PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

They dont, but in the video venecol posted, you can clearly see that he tripped Burns using his right leg. That is 100% a fine,
No not really. Tripping by rule is just a 10 yard penalty and an automatic first down if it was done by the defense.

He will probably be fined because there is a lot of noise around this but really any fine or penalty more than a flag should come with clear evidence that it was done to hurt someone - and in this case there isn't any.

good one!

I think there's nothing to see here, truthfully. Guys who see Mac as a bad guy are projecting. I agree with you that you could argue holding or even maybe a tripping call. I don't think there's a ref in the NFL that's going to call a QB for holding a DE who just wacked him.

No it's a 10yd penalty and in the Venacol post you don't see Burns hopping, twisting and pulling Mac.
Tripping is not a 15 yard personal foul penalty by rule but I think it could be.
For sure a dangerous thing to do to another player like other personal fouls.

This one is pretty clear and obvious. Poor sportsmanship. Doesn't look good.

I just got over crying over the gruden comments and now you go and show me this! Boo hoo hoo, oh the humanity!

Tripping is not a 15 yard personal foul penalty by rule but I think it could be.
For sure a dangerous thing to do to another player like other personal fouls.
I agree.

A fine is deserved nothing more. Pay it and move on.

Shytstaindell will do what he al;ways does...completely **** up a constipated duck and claim he's making foie gras...I hate this azzole so much my veins bulge out just thinking about that so punchable face

I mean people who think it’s dirty are basically saying they think our chubby rookie QB is capable of pulling an MMA move on a starting-caliber NFL defensive end… one who knocked both Stevenson AND Harris out of the game, concussing both… but yeah, Mac freaking Jones is gonna end him with a wrasslin’ move…

Can you not hold a player after a ball is on the ground like that?

I mean people who think it’s dirty are basically saying they think our chubby rookie QB is capable of pulling an MMA move on a starting-caliber NFL defensive end… one who knocked both Stevenson AND Harris out of the game, concussing both… but yeah, Mac freaking Jones is gonna end him with a wrasslin’ move…

That's what I'm sayin. You ask all these Pats haters (or Cam stans) and Mac be like this.

I don’t think he intentionally tried to hurt him. What a stupid ass, lame way to do it. If people thinks he did, who cares? Fine him, and let’s move on. If he did do it on purpose, I don’t care. Fine him and let’s move on. If another player did it to him would I be pissed? Hell yea. I’m a Patriots fan d%#*!@t.

It’s hard to see from that where he is purposefully trying to twist his ankle or tackle him. Mac doesn’t come across as someone who would try to injure a player like that.

That’s not me being a homer, just an honest take on it.

How. Will. We. Tell. The. Children ?!??!!

Shytstaindell will do what he al;ways does...completely **** up a constipated duck and claim he's making foie gras...I hate this azzole so much my veins bulge out just thinking about that so punchable face
Once again Joker, your musings are so obscure, you'll have to tell us how you really feel. :cool:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back