PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offense sees 'light at the end of the tunnel'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go look at film of Brady's urgency in the pocket from, say, SB 51 to now. He's not as fleet footed in the pocket as he once was. He would immediately zip straight ahead into the pocket and fire. Now? He drops back 7 yards and expects to have 4 seconds+ on every snap with no run game even attempted to be established. That;s unacceptable for a 42 year old QB, IMO.

They say it's the feet that go first, not the arm.

Part of it is in his head, but he's slowed a bit in the performance area. I am not saying he's done, but he's not in his prime, but with this D, he does not need to be.

He's got free rushers coming at him at the snap on almost every play.

You can say they need to run more and everyone here would agree with that but Sony Michel cannot run behind this line. Blame whoever you want for that. Running scheme, line, RB, whatever. It's way above my pay grade but I think absolutely whoever runs the offence needs to find a way to force the defense into zone or convert more on 2nd down. That said guys are having a hard time winning their matchups but it just seems that on key plays, they fail. Dropped pass, bad pass, OLine doesn't hold up, whatever. Things would look alot better if they could win more on 3rd down but I guess that's a cycle. They've been in alot of 3rd and 7s because they can't run on 1st/2nd down. Why not take a few shots with #15 too, more than 1. Has to be a way to max protect and throw it to their 30. If it's picked its a punt big deal.

Hopefully it's not a train they see coming towards them...

They desperately need to find out how Sanu fits in this offense. They went out and got him and paid a pretty steep price so they need to make it work.

To say that Trent Brown and Wynn are a wash talent-wise is bordering on delusional.

You can say they need to run more and everyone here would agree with that but Sony Michel cannot run behind this line. Blame whoever you want for that. Running scheme, line, RB, whatever. It's way above my pay grade but I think absolutely whoever runs the offence needs to find a way to force the defense into zone or convert more on 2nd down. That said guys are having a hard time winning their matchups but it just seems that on key plays, they fail. Dropped pass, bad pass, OLine doesn't hold up, whatever. Things would look alot better if they could win more on 3rd down but I guess that's a cycle. They've been in alot of 3rd and 7s because they can't run on 1st/2nd down. Why not take a few shots with #15 too, more than 1. Has to be a way to max protect and throw it to their 30. If it's picked its a punt big deal.

Do you believe an O Line and a QB can be helped by playcalling quality?

Also, do you believe execution can be EASIER if the playcalling is good?

In other words, do you believe approach in running the offense and the playcalling affects the quality of the offense? Or, do you just think playcalling is just random and that's it?

Go look at film of Brady's urgency in the pocket from, say, SB 51 to now. He's not as fleet footed in the pocket as he once was. He would immediately zip straight ahead into the pocket and fire. Now? He drops back 7 yards and expects to have 4 seconds+ on every snap with no run game even attempted to be established. That;s unacceptable for a 42 year old QB, IMO.

They say it's the feet that go first, not the arm.

Part of it is in his head, but he's slowed a bit in the performance area. I am not saying he's done, but he's not in his prime, but with this D, he does not need to be.

Maybe you are right. But until I see what you are talking about in a pocket that is not under heavy pressure ever second snap I personally will not believe it.

There are enough plays when the protection holds up that make me feel like he is not performing much differently than in recent years. Except that he is running for his life on at least one snap per 3 down series.

Last edited:
To say that Trent Brown and Wynn are a wash talent-wise is bordering on delusional.

Trent Brown was a 7th rd pick.

Dante Sacrnecchia should be going to the HOF the millisecond he retires. I take his word over yours, sorry.

Also, Wynn has played like what, 5 games? How many annoying holds did Trent Brown have last year?

So, yes, based on talent level alone it's beyond safe to say 32 NFL teams had Wynn as a 1st rd pick. Trent Brown? Not so much.

They are not a wash but way closer than your tone makes it out to be. Wynn will end up a better player than Brown. Blatantly.

Put Brown into the current OL situation and he will not look substantially better.

They desperately need to find out how Sanu fits in this offense. They went out and got him and paid a pretty steep price so they need to make it work.

Brady asked for Sanu. They also tried to draft him in 2012 and they tried to trade for him back in the spring.

"I've watched his career all along." - Tom Brady

How does an inferior QB in Matt Ryan like to use Sanu and Brady can't?

Isn't it sort of strange how all these good WRs elsewhere come here and somehow Brady doesn't like them?

It's not really odd, it's annoying little habit he has acting like he's splitting the atom when it's really just football.

Not every single play needs to be some complex thing. Moss came here and ran like 5 total routes from the Z.

Trent Brown was a 7th rd pick.

Dante Sacrnecchia should be going to the HOF the millisecond he retires. I take his word over yours, sorry.

Also, Wynn has played like what, 5 games? How many annoying holds did Trent Brown have last year?

So, yes, based on talent level alone it's beyond safe to say 32 NFL teams had Wynn as a 1st rd pick. Trent Brown? Not so much.
So we are saying Wynn is better than Brown because Wynn is a first round pick?

Maybe you are right. But until I see what you are talking about in a pocket that is not under heavy pressure ever second snap I personally will not believe it.

There are enough plays when the protection holds up that makes me feel like he is not performing much differently than in recent years. Except that he is running for his life on at least one snap per 3 down series.

Right, but do you think a defense looks at our RBs and say "we need to be careful of their run game and the RBs out of the backfield"...?

I mean, even the great James White has been under-used this year. He's the best scatback in the conference for chrisskaes.

Do you believe an O Line and a QB can be helped by playcalling quality?

Also, do you believe execution can be EASIER if the playcalling is good?

In other words, do you believe approach in running the offense and the playcalling affects the quality of the offense? Or, do you just think playcalling is just random and that's it?

I agree with what you are saying with the playcalling but I can't back it up it's above my head. I just watch and it doesn't feel players are in a position to succeed. I don't agree with you saying the same lineman minus LT are back so it can't be on them. The same people are back but they aren't the same linemen as last year. Yes I'm sure playcalls are a part of it but we've seen guys get run over so many times now.

So we are saying Wynn is better than Brown because Wynn is a first round pick?

Correct. And Dante Scarnecchia is the greatest OL coach in NFL history and isn't senile like you are implying as a way to remove any accountability from Brady and McDaniels atrocious handling of the personnel all year.

Right, but do you think a defense looks at our RBs and say "we need to be careful of their run game and the RBs out of the backfield"...?

I mean, even the great James White has been under-used this year. He's the best scatback in the conference for chrisskaes.

Not sure how this relates to Brady.

Brady asked for Sanu. They also tried to draft him in 2012 and they tried to trade for him back in the spring.

"I've watched his career all along." - Tom Brady

How does an inferior QB in Matt Ryan like to use Sanu and Brady can't?

Isn't it sort of strange how all these good WRs elsewhere come here and somehow Brady doesn't like them?

It's not really odd, it's annoying little habit he has acting like he's splitting the atom when it's really just football.

Not every single play needs to be some complex thing. Moss came here and ran like 5 total routes from the Z.
When did Brady ask for Sanu?

The Patriots run a complex offensive system for receivers and Brady needs them to be exact and precise. Some seem to get it and some don't. I would think the team thought Sanu's skills would translate well so I am hoping that he can get it going an we didn't waste a second round pick.

I agree with what you are saying with the playcalling but I can't back it up it's above my head. I just watch and it doesn't feel players are in a position to succeed. I don't agree with you saying the same lineman minus LT are back so it can't be on them. The same people are back but they aren't the same linemen as last year. Yes I'm sure playcalls are a part of it but we've seen guys get run over so many times now.

Ok, so if you are a D and are told to focus only on the pass as a man coverage unit, rush 4 flood the middle with LBs, and stick a nickel or dime CB on James White and double Edelman, that's way too easy.

Any OL will get run over when it's that easy.

Correct. And Dante Scarnecchia is the greatest OL coach in NFL history and isn't senile like you are implying as a way to remove any accountability from Brady and McDaniels atrocious handling of the personnel all year.
That is asinine. So by your logic David Carr went first overall so he is a better QB than Brady.

Wynn has been okay to good so far in his injury plagued career. Brown played at a Pro Bowl level last year and has played well at RT for the Raiders this year. His issue has been motivation not talent. It is ridiculous say that Wynn right now is better than Brown right now.

Not sure how this relates to Brady.

He makes the gameplans with McD, tells BB which WRs he likes and doesn't like, has full autonomy at the line and gets multiple play calls into his headset. It's his offense just like Manning ran his.

I see Chris Stevenson is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back