PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

Bounties imply extra compensation for intent to injure. What compensation ("non-contract bonus") is he providing? I can see maybe unsportsmanlike, but it's not that much different from PChung's kick their ass comment, so a weak fine, if that.

I thought this instructional video was part of every football program, and that "hunting" was part of the manual:

Supposedly Burns was offering $10K to other DEs to injure Mac, but I don’t know if that’s legitimate. Smelled fishy.

Supposedly Burns was offering $10K to other DEs to injure Mac, but I don’t know if that’s legitimate. Smelled fishy.
Now that would be suspension worthy if true. I'm sure the league would shut that down if that was the case.

I saw the Wanted picture but I think that was just a joke.

Last edited:
Now THAT my friend is a gross generalization. Here is what most boomers take pride in. That they all grew up in a culture that valued work. Most of us had jobs early on in HS. I worked in a tire warehouse summers and during vacation weeks. $1.25/hr. A lot of us were first generation college grads and worked there as well. We grew up aware. We lived through Viet Nam, the hippies, (I was not one, but had a lot of friends who were) and then moved on, married, kids, etc. And contrary to your assertion, all the Boomers I know are well informed and keep up with what's going on with rapt attention, as well as doing their civic duties, volunteering, voting in ALL elections, not just the national ones, and caring about the communities they live in.

We are a generation that gets pissed when we see 18-20 somethings sit on the couch playing video games rather than go out and work all those menial jobs that are going unfilled because they are "beneath them":. Too many are waiting for society to do something for THEM, rather than figuring out how THEY can contribute to that society.

Now I understand that it is probably wrong to paint EVERYBODY with a broad stroke. I'm sure there are many hard working industrious and caring millennials. But if I can generalize myself, I would say Boomers came from a generation who wondered," how can I contribute to society", while millennials wonder "how can I get society to do something for ME.
That may be true overall, but my experience with young people today has been quite different. I hire about 12 to 15 young workers every year for the past 28 years, for my farm and they are all willing to work hard. some are more willing than others, but i am always impressed with their desire to do the hard day to day work. The last 8 years or so has seen my farm hire mostly women and the last few years we are seeing more trans people apply and work on the farm and the work is getting done just the same. I must be lucky, or maybe only folks who want to work hard apply for the positions I offer?? Anyway, just my perspective.

That may be true overall, but my experience with young people today has been quite different. I hire about 12 to 15 young workers every year for the past 28 years, for my farm and they are all willing to work hard. some are more willing than others, but i am always impressed with their desire to do the hard day to day work. The last 8 years or so has seen my farm hire mostly women and the last few years we are seeing more trans people apply and work on the farm and the work is getting done just the same. I must be lucky, or maybe only folks who want to work hard apply for the positions I offer?? Anyway, just my perspective.
any reason you can think of that would explain why your labor force evolved to be mostly women? What happened to the guys? was the work too hard for them? Just curious.

Now THAT my friend is a gross generalization. Here is what most boomers take pride in. That they all grew up in a culture that valued work. Most of us had jobs early on in HS. I worked in a tire warehouse summers and during vacation weeks. $1.25/hr. A lot of us were first generation college grads and worked there as well. We grew up aware. We lived through Viet Nam, the hippies, (I was not one, but had a lot of friends who were) and then moved on, married, kids, etc. And contrary to your assertion, all the Boomers I know are well informed and keep up with what's going on with rapt attention, as well as doing their civic duties, volunteering, voting in ALL elections, not just the national ones, and caring about the communities they live in.

We are a generation that gets pissed when we see 18-20 somethings sit on the couch playing video games rather than go out and work all those menial jobs that are going unfilled because they are "beneath them":. Too many are waiting for society to do something for THEM, rather than figuring out how THEY can contribute to that society.

Now I understand that it is probably wrong to paint EVERYBODY with a broad stroke. I'm sure there are many hard working industrious and caring millennials. But if I can generalize myself, I would say Boomers came from a generation who wondered," how can I contribute to society", while millennials wonder "how can I get society to do something for ME.

I don't know exactly what year that was, but if it was before 1974 you were still making more than minimum wage in inflation adjusted dollars at your $1.25 per hour job out of high school.

Oh yes, the Boomers, who have voted in the worst politicians in the history of the country, that have caused crash after crash, crisis after crisis, the same entitled group that were able to pay for their yearly college tuition with one summer of working. The same group that made above minimum wage while working high school jobs.

There were bums from your generation that dind't do sh*t but smoke weed too. You just don't realize your generation literally had it the easiest of any generation before and after them. Boomers had the best standard of living of any generation in this country, and it has done nothing but go down hill for every generation after them. You got lucky, being born into the absolute best peak economic circumstances in the history of this country.

I don't know exactly what year that was, but if it was before 1974 you were still making more than minimum wage in inflation adjusted dollars at your $1.25 per hour job out of high school.

Oh yes, the Boomers, who have voted in the worst politicians in the history of the country, that have caused crash after crash, crisis after crisis, the same entitled group that were able to pay for their yearly college tuition with one summer of working. The same group that made above minimum wage while working high school jobs.

There were bums from your generation that dind't do sh*t but smoke weed too. You just don't realize your generation literally had it the easiest of any generation before and after them. Boomers had the best standard of living of any generation in this country, and it has done nothing but go down hill for every generation after them. You got lucky, being born into the absolute best peak economic circumstances in the history of this country.
You seem to be under the mistaken belief that every single person has a choice (or luck) of when and whom they are born to. By the way, money isn't everything.

any reason you can think of that would explain why your labor force evolved to be mostly women? What happened to the guys? was the work too hard for them? Just curious.
Not sure, I've speculated that we have gotten a good reputation for giving leadership opportunities for women on the farm. But it is a bit of a mystery. we have diversified crops (30 different veggies) and it seems that the majority of guys we hire don't like the complexity of learning the details of each crop, but it's a small sample size and mostly anecdotal. I don't spend a lot of time trying to find the answer because I'm pretty happy with the quality of work being done by the people we hire.

