PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Jamie Collins

Umm, no way. The dude is checked out. Maybe you missed him being lazy on Monday night. I'd say he's ready to retire and we can't afford that salary anyway.

Collins gets paid and then checks out. He's done it 3 times now. Once in Cleveland, once here in 2016 while freelancing to get stats, and actually late in the 2019 season when he just up and disappeared after collecting a lot of stats early in the season, so this is his 4th time in his career doing that. Detroit signing him was so dumb. He's not a leader.

I like the idea of a late round pick for Collins. Langi is cuttable.

No. Langhi plays on STs. Collins is lazy and a bad leader which is why he's on the block and we shouldn't be collecting Detroit's bad contract
He had 101 tackles last season. He has the same amount of tackles this season as Hightower. He’s also about to be 32.

No. Langhi plays on STs. Collins is lazy and a bad leader which is why he's on the block and we shouldn't be collecting Detroit's bad contract
Unless you care about Kraft saving money or want us to make a huge trade for a star player, the contract should not be a major factor in the decision. We saw this in Cleveland too, and guess what happened when he got back here? He started trying again. I'm not saying he'll regain his motivation the third time around here, seeing as a 32 year old linebacker is coming right up on the end of his career, but there is direct precedent for it and it would be super easy to cut our losses if it doesn't work out. Just don't trade too much for him.

As for Langi, we've gotten by without him in the past and we can get by without him now. He's not one of the best in the league at ST or anything.

He had 101 tackles last season. He has the same amount of tackles this season as Hightower. He’s also about to be 32.
So your saying he around 32 and had 101 tackles last year? I just want to get this straight :)

I remember him getting tooled on a wheel route in the final Seahawks SB drive.

I saw Collins blow coverage on a wheel route again on MNF.....

We can't jump over the LOS on field goals anymore....

Collins bit on an Owen Daniels seam route twice in the 2015 AFC title game....practically the only two passes Manning made that day....

But...we do need some speed/depth at LB even if I love what Bentley has been doing....

Take it for what it's worth....

Should I get back together with my ex-girlfriend for the seventh time?
Depends? What does she look like? Is she just a little crazy or plain old bat **** crazy burn your house down type?

What I remember about 2019 was that he looked like an all-pro for the first few weeks but faded badly down the stretch and was a ultimately a non-factor by the end of the season. Not really what you are looking for and now he is two years older with more millions in the bank to fall back on.

My first instinct upon reading the report was “Hmmm, that’s interesting” but the more that I think about it the less appealing a reunion seems, unless they suffer a major injury.

I remember him getting tooled on a wheel route in the final Seahawks SB drive.
Didnt he get embarrassed by owen Daniels in the 2015 AFC title game? Remember he had two tds, and Collins at least in coverage on one.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t say his contract is a complete mess. From an acquiring team’s perspective, he has 3.8m in base salary for 2021, some of which has already been paid. 2022 he has a base salary of 9.8m, none of which is guaranteed. Very cuttable, no dead cap involved. All prior bonus cap hits stay with Detroit.

His trade value is that of a LB making $3.8m on a one year contract with an non- guaranteed future option for 9.8m. Any NFL team can fit that contract in for 2021 if they think he’s still capable of playing at a high level.

Didn’t HT answer ‘Jamie Collins’ when a reporter asked who was his fav player from another team ?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back