Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, I don't remember Reiss at ESPN Boston sleeping through his alarm clock and not post his daily 5AM post.

Its 9am wake up guys I need my video fix besides some needless article about a 32 MLB team power poll in the middle of May.

I don't think voluntary is the point here at all. This is first significant step of building a new team - taking the field, starting to develop rapport not only with receivers (only 2 WRs from last season are returning) but also with protection (at least two significant changes (LT+RB) will happen from last year, possibly more). Tom is notorious on developing trust issue and this is not helping (i don't think he developed it fully with Cooks last yr).

Leaving that job to Hoyer and Etling (who needs every help in development) is certainly not putting your team in best situation. Both JG and JB stated how important it was to have Brady there every step of the way and esp. for their first steps. Hoyer is a nice and intelligent guy . but he is no Brady..

Last edited:
If Jimmy Garappolo were still here Brady would be too. Tom Brady is showing who he really is and perhaps this is why Belichick had to put his foot down and throw the masseuse out off the sidelines. The diva attitude is not new but only now is the "public" seeing it.

He's been like this all along? And it has really impacted his play on the field too!! and all the demands he's made! Ridiculous. I'd rather have a guy all in, who gets paid what he deserves, not a penny more.

*This is snark for our resident Jets fan*

Lol doesn't take much for some fans to turn on the greatest QB of all time.

Not in New England, it doesn't. A very fickle fanbase we have. Guy leads the franchise to unheard of success in the salary cap era and gets crucified because he misses a team activity that is voluntary. Go figure.

The only significance to Brady not showing up (if he doesn't) is that I don't believe he's ever skipped these OTA's before. Of course, he's never started a season at 41 before either.

Does Brady still win the parking spot every year?

It's not at all unimportant or insignificant for Brady to miss this part of OTAs. It probably won't sink their season, but it's a reasonably big deal. Pointing this out isn't "turning on Brady" or being chicken little or anything like that.

And it's really probably not about Brady. That is, I'm sure HE will be fine. But it's the other guys - especially the new receivers who have developed very little to no rapport with Brady - that matter here. This is an important part of the season's preparation and Brady is missing it. It's not good.

Just because it is voluntary does not mean it is not important. Or are we “just talking about practice”?

It really isn't all that important for a 41 year old that has been in the system for long enough for it to be legal to buy cigarettes and go to war.

Ok, let’s stop the Brady hysteria and let’s talk about the OTAs that start today. And the players that are there. Looking forward to hearing about Sony Michel. I don’t think Wynn or Brown are participating due to injuries.

it'll be good to see if BB sticks to his principles and doesn't let Brady or Gronk practice when they do eventually show up.

It really isn't all that important for a 41 year old that has been in the system for long enough for it to be legal to buy cigarettes and go to war.
I agree that missing is not going to prevent Brady from performing. But it means the offense gets less time to gel with its most important player and it impacts the team building process. And it makes you wonder how committed Brady is this year - yes he has always been all in - but all players reach a point where they are not. Sooner or later they do not want to do what it takes to prepare, even if they still enjoy playing the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back