Burns :crying: : Mac is mean, he hurt my leg.....and....and ...he hurt my feeling because he didn’t say sorry. I need a hug...
Cam : There ... there... , I know ... I know ...Mac is mean. Hee ... Hee...He took my job.

Last edited:
You seem to be under the mistaken belief that every single person has a choice (or luck) of when and whom they are born to. By the way, money isn't everything.
The point is not every individual person's circumstances. That's a futile discussion, the fact is that Boomers were born into the economic peak of the country and had the best overall living standards over any generation before and after them. As a whole, the group had it the easiest of any generation, but loves to talk about how they just worked harder than anyone else, which is BS.

I think that most people who are baby boomers think that, because they are typically the most uniformed and care the least about learning about anyone outside of their own generation. It's not our fault boomers are consistently the most wrong because they don't understand how to google.
You really don't know what you are talking about, a boomer is between 57-75 years old. I am a borderline boomer and as a principal at my school everything taught in schools these days is technology based.

Many of my staff are around the same age as myself, some are older, and they too have the same set of skills. I think you are confusing your grandparents, or depending on your age your great grandparents or even your great great grandparents, which actually the "boomers" you are working and have a clear grasp of "how to use google".

As I use tell my kids before they matured enough to understand life, all these boomers potty trained you, you should thank them!!

Last edited:
You really don't know what you are talking about, a boomer is between 57-75 years old. I am a borderline boomer and as a principal at my school everything taught in schools these days is technology based.

Many of my staff are around the same age as myself, some are older, and they too have the same set of skills. I think you are confusing your grandparents, or depending on your age your great grandparents or even your great great grandparents, which actually the "boomers" you are working and have a clear grasp of "how to use google".

As I use tell my kids before they matured enough to understand life, all these boomers potty trained you, you should thank them!!
No, I'm talking about your age group specifically. I was being facetious, the point is, boomers make a lot of assumptions, like what a Millennial actually is (as proven by multiple posters here), when they could figure that out within 30 seconds of google searching.

The point is, that we had multiple boomer posters complain about millennials as if they are the 18+ generation of kids right now coming into the workforce. They can use google, they just choose not to and instead stay in ignorance.

No, I'm talking about your age group specifically. I was being facetious, the point is, boomers make a lot of assumptions, like what a Millennial actually is (as proven by multiple posters here), when they could figure that out within 30 seconds of google searching.

The point is, that we had multiple boomer posters complain about millennials as if they are the 18+ generation of kids right now coming into the workforce. They can use google, they just choose not to and instead stay in ignorance.
Using name tags to malign groups of people is divisive, doesn't matter your age. I mean, what if I went around calling people who took worm meds for a virus some of the dumbest ****ing twats to be born into the human race. That wouldn't be very nice. True, but not very nice. Name calling is just something that doesn't get you anywhere no matter what generation or age group. And greater minds than mine should know that or least be less defensive even if it strikes a chord. Now, I'll go finish my Boomer lunch favorite, Hamburger Helper. Mmmm, disgusting.

Using name tags to malign groups of people is divisive, doesn't matter your age. I mean, what if I went around calling people who took worm meds for a virus some of the dumbest ****ing twats to be born into the human race. That wouldn't be very nice. True, but not very nice. Name calling is just something that doesn't get you anywhere no matter what generation or age group. And greater minds than mine should know that or least be less defensive even if it strikes a chord. Now, I'll go finish my Boomer lunch favorite, Hamburger Helper. Mmmm, disgusting.
he's an ageist bigot PUNK running his stupid yap on a message board. He'd run like hell on the street if he spewed this hate filled garbage to almost every "boomer" I know.

we should probably define who we mean-ish. at least broad strokes.

But who are you thinking of when you say Gen X rules culture? You might be right via music, see above.
From above linked article: music, news & media, tv & films.

SmartSelect_20211111-152425_Firefox.jpg

he's an ageist bigot PUNK running his stupid yap on a message board. He'd run like hell on the street if he spewed this hate filled garbage to almost every "boomer" I know.
Sure internet tough guy

And I would say a millennial like yourself has made quite a few assumptions about boomers!

Let's see what you said in just one post. " I think that most people who are baby boomers think that, because they are typically the most uniformed and care the least about learning about anyone outside of their own generation. It's not our fault boomers are consistently the most wrong because they don't understand how to google."

Every generation thinks they have had it the hardest or the best and they know more than the past generations or more that than those that come after them. It's just the way it is, always has been, and always will be. You will be telling your kids one day about the things you didn't have that they have and ask them to show you how to use the newest technology that hits the market because kids always get it first. I know you will because I swore I would never do it to my kids, and I did it, much to my consternation.

Comments:

a.) And...too lazy to read the entire thread...HOW did a discussion about Burns/Jones' spat fest turn in a boomer/millennial discussion?

b.) Does everybody realize that millennials are now like in their late 30's? With jobs, student loans, mortgages, kids, and etc..?

c.) Generation Z is the generation we all should be looking to....the oldest member is 24....and most minimum wage jobs are filled by 18-24 year olds nowadays. The Tide Pod generation!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back