PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

I believe Jones is lying but his reflex is to prevent a defensive player from recovering the football which is not poor sportsmanship.

...and I do not believe for a second Mac tried to twist/break Burns' ankle.

I don't know if I believe him or not. It does make sense why he would grab him. But it is also could be a convenient excuse for his actions after the fact.

With him rolling around on the ground after getting completely leveled, who knows what he saw or what he was thinking. Maybe thought he had the ball. Maybe he just thought the best thing to do at that moment was to grab the closest Panther player and stop him from making a play. But I do agree with you, I do not think he had malicious intent when he grabbed Burns.

Dude, it's right there on the Orban tweet from NFL films. He absolutely grabbed, tripped, and twisted to take him down.
Sure if you look at just Mac. Look at the wider view. You see a 250 lb monster trying to pull a 212 lb man.

Do me a favor. Lie down on the ground and find someone 40 lbs more than you with a ton more muscle try to shake you off. What happens to your body?

I dont think it makes him look like a liar. I believe him that he thought Burns had the ball. But, I also believe he tried to trip him, given the video evidence, and should be fined.
Since when do players get fined for tackling with there hands?

What? He was writhing in pain. He went to the medical tent after.
oscars statuette GIF by The Academy Awards

I mean if you don't even believe the video, I guess we're done. I doubt anyone else outside of Patsfans will view it the same way. He'll get fined as he should.

I see. You've made up your mind and anyone on this board who disagrees with you or offers a different PoV is wrong and is a homer.

Mac's idol.

lpg2_g_laettner_195.jpeg

What's next, Mac biting ears? When will this savage's reign of terror end?

Didn't think a 2nd time about it live, just assumed he thought Burns had the ball and was hanging onto him.

If Mac has a bigger fine than AR over this I will lose my ****.

Oh, I see. So instead of discussing his team’s loss to the lowly Jags, this UDFA scrub mouths off about a QB in another game losing the ball and grabbing a guy’s leg.

The Pats be already in their heads.
Don't you realize the pitiful panthers would have won the game if not for dirty mac jones cheating by grabbing Burns ankle

Since when do players get fined for tackling with there hands?
They dont, but in the video venecol posted, you can clearly see that he tripped Burns using his right leg. That is 100% a fine, and I agree with it. I would be livid if a defensive player did that to Mac. Hopefully he never does it again.

Ok, so I downloaded the above video and slowed it down to 1/4 speed. (and it was already in slow mo so I don't know how slow it already was)

and from what I can see Mac grabs Burns' ankle and Burns tries to get away, this leads to Mac's body being dragged along the turf and Mac's right calf striking Burns in Burns' left ankle, causing Burns to lose his balance and fall, and Mac just holds on. I don't see any twisting motion from Mac's arms or hands until after Burns starts to fall down.

I don't know what the rules for holding are on a fumble, so maybe he should have gotten called for that. But I don't see any ill intent there.

They dont, but in the video venecol posted, you can clearly see that he tripped Burns using his right leg. That is 100% a fine, and I agree with it. I would be livid if a defensive player did that to Mac. Hopefully he never does it again.
No it's a 10yd penalty and in the Venacol post you don't see Burns hopping, twisting and pulling Mac.

Last edited:
Ok, so I downloaded the above video and slowed it down to 1/4 speed. (and it was already in slow mo so I don't know how slow it already was)

and from what I can see Mac grabs Burns' ankle and Burns tries to get away, this leads to Mac's body being dragged along the turf and Mac's right calf striking Burns in Burns' left ankle, causing Burns to lose his balance and fall, and Mac just holds on. I don't see any twisting motion from Mac's arms or hands until after Burns starts to fall down.

I don't know what the rules for holding are on a fumble, so maybe he should have gotten called for that. But I don't see any ill intent there.

Grappling Mixed Martial Arts GIF by Sonny Brown Breakdown

That's what I see.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News