PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

I'm absolutely fine with what Jones did. Fraction of a second decision, grab a guy's ankle either because he has the ball or might get it.

There isn't a play in the NFL where something worse happens on the LOS. Literally every play, someone is doing something that creates more likelihood of damage to a player.

Plus, he's my QB. Where's the tribal loyalty around here? I can't take a breathe anymore without running into stupid tribal loyalty somewhere. And then it disappears on my football team forum? THIS IS WHERE IT BELONGS. C'mon gang.

Those things happen so quickly. If they were to replay every little incident on the football field in slow motion everybody would get fine.

I'm absolutely fine with what Jones did. Fraction of a second decision, grab a guy's ankle either because he has the ball or might get it.

There isn't a play in the NFL where something worse happens on the LOS. Literally every play, someone is doing something that creates more likelihood of damage to a player.

Plus, he's my QB. Where's the tribal loyalty around here? I can't take a breathe anymore without running into stupid tribal loyalty somewhere. And then it disappears on my football team forum? THIS IS WHERE IT BELONGS. C'mon gang.
Tribalism is what ails this world. Words like ”loyalty” just put a positive spin on it. I get what you are saying about sports being an escape and all, but injuries have real world repercussions too.

The problem is real in football today.
As in the TJ Watt sack above

Defenders dive at the legs, grab foot/leg and roll.
It is a practiced, planned technique.
I believe Pats 'tackling issues' we observe
in part derive from BB coaching the men
to wrap em up, play by the rules.

No flying at knees, helmet shots to side of the head, etc.
No flying leg twist sacks.

Been that way for some time. Through the entire league enabled Seattle 'Legion of Boom".

'Remove him from the game" is not part of the culture.

It is still very much a part of the culture
AFCN, NFCS
Seattle

So now Mac will get a cheap shot
and it will be OK? That's what I am hearing. They always got to do something so I can't enjoy this game.

my mind started going here as well, why the hell are Bills players chiming in after getting stomped by the Jags? With the amount of attention this is getting, some players could take it as open season on Mac

my mind started going here as well, why the hell are Bills players chiming in after getting stomped by the Jags? With the amount of attention this is getting, some players could take it as open season on Mac
Anyone who tries something stupid like that will quickly regret even thinking about it.

Anyone who tries something stupid like that will quickly regret even thinking about it.
Some one did the week before.....'i didn't hear the whistle" i am worried that mac will have a target on his back for a few weeks though. Now that i think of it after the cheap shot against mac in the LA game i didn't hear or read that much of an uproar, Dirty Mac Jones was on the front page of yahoo yesterday morning, i didn't see anything like that when mac got steam rolled after the whistle had blown the week before. Not much was said about how that was an intentional dirty play.

Last edited:
Some one did the week before.....'i didn't hear the whistle" i am worried that mac will have a target on his back for a few weeks though. Now that i think of it after the cheap shot against mac in the LA game i didn't hear or read that much of an uproar, Dirty Mac Jones was on the front page of yahoo yesterday morning, i didn't see anything like that when mac got steam rolled after the whistle had blown the week before. Not much was said about how that was an intentional dirty play.

Yeah I was amazed that wasn't even a penalty. We also saw how the team reacted.

Anyone who is dumb enough to use this as an excuse to take some kind of cheap shot at our QB to put him out of commission will feel pain from the league and even more pain from Mac's teammates.

It's not worth it for any player to put their football career at risk to score some kind of points with those hee hawing in the media. And let's be real people are over the top about it because it's the Patriots. I think this whole thing shows that maybe the Pats without Brady really aren't as irrelevant as the Patriot haters would like to think.

Yeah I was amazed that wasn't even a penalty.

Anyone who is dumb enough to take some kind of cheap shot at our QB to put him out of commission will feel pain from the league and even more pain from Mac's teammates.

It's not worth it for any player to put their football career at risk to score some kind of points with those hee hawing in the media. I think this whole thing shows that maybe the Pats without Brady really aren't as irrelevant as the Patriot haters would like to think.
Pats have not been to the playoffs without Brady in any year, so I would say that is probably pretty rellevant. For 20 years the pats were contenders, always the team that could win in any given year...that has not been the case since he left, but Tampa certainly is now.

Pats have not been to the playoffs without Brady in any year, so I would say that is probably pretty rellevant. For 20 years the pats were contenders, always the team that could win in any given year...that has not been the case since he left, but Tampa certainly is now.

I mean that if this was another team, nobody would care. It's the Patriots so people are hyperventilating. So obviously we're still in a lot of people's heads. Maybe rightfully so.

I mean that if this was another team, nobody would care. It's the Patriots so people are hyperventilating. So obviously we're still in a lot of people's heads. Maybe rightfully so.
I am not sure they care as much as they used to. If Brady did it, he would be suspended.

Something I just can't wrap my mind around.

Everyone has been saying that Mac was out of shape, that he is weak and that he has a weak arm. So what happened? Did Mac suddenly turn into the Hunk when he got hit??

Mac gets hit to ground and looses the football, he grabs the leg of the guy that hits him because Mac thinks he has the ball, and the defender proceeds to drag Mac down the field as Mac holds on to the guys ankle.

As it turns out this guy is 6'5" and weighs 250lbs. linebacker! Someone with half a brain explain to me how in the heck this is a dirty play???

Something I just can't wrap my mind around.

Everyone has been saying that Mac was out of shape, that he is weak and that he has a weak arm. So what happened? Did Mac suddenly turn into the Hunk when he got hit??

Mac gets hit to ground and looses the football, he grabs the leg of the guy that hits him because Mac thinks he has the ball, and the defender proceeds to drag Mac down the field as Mac holds on to the guys ankle.

As it turns out this guy is 6'5" and weighs 250lbs. linebacker! Someone with half a brain explain to me how in the heck this is a dirty play???
It's because he used his legs to trip up the player. That, along with the fact that he was holding onto the other leg, makes it a dangerous play imo. I don't think it was "dirty" because i don't think he intended to hurt Burns, but i see why a lot of people are upset.

It's because he used his legs to trip up the player. That, along with the fact that he was holding onto the other leg, makes it a dangerous play imo. I don't think it was "dirty" because i don't think he intended to hurt Burns, but i see why a lot of people are upset.
Went back and looked at the video.
I hadn't noticed the use of his leg to trip him up.
Thanks

Wow. Mac Jones is actually a UFC grappler. Good grief. This is very reminiscent of the type of whining we hear down here from barn (Auburn) fans.

Any trip is dangerous that's why there's a penalty for it in the rulebook. The refs not throwing a flag there is on them not Mac.

I don’t think he was trying to trip him. He just got clobbered by a 250lb LB, he was trying to get back on feet and moving his legs around.

He was holding onto his leg because he thought he had the ball! He was trying to tackle him or at least slow him down until other teammates could get there to make the tackle.

The crybaby missed 1 play and was right back on the field! He needs to put on his big boy pants and play tackle football or go play powder puff football!

Please accept my apology, Deb....I forget sometimes we have women and clergy members reading here and let my anger with the existence of a defective dipshyt like the Goon get the better of me. I'll try to be less strident in the future but I just hope you and everyone else remembers that I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET OR FORGIVE what this absolute classless little rich boy punk did to MY FAMILY'S enjoyment and lives.
No need to apologize - I feel the same way.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back