PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

Shytstaindell will do what he al;ways does...completely **** up a constipated duck and claim he's making foie gras...I hate this azzole so much my veins bulge out just thinking about that so punchable face

This post is too reserved.

There really are more articles written about Jones than about Ruggs. If Belichick wins another one, the world is coming off its axis.
"We're so tired of the Patriots!!!"
- Brady leaves
"Thank god!!! The Patriots are OVER"
- Brady wins a Super Bowl in his first year in Tampa
"UGH... so SICK of that guy... but at least he'll be done in a couple years... at least it's not the PATRIOTS!"
- Patriots go on a playoff run the next year with a rookie who was the (apparently) fifth-best QB in the draft class
"I DON'T CARE, I CAN'T STAND IT!"
- Patriots win a Super Bowl in next couple years
(Not sure what happens after that but there's a good chance it involves a Senate hearing again)

Funny how there is such a hue and cry from so many people as soon as the Patriots start winning ! Nobody cared about them last year or the beginning of this year. Even posters on this board who really hate that the Pats are winning can't wait to take their pot shots . However if it was Brady that was in the middle of a controversy, they would be jumping all over the place , defending him ! It's a shame that so many posters need to put the Patriots and Mac down so much to keep justifying their anger at Bill and the Patriots .

This whole things reminds of a scene from “Remember the Titans” where “Sunshine” broke DL‘s leg.

Burns want QB’s and RBs to fear them. They are crying because someone did not fear after taking a big hit.

Funny how there is such a hue and cry from so many people as soon as the Patriots start winning ! Nobody cared about them last year or the beginning of this year. Even posters on this board who really hate that the Pats are winning can't wait to take their pot shots . However if it was Brady that was in the middle of a controversy, they would be jumping all over the place , defending him ! It's a shame that so many posters need to put the Patriots and Mac down so much to keep justifying their anger at Bill and the Patriots .
Mac is our QB now, not Brady. If you can’t handle that, the Bucs fan club is accepting new members.

Mac is our QB now, not Brady. If you can’t handle that, the Bucs fan club is accepting new members.
I am not a Brady fan any more, where you got that from my comment is beyond me. I am a true Patriot fan and always have been, before Brady and after that. Please read my comment first before you post !

I am not a Brady fan any more, where you got that from my comment is beyond me. I am a true Patriot fan and always have been, before Brady and after that. Please read my comment first before you post !
I was not criticizing you. I was criticizing those that can’t let Brady go. Sorry for misunderstanding. You was collective, not personal

Once again Joker, your musings are so obscure, you'll have to tell us how you really feel. :cool:
Please accept my apology, Deb....I forget sometimes we have women and clergy members reading here and let my anger with the existence of a defective dipshyt like the Goon get the better of me. I'll try to be less strident in the future but I just hope you and everyone else remembers that I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET OR FORGIVE what this absolute classless little rich boy punk did to MY FAMILY'S enjoyment and lives.

If this was any other franchise, it wouldn't have even registered.
But because it the Pats, there are so many in the media with an axe to grind, no matter how little meat there is on the bone. It's f'ing riduclous.

Has there been such a hissy fit about nothing more than a hold before? Its just holding??

Has there been such a hissy fit about nothing more than a hold before? Its just holding??
No it isn't, Ollie...it's a 1st degree felony Anygate/AnkleDeflator crime against humanity that will be pursued for the next 2 years by that crack (head) team of ace NFL paralegals and brought before the best federal court money can buy, the Southern District Federal Court of New York.

Hey, Panthers! In the words of Mike Ditka, "If God wanted us to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
portugal-portugal-be-like.gif

If you like this post, the next one is even better.

Last edited:
This ain't the first time for Brian Burns. Last December he came up limping after tackling Green Bay's Mr. Hygiene and went for an MRI.

I mean if you don't even believe the video, I guess we're done. I doubt anyone else outside of Patsfans will view it the same way. He'll get fined as he should.
The issue is assigning intent from just video.

The video does not show physics either. From which player is the secondary reaction initiated i.e. once the ankle is grabbed (Jones) is there a physical reaction from Burns? What is the force of that reaction? When someone grabs your ankle what is the normal automatic response (not thinking - reactionary)? Usually it's to reflexively pull away from the grab (with the usually strongest muscles in the body - the quads and glutes). What is the usual automatic reaction to that reaction? Either grab harder or let go. All of those quick twitch reactions in microseconds of time.

All that being said, we have no idea if Jones was or wasn't trying to "tackle" Burns versus trying to hurt him intentionally. Yes, he probably will get fined with that fine, like Judon's, probably reduced later in the season for that very reason - there's no way to prove Jones intentions.

Removing the mostly circumstantial evidence of the video - the only thing it definitively proves because we don't know intent is that like most QBs - Mac is a sucky fundamental tackler.

As I said in the post game thread, the Panthers' Frankie Luvu's nasty, illegal hit took out Gunner Olszewski, the NFL's leading punt returner, and here we are talking about a player's poor tackling attempt where he didn't even injure the guy enough to take him out of the game?

The NFL is so screwed up right now.

Frankie Luvu is the one who should be facing fines and/or suspension well before Mac Jones.

But this is the NFL, run by an idiot, so we lknow how it'll probably play out.

The next day...
MNF, Steeler T.J. Watt demonstrates
the proper, accepted, leg twist tackle
that makes a Steeler
Candidate for DPOY!

1636464481597.png

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes