PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offense sees 'light at the end of the tunnel'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not buying the Brady Apologist angle on this topic, because that's what the elephant in the room is.

Brady is irrelevant to the question of talent at the non-Brady positions. The elephant in the room is, apparently, your inability to accept reality about the team's offensive talent.

Brady is irrelevant to the question of talent at the non-Brady positions. The elephant in the room is, apparently, your inability to accept reality about the team's offensive talent.

Disagree. Brady has to be relevant unless a Brady Apologist claims he magically isn't to try to deflect as if the guy is a robot and not a human, and never makes a bad read, decision or pass, ever.

This is laughable and why a lot of non-Pats fans don't take some of our fans seriously.

He throws a crappy deep ball without playaction. Even Edelman had to wait on the flea flicker one and Dorsett clearly gets deep behind Ds and he even had to wait, so even when some fans whine about supposed flaws with Brady's talent, it doesn't add up. So, Brady, being the most important player on the offense, you know the guy who makes the decisions with the ball and you know, throws it(?), is kinda vital to how the offense goes. Yep. Just checked. QB is arguably the most important role in all of team sports.

The elephant in the room is how preposterous it is to have arguably the best/most versatile/experienced/deepest RB group in the conference, not use it barely at all, and at the same time try sell knowledgeable Pats fans that Cordarrelle Patterson, a guy who had the playbook dumbed down for him at UNiv of Tenn, and a breaking down Chris Hogan, is better than Sanu, a more seasoned Dorsett, Harry and Meyers as pretty good looking rookies (in limited looks so far), as compared to last year.

And, Gronk wasn't really a pass option last year, only at times for the most part, as he was breaking down as well.

Again, disingenuous at best to claim that the WR corps is worse this year as compared to last.

Only the TE spot is.

Disagree. Brady has to be relevant unless a Brady Apologist claims he magically isn't to try to deflect as if the guy is a robot and not a human, and never makes a bad read, decision or pass, ever.

This is laughable and why a lot of non-Pats fans don't take some of our fans seriously.

He throws a crappy deep ball without playaction. Even Edelman had to wait on the flea flicker one and Dorsett clearly gets deep behind Ds and he even had to wait, so even when some fans whine about supposed flaws with Brady's talent, it doesn't add up. So, Brady, being the most important player on the offense, you know the guy who makes the decisions with the ball and you know, throws it(?), is kinda vital to how the offense goes. Yep. Just checked. QB is arguably the most important role in all of team sports.

The elephant in the room is how preposterous it is to have arguably the best/most versatile/experienced/deepest RB group in the conference, not use it barely at all, and at the same time try sell knowledgeable Pats fans that Cordarrelle Patterson, a guy who had the playbook dumbed down for him at UNiv of Tenn, and a breaking down Chris Hogan, is better than Sanu, a more seasoned Dorsett, Harry and Meyers as pretty good looking rookies (in limited looks so far), as compared to last year.

And, Gronk wasn't really a pass option last year, only at times for the most part, as he was breaking down as well.

Again, disingenuous at best to claim that the WR corps is worse this year as compared to last.

Only the TE spot is.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and the tape continues to prove that. And, since you have nothing but insane takes to offer, we're done here.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and the tape continues to prove that. And, since you have nothing but insane takes to offer, we're done here.

Ok, so a swift backpedal. Duly noted.

They increase their RZ scoring percentage , the offense will become much easier in the game since teams will play start to watch the score. That is the biggest place they need to fix.
I think even more than red zone it’s when they hit about the +35. They seem to stall in that area of the field a lot and never used to.
I’m rarely one to blame play calling because execution is much more important but I don’t think josh has a good handle on what he is putting out there and how to make the most of what they do well and hide their weaknesses.
I would not be at all surprised to find that bb is going to become more involved in the offensive game planning.

Last edited:
Correct, except you're ignoring how our offense was criticized last year WITH Brown on it.

Remember?
Yes at points the offense was criticized but I don't remember the offensive line being criticized. Last years O-line was one of the best we have had.

Ok, so if you are a D and are told to focus only on the pass as a man coverage unit, rush 4 flood the middle with LBs, and stick a nickel or dime CB on James White and double Edelman, that's way too easy.

Any OL will get run over when it's that easy.
If 4 men are rushing and 6 db's are on the field, how do they flood the middle with LB's?

