PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Apparently Mac's arm isn't so weak because he can spin a 250lb DE like a top by just his ankle...

Pretty darn sure he held his ankle but not sure how that could have caused him so much pain. Dirty? Not really. More weak and desperate.

That probably should have been flagged for holding or maybe tripping but I didn't see a deliberate attempt to injure there.

Looked more to me like a guy trying to escape the hold spun around and landed awkwardly on a bang bang play. And it says a lot that Burns didn't say anything about it after the game either, or at least I don't think he did.

Last edited:
That probably should have been flagged for holding but I didn't see a deliberate attempt to injure there.

Looked more to me like a guy trying to escape the hold spun around and landed awkwardly on a bang bang play. And it says a lot that Burns didn't say anything about it after the game either, or at least I don't think he did.
Eh. What if Burns did that to Mac? It was pretty bad. He did not have to twist it like that. He could have just held on and Burns would have gone down.

Here's another angle:

I still can't really tell from the angle of that who did the twisting.

Eh. What if Burns did that to Mac? It was pretty bad. He did not have to twist it like that. He could have just held on and Burns would have gone down.
It's not clear to me though that wasn't exactly what happened - Mac was just holding on and the "twist" came from Burns himself.

If Burns didn't say anything about it after the game that tells me he didn't think it was deliberate.

I'd guess the Panthers players would have also gotten in Mac's face if they thought it was deliberate and they didn't.

All the whining shows desperation and fear. They know the Patriots are better than their record suggests, and are grasping at straws trying to do anything that might distract them and bring them down a notch.

He didn't think he had the ball, that's not believable. That said, who cares? These players are whinners.
I’d find it very believable. Mac just got hit by a freight train, knows he lost the ball and the guy who hit him a good lick and knocked the ball out of Mac’s hand is trying to get up and run. He doesn’t know where the ball is but assuming the guy who took it out of his hand has it isn’t at all unreasonable.

I’d find it very believable. Mac just got hit by a freight train, knows he lost the ball and the guy who hit him a good lick and knocked the ball out of Mac’s hand is trying to get up and run. He doesn’t know where the ball is but assuming the guy who took it out of his hand has it isn’t at all unreasonable
Looking at the replay I don't find it reasonable and disagree with you. His head was facing the play as it unfolded. Sure it is possible that he thought he had the ball but I personally think he didn't. One thing in his favor is that he hasn't done anything like this before so that helps your your case.

The twisting motion was from Burns trying to break free, not from Mac Jones being some sort of catch wrestling expert
Bingo
Somehow Burns did a 360 on a 90 degree MacTwist.......... and forgot to stick the landing

Gymnastics Fail GIF

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back