be signed so they can attend all the mini-camps and pre-season camp. Before they can be added to the Practice Squad they must be cut and pass through waivers.

Camp Invitees need to be signed so they can attend all the mini-camps and pre-season camp. Before they can be added to the Practice Squad they must be cut and pass through waivers.

The Patriots can bring in numerous players to mini-camp for a "try-out". They are not officially signed to the roster and do not count against the 90-man limit.

They brought in at least 4. No idea if they brought in any O-line.

The only one of those position coaches that feels questionable to me is Joe Judge on QBs. But I'm willing to bet that Bill is going to have a pretty direct relationship with Mac Jones this season, and Hoyer is there to fill in some gaps as well. Everyone else has at least some experience in the role that's listed, even if Patricia's was several years ago.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back