Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
here some intro by Cox and Hannable:
Patriots OTAs Preview: Will Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski Stay Home?
5 things to watch in what is very important week for Patriots

plenty of interesting things to watch re. new additions and injured crowd coming back,
positional battles and early hints of depth chart (esp. OL) etc.

first watch of course is reserved for Tom and Gronk - OTAs are still voluntary . but its the first time the team hits the field incl. 7 v 7 & 11 v 11 practices

just to note that both cases are at least partly connected to possible new contracts

Gronk has no guaranteed money left and can sign a new contract only after May 24
(so this can be a timing issue and can join later)
If Rob Gronkowski really does want new deal, there's a reason why it hasn't happened

Tom's personal (family time) and contract situation is less clear . but it will be surprising (at least to me) if he does not join the team at this point with so many changes both with his weapons and protection...

There's a poll to start the proceedings..

What are you looking for most beyond Tom and Gronk?

In any case lets hope for a plethora of good news..

Last edited:
this is from Reiss yesterday on Clayborn's injury:

Adrian Clayborn tweaked his quad during workouts, according to a source familiar with his situation, and the injury had his workload scaled back and could now limit his availability when the team takes the field for the third phase of the offseason program this week. But if that's the case, Clayborn is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in late July. The Patriots signed Clayborn (30 career sacks) to boost their pass rush, and when they gave him a two-year contract with a base value of $10 million, it was viewed by many as a solid move, with one of the primary risks his injury history. Clayborn suffered a torn ACL, MCL and meniscus in 2012, a torn right biceps in 2014, a torn MCL and meniscus in 2016, and a torn left biceps in the playoffs after the 2016 regular season.

full article: First look at Patriots on field; will Gronk be there?

This “will he or won’t he?” storyline is getting old. Even if the Pats know for sure, as they surely do. No, he does not need the time to play well this year. Yes, it is voluntary. But Brady is the leader of the team. He sets the tone. He is who even the vets look up to. He has always embraced that role, sought it out, wanted it. He wanted to earn the job of QB of the NE Patriots “every single day”. Team building is a new process every year and is critically important to success. He is not a diva WR or some aging LB. Right now the QB of the Patriots, the best in the game, the leader of his team - seems more interested in playing games than winning them.

My guess is that Tom will show and Gronk won't. If neither show, it's not the end of the world. However, I'm sure the usual suspects will be calling either (or both) divas in that event.

This “will he or won’t he?” storyline is getting old. Even if the Pats know for sure, as they surely do. No, he does not need the time to play well this year. Yes, it is voluntary. But Brady is the leader of the team. He sets the tone. He is who even the vets look up to. He has always embraced that role, sought it out, wanted it. He wanted to earn the job of QB of the NE Patriots “every single day”. Team building is a new process every year and is critically important to success. He is not a diva WR or some aging LB. Right now the QB of the Patriots, the best in the game, the leader of his team - seems more interested in playing games than winning them.
I'm in wait and see mode but if "Team First Tom" morphs into "Me First Tom".....oh boy.

As a pre-appetizer: It's May 21.....kids are in school. The "spend more time with the family" cliche won't fly

I'm in wait and see mode but if "Team First Tom" morphs into "Me First Tom".....oh boy.

As a pre-appetizer: It's May 21.....kids are in school. The "spend more time with the family" cliche won't fly
Hasn't this already occurred?

The weird thing is after Deflategate I was all in on Brady. Now it's becomming the reverse. How many other QBs are missing this time ? Probably very few. Sucks that JG didn't have one more year left on his contract, Brady wouldn't have one foot out the door like this if JG were there.

From a pure objective/analytical perspective, I’m not loving the idea of a 41 year old QB no longer going 110%.

He’s 41 and needs to save his energy for the season and hopefully post-season. No need to need to go all out for something optional. He’s been doing this for 18 years, so he knows what he’s doing.

If Jimmy Garappolo were still here Brady would be too. Tom Brady is showing who he really is and perhaps this is why Belichick had to put his foot down and throw the masseuse out off the sidelines. The diva attitude is not new but only now is the "public" seeing it.

I have a feeling the media will go crazy with this thing if Brady and/or Gronk don't show. The thing they will fail to point out is that they are voluntary. I'm sure star players on other teams skip them as well.

I have a feeling the media will go crazy with this thing if Brady and/or Gronk don't show. The thing they will fail to point out is that they are voluntary. I'm sure star players on other teams skip them as well.

I bet no other quarterback in the league skips OTAs this week.

The QBs always show up.

Didn’t see one so I figured I’d start one. Post all OTA news here. Should find out the draft pick’s numbers today as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back