PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Gunner clears waivers and comes back to the Practice Squad, I'll be very happy.

If he is picked up on waivers by a decent team, I'll be happy for him.

If he is claimed by the J-E-T-E he is dead to me.

Bill didn't cut Hoyer with the intention of bringing him back after week 1. He wouldn't expose his backup QB to being claimed or signed.

He'll be a Colt or a Bronco this time tomorrow

He doesn't have to wait until after week 1. He could bring him back tomorrow after 1 PM. Which is when teams can start putting people on the In-Season IR.

When does the waiver period end?

When does the waiver period end?

Sunday at 12:00 , September 1st. As of 1pm, teams can start signing players to their practice squad and put players onto the In-season IR.

Bill didn't cut Hoyer with the intention of bringing him back after week 1. He wouldn't expose his backup QB to being claimed or signed.

He'll be a Colt or a Bronco this time tomorrow

There are a number of teams desperate for a proven backup. There will be a bidding war and Hoyer will probably wind up making out well financially.

If Gunner clears waivers and comes back to the Practice Squad, I'll be very happy.

If he is picked up on waivers by a decent team, I'll be happy for him.

If he is claimed by the J-E-T-E he is dead to me.
He will be on the ps

There are a number of teams desperate for a proven backup. There will be a bidding war and Hoyer will probably wind up making out well financially.
How much do you expect that Hoyer would get on the open market?

If there's going to be a bidding war for him, I'm surprised no one offered a conditional 7th to trade for him instead.

You must not have grown up in the 1980s - these guys all thrived on UHF TV, as did I Love Lucy, The Munsters, The Monkees, the Beverly Hillbillies and Mama's Family. The movie UHF was a pretty accurate depiction and send up of the TV landscape at the time.

Born in 68, remember watching those shows in the 1970s too... didn't watch much Brady Bunch in my teenage years.

Please tell me we get our pick back now.
I believe we should get the pick back (assuming the condition on the pick was him making the team)

Have to agree with the above, seems like Pats could have got at least a 7th? Could this be Belichick doing a veteran a favour, releasing him so teams could compete for him, and he could make more dough?

Yes, Belichick has done this before.

Have to agree with the above, seems like Pats could have got at least a 7th? Could this be Belichick doing a veteran a favour, releasing him so teams could compete for him, and he could make more dough?

Unfortunately, I believe some team will quickly scoop up Calvin Munson. No PS for him. He showed way too much in the pre-season.
Personally I wasn't impressed by Munson. He made a couple of splash plays but not impressed with his play overall. I was surprised when people were hyping his play during the preseason.

Are we sure Hoyer isn’t better than Flacco?

His release was announced by Twitter a few minutes ago. Where would reporting abiy hus return come from? Why would anyone want to make that public?

So if Hoyer is brought back in a couple of days or after week 1, do you apply your thinking to the opposite of that?
Is bb a genius for cutting him and then also a genius for not really cutting him?

I trust bb to make the right decision. I also know that temporarily cutting a qb3 who won’t want to leave if it’s temporary, in order to give himself roster flexibility is something he will do.
Otherwise who did he cut temporarily in order to:
Place anyone on Ir that he wants to be able to return (since you have to make the 53)
Keep extra OL since he is keeping 3 new guys he just traded for that haven’t practiced yet.

My thought is if Hoyer’s release was a short term thing you’d want the rumors of his return out there almost simultaneously to reports of his release. They could come from the same sources. Why not make it public? It tells other teams to not bother. You’re not doing anything wrong.

I’ve posted several times about using short term releases to allow the Patriots to wait on putting some players on IR tomorrow so you might be able to activate them later this season. It’s an old tactic from the 70s or 80s when all IR’d players could return if the team cutdown to the roster limit before the player was put on IR. So, you don’t have to tell me how this works. A player, however, would be unlikely go along with it if it meant being off the roster for game one as you’re proposing because getting their full salary guaranteed is that important.

Personally I wasn't impressed by Munson. He made a couple of splash plays but not impressed with his play overall. I was surprised when people were hyping his play during the preseason.
He's a backup. A jag who is more heady than athletic. He is better now than when he was with the Giants. That's good coaching and a coachable player. You need guys like that around in case of a rash of injuries and for practice.

Called the Hoyer cut....Stidham will do great job as backup and have good opp for QB of future....
Did you write this while staring at the poster of a naked Jarrett with the roll of toilet paper and hand lotion on your nightstand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST