Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, the schadenfreude of the ten ton boulder squashing Borgy into the concrete leaving a foul smelling blood splotch and a marker reading "Dog Urination Area".

ah, the schadenfreude of the ten ton boulder squashing Borgy into the concrete leaving a foul smelling blood splotch and a marker reading "Dog Urination Area".

I think "Nick from Boston" already took care of that for us. :D

Does anyone know how many games the Patriots have lost in the past couple of weeks without Brady being there to help them?

Give Tom an offseason and he'll know the offense and the personnel.

So what ?

How did an offseason help him with all those receivers that have come and gone through Foxboro and never had any chemistry with Brady ? Time is not on his side.. the only realistic place for him to contend for championships is clearly the well oiled machine of Foxboro. And he knows it which is why he signed all those below market deals. He didn't want to get traded to some ****ty franchise and lose any chance for more rings just because of money that he doesn't really need.

So what ?

How did an offseason help him with all those receivers that have come and gone through Foxboro and never had any chemistry with Brady ? Time is not on his side.. the only realistic place for him to contend for championships is clearly the well oiled machine of Foxboro. And he knows it which is why he signed all those below market deals. He didn't want to get traded to some ****ty franchise and lose any chance for more rings just because of money that he doesn't really need.

I'm surprised you are disagreeing with my position which is Tom makes bad teams good, good teams very good and very good teams title contenders.

Ah, the jealousy of the Borges.

What ever happened to my favorite Boston sports plagiarist and writer of stories with no corroboration, Ronnie B.??..

Probably slithering under big rock somewhere trying to dig up some dirt on Belichick..

He has the only job in the world where it pays to be reviled by just about every fan and every media outlet...

I'm surprised you are disagreeing with my position which is Tom makes bad teams good, good teams very good and very good teams title contenders.

You are repainting the entire thing into something it is not. This is not about Brady making other teams better. It is about you and others underestimating how much of Brady's success has to do with being put into the right position to succeed and how a ****ton of teams/coaches are consistently undermining their players by not doing that.

Nobody is arguing about Brady being among the best NFL players of all time and certainly the most accomplished QB. But if you put him into a system that does not use him to his full abilities he will not have the same success there. And to change the system around and find players that -- your notoriously difficult to please -- QB approves will take a season.

It is like having a Ferrari in a city that has terrible traffic issues. Nice to look at but it will not take you home faster than a Volkswagen. Now put those two on a racetrack or an Autobahn and the difference will be obvious.

If he was 32 then we would not have the discussion because he would still have time to figure it out, wait for things to gel and then compete. But at 41 there is only the now.

You are repainting the entire thing into something it is not. This is not about Brady making other teams better. It is about you and others underestimating how much of Brady's success has to do with being put into the right position to succeed and how a ****ton of teams/coaches are consistently undermining their players by not doing that.

Nobody is arguing about Brady being among the best NFL players of all time and certainly the most accomplished QB. But if you put him into a system that does not use him to his full abilities he will not have the same success there. And to change the system around and find players that -- your notoriously difficult to please -- QB approves will take a season.

It is like having a Ferrari in a city that has terrible traffic issues. Nice to look at but it will not take you home faster than a Volkswagen. Now put those two on a racetrack or an Autobahn and the difference will be obvious.

If he was 32 then we would not have the discussion because he would still have time to figure it out, wait for things to gel and then compete. But at 41 there is only the now.

I'm not repainting anything.

Great QBs like Montana, Favre and Forehead who were up there in age have had glowing success in other systems immediately.

As I said earlier, to think Tom can't enjoy the same success Day 1 with talent, good coaching and a good system surrounding him, is a gross underestimation of his ability.

Batsh!t crazy stuff being spewed in this thread.

Peyton Manning, a guy known to be just as demanding of Brady, went from Indianapolis to the Broncos. He went 13-3 in his first season there, and followed that up with another 13-3 season, and a trip to the Super Bowl, in his second season.

But, by all means, keep talking about how Brady couldn't get it done elsewhere.

Since we don't have a general OTAs thread that I can see offhand, I'll note this here:

Another injury for Steelers today, as tight end Jake McGee goes down

The Steelers lost 2 players to injury during today's OTAs, and both are thought to be serious, possibly season ending. One is thought to be a torn ACL, the other is thought to be a torn Achilles.

But... But.... BRADY IS THE ONLY QB NOT DOING OTAS!

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Brown has not been in attendance since taking part in the first two days of OTAs. He’s had some company on the absentee list. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was there the first day, but has not been around since then.

Antonio Brown, Ben Roethlisberger haven’t been at recent OTAs

Umm..... Nevermind.

rofl.gif

Last edited:
Agree with PitsDirt, Jax, Houston & Titties.

Something always derails the Chargers, so I'm not buying them, yet.

And as long as Chumley is the HC of the KCCs, then I'm not buying them, at all.
You're the best man. lol Chumley

Yea I'll admit I'm kinda alone on the Chargers the past 2 years. So much talent overall though. As a reg football fan I'd love to see what they look like healthy.

Yea I'll admit I'm kinda alone on the Chargers the past 2 years. So much talent overall though. As a reg football fan I'd love to see what they look like healthy.
The curse of Schottenheimer?

The curse of Schottenheimer?
Their recent history, from Rivers on, is really bizarre. Just one mistake after another with injuries on top of it all. It's just always something. You can't name 5-7 more talented teams that didn't win it all imo. They were stacked some years. LOL LT, Michael Turner & D.S. on the same team as Gates & V Jackson.

Weird div. I like what Oakland has been doing but just didn't buy their hype & don't yet. I'm not a fan of the Gruden hire & think it'll only set em back but who knows. They got no excuse though. QB, Coach, OL. Pieces on D w/ a superstar in Mack. Their young on that side but talented enough.

I think KC could really sneak up on people if their D holds. That offense looks fierce. When Sammy Watkins is your 3rd/4th option you're doing alright.

Christopher Price at BSJ on Brady's impact at missing OTAs

I’ll be honest with you, this is barely registering a ripple in the locker room with vets and rookies alike. Brady has built up so much currency with them, I think they’re all OK with it, at least right now. My feeling is that could change if he doesn’t show up for mandatory minicamp. But at this point, no one in the locker room is upset, either on or off the record.

As suspected drama drummed up by drama queens in the media.

You're not alone, most every year I look at that roster and think that should be a team that can do some damage and then...the wheels come off the wagon again and again and...

They are kinda the AFC's version of the Bluejays from a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots