PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offense sees 'light at the end of the tunnel'

Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes the gameplans with McD, tells BB which WRs he likes and doesn't like, has full autonomy at the line and gets multiple play calls into his headset. It's his offense just like Manning ran his.
I think you're making quite a few leaps in this thread.

That is asinine. So by your logic David Carr went first overall so he is a better QB than Brady.

Wynn has been okay to good so far in his injury plagued career. Brown played at a Pro Bowl level last year and has played well at RT for the Raiders this year. His issue has been motivation not talent. It is ridiculous say that Wynn right now is better than Brown right now.

No. I am not apologizing for horrendous scouting by other franchises. I am saying 32 NFL teams had a 1st rd grade on Wynn.

32 teams had a late rd grade on Trent Brown. It's perfectly factual and reality based.

People like you want to crown a player to be qualified here in NE based on the idea if they earned a SB ring or not.

When did Brady ask for Sanu?

The Patriots run a complex offensive system for receivers and Brady needs them to be exact and precise. Some seem to get it and some don't. I would think the team thought Sanu's skills would translate well so I am hoping that he can get it going an we didn't waste a second round pick.

Back in the spring around draft time. BB couldn't get the deal done. This is like saying Al Michaels lied when BB asked if Brady would like Antonio Brown on the team.

Ok, so if you are a D and are told to focus only on the pass as a man coverage unit, rush 4 flood the middle with LBs, and stick a nickel or dime CB on James White and double Edelman, that's way too easy.

Any OL will get run over when it's that easy.

Yes it's disappointing that this has been going on for a month now. With all that said with a bit better execution in situational plays it wouldn't look as bad. It's been alot of things.

He makes the gameplans with McD, tells BB which WRs he likes and doesn't like, has full autonomy at the line and gets multiple play calls into his headset. It's his offense just like Manning ran his.

I mean they are doubling and putting CBs on White now. If that doesn't scream "taking our RB out of backfield" serious I am not sure what will.

Either way, I still don't fully get your point relative to what I said initially.

Last edited:
To say that Trent Brown and Wynn are a wash talent-wise is bordering on delusional.
Wynn so far doesn't measure up, but with respect to running the ball at least I would put that dropoff far behind
-the loss of Gronk
-the loss of Develin
-the loss of Andrews
-the decline / spotty play / injury? of Mason
-the loss of Allen

No. I am not apologizing for horrendous scouting by other franchises. I am saying 32 NFL teams had a 1st rd grade on Wynn.

32 teams had a late rd grade on Trent Brown. It's perfectly factual and reality based.

People like you want to crown a player to be qualified here in NE based on the idea if they earned a SB ring or not.
I have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

I mean they doubling and putting CBs on White now. If that doesn't scream "taking our RB out of backfield" serious I am not sure what will.

Either way, I still don't fully get your point relative to what I said initially.

So, Brady likes to throw. Like, really, really likes to throw to the tune of losing SBs over it. See SB 42 and 46 as examples of teams where he didn't think he needed a FB or a run game, even though that's how they actually got to SB 42 with Laura Maroney's 22 carries, most of it in the 4th qtr.

Anyway, my point is run the ball more and continuously throughout the game AND use 2 back sets, removing the slot WR out of the equation.

Every single time the team actually deployed a FB in some fashion, NE had a better, balanced offense.

This D is capable of looking better than it has, the last 2 weeks, as well. Just make 2 little tweaks on offense, with better playcalling, and the "execution" will magically appear.

I have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

You tried to say I said because someone is drafted in a certain rd that makes them better than someone else.

No one had ANY idea who Trent Brown was prior to last year. To insinuate Wynn, at Georgia, a widely known 1st rd pick prospect is somehow worse than a slightly above average TAckle with attitude issues, laziness issues, etc, that Scarnecchia harnessed for 1 year in here, is laughable.

Any scout in American would tell you Wynn is more talented than Trent Brown.

Wynn so far doesn't measure up, but with respect to running the ball at least I would put that dropoff far behind
-the loss of Gronk
-the loss of Develin
-the loss of Andrews
-the decline / spotty play / injury? of Mason
-the loss of Allen

Did you notice Romo in the game last weekend saying "they've finally figured it out with Edelman on the outside and runs off the edges"?

They can do it. They just haven't tried much. That's the point. This happened last year, too, all the way through, until the end of the year and the postseason.

Brady's had issues realizing throwing a lot and throwing more, even in a close game when trailing, isn't necessarily the answer. McDoofus gets all panicky and then it's all over. You can just see it.

You tried to say I said because someone is drafted in a certain rd that makes them better than someone else.

No one had ANY idea who Trent Brown was prior to last year. To insinuate Wynn, at Georgia, a widely known 1st rd pick prospect is somehow worse than a slightly above average TAckle with attitude issues, laziness issues, etc, that Scarnecchia harnessed for 1 year in here, is laughable.

Any scout in American would tell you Wynn is more talented than Trent Brown.

One of them has proved they can play at a Pro Bowl level in the NFL. The other one has played at an okay to good level in the NFL while also not being very durable. All the pedigree and potential in the world don't mean anything until you prove it on the field.

Anyway, my point is run the ball more and continuously throughout the game AND use 2 back sets, removing the slot WR out of the equation.

I dont see how that is feasible. The Pats offense is based around working the MoF.

They just acquired Sanu for a second to work exactly that area.

I think people are overthinking this. Go to the tape, look at some play and then not only imagine protection holding up a second longer but that Brady trusts them to actually hold up that long. I can guarantee you more often than not you will see opportunities to move the ball if he had that second more/trust to wait a beat longer.

This is not really a schematic issue but mostly about execution if you ask me.

Yes it's disappointing that this has been going on for a month now. With all that said with a bit better execution in situational plays it wouldn't look as bad. It's been alot of things.

I agree. It seems like when WRs do get "separation" for example, they end up dropping one, including Edelman.

I just think a hard focus on the run game helps all of this. Thuney, Mason, Cannon, etc, didn't decide to suck overnight with Scarnecchia.

Also, Wynn is known as a road-grader. That's his thing.

If the team sees the light then who am I to question it. Let’s see if we can duplicate last year.

One of them has proved they can play at a Pro Bowl level in the NFL. The other one has played at an okay to good level in the NFL while also not being very durable. All the pedigree and potential in the world don't mean anything until you prove it on the field.

Correct, except you're ignoring how our offense was criticized last year WITH Brown on it.

Remember?

I dont see how that is feasible. The Pats offense is based around working the MoF.

They just acquired Sanu for a second to work exactly that area.

I think people are overthinking this. Go to the tape, look at some play and then not only imagine protection holding up a second longer but that Brady trusts them to actually hold up that long. I can guarantee you more often than not you will see opportunities to move the ball if he had that second more/trust to wait a beat longer.

This is not really a schematic issue but mostly about execution if you ask me.

I think it's both. I think it's easier to execute with good playcalling. How predictable is this offense right now with his stupid Jet Sweeps to Edelman and lazy gadget plays out of desperation?

How is using 2 RBs (like he did ONCE last week) not "feasible""? What do you mean by "feasible"?

I agree. It seems like when WRs do get "separation" for example, they end up dropping one, including Edelman.

I just think a hard focus on the run game helps all of this. Thuney, Mason, Cannon, etc, didn't decide to suck overnight with Scarnecchia.

Also, Wynn is known as a road-grader. That's his thing.

I think they would run it all game if they could as they did parts of last year. They stuck with Michel way too long and alot of the drives in this 6 game stretch started with him getting stuffed time after time for 3rd and longs. I keep hearing from these PFF people and colinsworth on TV that playaction has nothing to do with successful running but it's hard to believe that watching this team. I think they themselves would love to run the hell out of it and playaction off of it. Josh needs to def get to work and figure a way to get them out of this defense and if not him, then we need to take more risk and make plays to make them switch.

To say that Trent Brown and Wynn are a wash talent-wise is bordering on delusional.

I like Wynn but can’t argue that even when healthy he’s as good as Brown. And then you add our missing TEs Gronk and Allen, plus a backup center and a regression at the right side and this is the result.

I think they would run it all game if they could as proven parts of last year. They stuck with Michel way too long and alot of the drives in this 6 game stretch started with him getting stuffed time after time for 3rd and longs. I keep hearing from these PFF people and colinsworth on TV that playaction has nothing to do with successful running but it's hard to believe that watching this team. I think they themselves would love to run the hell out of it and playaction off of it. Josh needs to def get to work and figure a way to get them out of this defense and if not him, then we need to take more risk and make plays to make them switch.

The last person I'd listen to is Chris Collinsneck. My god, is he annoying.

Of course playaction has to do with running the ball to sell the run for it to work, otherwise, you're just motioning to motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back