PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

Isn't the fear supposed to work the other way around?

this coming from a guy who literally hit someone in the head with his helmet. are any of these idiots even somewhat aware of how stupid they sound with this?

this coming from a guy who literally hit someone in the head with his helmet. are any of these idiots even somewhat aware of how stupid they sound with this?
Garret wonders if the Pillsbury dough boy 'Is going to turn into an ankle grabber? I don’t know. We will see.''

Oh gawd Mac Jones might turn into a dreaded ankle grabber:eek:

Last edited:
They (its always 'they') have run out of letters, were on Z now, do 'they' start calling the next generation A1, or 1A? inquiring minds want to know, and what happened to the letters before X and Y? i haven't heard much from generation B,C,D, M or any of the letters
They started with X. If they did that with hurricane names we'd have a hell of a lot better weather I'll tell you whut.

The idea was that they had "baby boomer" after the "greatest generation." For some reason they divided out something called the "silent generation" in between there. I guess you had to shtup right after the war to make a baby boomer, so there was some fooling around by Jodie and your girl back home that they didn't like to talk about much, resulting in the silent generation. Makes sense. Anyway, there was the Lost Generation before the Greatests, and the Losts were already a thing way before the "Baby Boomers" started the living-memory conversation about generations, unless you count the perennial harangues on streetcorners about every generation being "ye generation of vipers."

The idea of Generation X was that they were all soooooo disaffected by like, everything, man, that, other than watching Anthony Michael Hall trying to get some and watching Molly Ringwald invent Resting Unpleasantyounglady Face, they just. didn't. care. There were problems but why bother solving them, nothing works, no parties, no government, business is just as bad, why vote, why care, there's too few of us, Boomers got all the good jobs, whaaahhhhhhh. That was the (pretty much self-chosen) stereotype. At least it was self-chosen by the guys writing books about their generation. A guy named Douglas Coupland wrote the book whose title gave us the name.

Googling around, I just found that one Robert Capa tried to use "Generation X" on "the young adults of the 1950s," so I guess those were the Silent Generation," but it didn't stick.

But once it did stick, there was always a solid lobby for calling Millennials Gen. Y, landing us on Z now (it's also convenient that Max Brooks set "World War Z" in the then-near-future, and has a character say something like "Yeah, I was in Generation Z," which is funny because it was also the generation coming of age when the Zombie apocalypse came.)

It appears that people want to use the greek alphabet after gen z, and we'd better hope the dumbass brave-new-world, zoo-behavior fad is over by then, because that makes the next batch Generation Alpha.

Last edited:
They started with X. If they did that with hurricane names we'd have a hell of a lot better weather I'll tell you whut.

The idea was that they had "baby boomer" after the "greatest generation." For some reason they divided out something called the "silent generation" in between there. I guess you had to shtup right after the war to make a baby boomer, so there was some fooling around by Jodie and your girl back home that they didn't like to talk about much, resulting in the silent generation. Makes sense. Anyway, there was the Lost Generation before the Greatests, and the Losts were already a thing way before the "Baby Boomers" started the living-memory conversation about generations, unless you count the perennial harangues on streetcorners about every generation being "ye generation of vipers."

The idea of Generation X was that they were all soooooo disaffected by like, everything, man, that, other than watching Anthony Michael Hall trying to get some and watching Molly Ringwald invent Resting Unpleasantyounglady Face, they just. didn't. care. There were problems but why bother solving them, nothing works, no parties, no government, business is just as bad, why vote, why care, there's too few of us, Boomers got all the good jobs, whaaahhhhhhh. That was the (pretty much self-chosen) stereotype. At least it was self-chosen by the guys writing books about their generation. A guy named Douglas Coupland wrote the book whose title gave us the name.

Googling around, I just found that on Robert Capa tried to use "Generation X" on "the young adults of the 1950s," so I guess those were the Silent Generation," but it didn't stick.

But once it did stick, there was always a solid lobby for calling Millennials Gen. Y, landing us on Z now (it's also convenient that Max Brooks set "World War Z" in the then-near-future, and has a character say something like "Yeah, I was in Generation Z," which is funny because it was also the generation coming of age when the Zombie apocalypse came.)

It appears that people want to use the greek alphabet after gen z, and we'd better hope the dumbass brave-new-world, zoo-behavior fad is over by then, because that makes the next batch Generation Alpha.

So thats what happened to the lost alphabet, thanks for the information.:thumbsup:

Half of the threads in here turn weird, look at the title and what's said in the last few pages, totally unrelated.
I'm sure that Indianapolis threads end up with tractor maintenance tips

Garret wonders if the Pillsbury dough boy 'Is going to turn into an ankle grabber? I don’t know. We will see.''

Oh gawd Mac Jones might turn into a dreaded ankle grabber:eek:
Is that on par with an ankle-biter?

Is that on par with an ankle-biter?
I would say not as bad as an ankle biter, BUT you have to grab the ankle before you bite it.

Or lots of them all over the place. Lemon aid is tasty, but I prefer technology.
but you should learn to spell first, Joey Moron...ade...not aid...idiot

You are a clown. A total joke. Love that you're stuck with this name. Absolutely have never been funny on this forum, ever. Maybe aspirationally funny and never actually so.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back