I think even more than red zone it’s when they hit about the +35. They seem to stall in that area of the field a lot and never used to.
I’m rarely one to blame play calling because execution is much more important but I don’t think josh has a good handle on what he is putting out there and how to make the must of what they do well and civet their weaknesses.
I would not be at all surprised to find that bb is going to become more involved in the offensive game planning.

I honestly expected this last week after the Houston embarrassment. I am guessing he did it last year, which turned the offense around at the end.

Once McDoofus got away from the run at the first sign of KC having a lead, it seemed to go back to the old/bad way to try to run the offense.

If 4 men are rushing and 6 db's are on the field, how do they flood the middle with LB's?

You must be reading wrong.

I am talking about the options of what a team could do. A base package, with 2 LBs and 3 CBs, etc, where they're covering White with the nickelback, that leaves one LB (in base) on one of our RBs in a 2 back set. Like, last year when SD used a light package with more DBs, but I knew it wouldn't have an effect because they play almost all zone. I knew they would get demolished.

The bottom line is, McDaniels is not using packages play into what SHOULD Be a strength (the RBs use both with running and passing to each RB), where the offense can dictate.

It's an offensive league, where the rules all but beg offenses to move the ball.

Part of my first post made in response to you:

My condolences on your not knowing what a backpedal is. Enjoy your weekend.

No problem. You're a Brady Homer/Fanboy. Our fanbase has a lot of folks like that.

I don’t think josh has a good handle on what he is putting out there and how to make the must of what they do well and civet their weaknesses.

I think you've stumbled into the root problem. Are there any FA weasels or mongooses out there?

Yes at points the offense was criticized but I don't remember the offensive line being criticized. Last years O-line was one of the best we have had.

Ok, but that was really only a thing later in t he year. Trent Brown had a gazillion holding calls go against him at one point.

You don't think it's weird that Thuney, Mason and Cannon are all still here and they all of a sudden became horrible at once?

Matt Light ain't walking thru that door.

I honestly expected this last week after the Houston embarrassment. I am guessing he did it last year, which turned the offense around at the end.

Once McDoofus got away from the run at the first sign of KC having a lead, it seemed to go back to the old/bad way to try to run the offense.
It’s not really a matter of whether they are running or passing as much as the design of scheme the usage of personell the game plan and how he uses the players.

Ok, but that was really only a thing later in t he year. Trent Brown had a gazillion holding calls go against him at one point.

You don't think it's weird that Thuney, Mason and Cannon are all still here and they all of a sudden became horrible at once?

Word of advice. When you start posting crap like Thuneys horrible its gonna make everyone think you have no clue what your talking about.

Word of advice. When you start posting crap like Thuneys horrible its gonna make everyone think you have no clue what your talking about.

I think he's fantastic, actually. It's the people that claim Scarnecchia is senile, shouldn't have signed off on Wynn, made BB resign Mason and give him that money, and keep Cannon, are the ones who need to re-think their analysis.

These guys didn't forget how to play well overnight, and I am sorry, but Andrews is very good, but the drop off from him to Karras is not enough to send this line into some downward spiral.

It's the playcalling, it's Brady being snobby to who he throws to again, and every Def Coordinator in the league having a picnic easily their D what to do when playing this offense.

THAT is why, IMO, they only appear to be a "bad O Line" out of the woodwork.

It’s not really a matter of whether they are running or passing as much as the design of scheme the usage of personell the game plan and how he uses the players.

Exactly. Thank you. Finally, someone who gets my point.

IMO, the attitude, confidence, etc, comes a lot from the person calling the plays and the guy under Center who gets to help gameplan and choose who he is incorporating. The fact some fans think Brady is not responsible for this, is absolutely banaland thinking.

I'd like to see drives, on some drives, where you're literally going 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RBs.

Only bring in Dorsett for the slot on 3rd and longs on these kinds of drives.

No problem. You're a Brady Homer/Fanboy. Our fanbase has a lot of folks like that.

Historically being a Brady/Belichick/Pats fanboy has been the smartest position to take the past 2 decades.

Exactly. Thank you. Finally, someone who gets my point.

IMO, the attitude, confidence, etc, comes a lot from the person calling the plays and the guy under Center who gets to help gameplan and choose who he is incorporating. The fact some fans think Brady is not responsible for this, is absolutely banaland thinking.

I'd like to see drives, on some drives, where you're literally going 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RBs.

Only bring in Dorsett for the slot on 3rd and longs on these kinds of drives.
How can you blame Brady? He doesn’t make the game plan it calls the plays and he has no time to throw and/or no one open. If you give Brady time and open receivers he will torch any defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back