PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Jamie Collins

Best case for newton is he learns to speak Canadian and buys a bunch of long John’s!

Why do you think he'll be cut? Also, what have you seen of him this year that makes you think he'll be useful?
I appears something happened to the point that they dont want him in the building anymore. That is not normal. Have not seen anything from him this year but do know that he understands what we do here and with Tower around, Collins can help our LBs group.

The contract is too expensive. The Lions would need to eat a ton of money if they want draft capital back. If they cut him then yeah, your usual 1-year (or a partial year in this case) rental makes sense to me, though linebacker is pretty deep so he won't get a ton of reps, theoretically.

Collins has always played well in NE, but I would rather see them develop their young linebackers than bring him back.

Surprise, those trade talks were entirely one-sided and they just released him.

I honestly forgot we were even talking about a trade and when I opened the thread I assumed he had already been released and today's post was about him signing somewhere.

Now I'm definitely interested.

I honestly forgot we were even talking about a trade and when I opened the thread I assumed he had already been released and today's post was about him signing somewhere.

Now I'm definitely interested.
We'll offer... nothing !

(still interested)

We seem to have a nice gig going with Collins: Come here for a year, play great, get a big contract elsewhere, phone it in, get released, come back here for a year, play great. Works for me!

Now that hes been released and cheaper, I revise my position.

Take it or leave it offer. He has value in this defense.

We seem to have a nice gig going with Collins: Come here for a year, play great, get a big contract elsewhere, phone it in, get released, come back here for a year, play great. Works for me!
He faded badly in 2019. Not sure if it was physical or general disinterest in playing his best.

It was going to be an Osweiler-like trade if it happened.

He faded badly in 2019. Not sure if it was physical or general disinterest in playing his best.

That team was so stacked on defense, especially against that joke first half schedule, that Collins was great pinning his ears back, and any mistakes were covered up. When the defense started slipping, facing better offenses, etc. all of his weaknesses were highlighted again. They got a really cheap pass rusher in 2019 for a good deal. Seeing that they could do the same thing with Winovich but realize a one trick pony won’t work with this defense, I doubt they’ll want Collins for round 3. Unless he accepts some really extreme lowball offer.

That team was so stacked on defense, especially against that joke first half schedule, that Collins was great pinning his ears back, and any mistakes were covered up. When rhe defense started slipping, facing better offenses, etc. all of his weaknesses were highlighted again. They got a really cheap pass rusher in 2019 for a good deal. Seeing that they could do the same thing with Winovich but realize a one trick pony won’t work with this defense, I doubt they’ll want Collins for round 3. Unless he accepts some really extreme lowball offer.
Yep. Blitzing up the middle or in gaps, playing in space - those are his strengths. Playing in the trenches. Absolutely not.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back