PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Jamie Collins

NE Miami or Tennessee. Only 3 places he can actually still get tread. Its crazy that Collins is already 32.

Come here for a year, play great, get a big contract elsewhere, phone it in, get released, come back here for a year, play great.
I'll revise this slightly - come here and play great for about half a season to get said big contract. His last go round he was a big reason the "bogeymen" crashed and burned as his play diminished significantly.

Doesn't mean he isn't worth a whirl - he is (especially for "nothing" comparatively), but expectation management is that he'll not shine as long as most think.

Should I get back together with my ex-girlfriend for the seventh time?
Depends upon the reason you want to get back together and for how long.

, I have pictures of Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones at Logan with the same bags all in front of Hertz.
Not only that, but who knew Hertz was the official rental car company of all players linked to future Patriots signings (and that's an awfully specific subset for said "official vehicle of" status)?

I don't see any reason why he WOULDN'T sign in NE. I mean, yeah, he might not get a ton of snaps, but he'll get enough snaps to make a few flashy plays and fool yet another team into giving him a decent paycheck next season. He knows the formula at this point.

Was going to make a thread saw this one.

YES go get Collins!! Don't even need to trade for him. And take Bentley off the field.

Udon - Hightower - Collins - Van Noy/Uche

I agree with others about some of his flaws. Can we sign him to a 1 game contract? I think his skill sets could be useful vs TB blitz those gaps all day.

He will be back in New England. Give effort for the rest of the season then some team will give him a big contract and he will go back to being lazy

I would welcome Collins back, but I don't know if I would at that price. This defense needs more speed. Collins definitely seems to perform better in the Pats' system than elsewhere.

I’d take him, do we really have a need though? We have quite a bit of depth at linebacker. Miami might be more likely.

Was going to make a thread saw this one.

YES go get Collins!! Don't even need to trade for him. And take Bentley off the field.

Udon - Hightower - Collins - Van Noy/Uche
I make fun of Bentley as much as the next guy but he’s been good this year.

I don't get the Lions. Why cut Collins now? It seems clear they had no intention of keeping him. Why not cut him before the roster was set and his salary became guaranteed? He had a $3.8 million base salary this year. If they knew they were going to try to unload him, why not before the start of the season and save that $3.8 million of guarantees. They are going to take a massive cap hit already.

In fact, they screwed up and already converted $5 million of base salary into a signing bonus during the offseason. So it looks like that means that is $8.8 million that they didn't have to pay the guy if they just cut the guy in the offseason.

I don’t know if Hightower has been better than Bentley this year

Depends upon the reason you want to get back together and for how long.
This, plus how much money she wants to be paid to get back together from now until March.

He hasn't, actually. He's getting tackle numbers like Monty Beisel / Gary Guyton 2.0.
The best way to probably see this is look up highlight videos not of the pats, but look at the week1 Dolphins highlight video, week2 Jets video, week3 Saints video. Bentley misses guys all over the place and takes bad angles.

Why do you think his snap count keeps going lower and lower every game? I'm glad Van Noy is back and him plus Hightower are slowly getting their legs back. But just go get Collins, that gives the team 4 vets plus Uche, then go find a big fat NT to fix the defensive line.

BTW, I am betting Collins ends up in Miami. The Dolphins need LB help and Flores has a history with Collins.

Tom'll bring him to tampa

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back