Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady sits out all the OTAs, I wouldn't doubt seeing Hoyer and Etling quarterbacking the team during the mandatory mini-camp. Can't see BB
starting a player with no practice time.

Well, if he has any sense of consistency, that's probably what will happen.

All that matters is TC. That's where the offense and defense ultimately get installed. These are just glorified workouts. It wasn't a big deal when guys like Branch would miss and it's not a big deal now that Brady is missing. It would be more alarming if the rooks and new guys weren't there. For guys that have been in the system, this is much ado about nothing.
A GD voice of reason. Thank you.

I can't believe people are going around calling each other homers for believing Brady/the offense will be fine.

I can't believe people are going around calling each other homers for believing Brady/the offense will be fine.

LOL. They're calling me, of all people, a homer. The guy that just spent the entire offseason bashing BB for his personnel decisions in the Super Bowl.

You're making it about Brady . im interested in the team.

I'm doing nothing of the sort. Others are making it about Brady. You made it that way when you answered the question. Moreover, Brady is a part of the team. He's not missing anything from a team-building perspective that he won't get in mini-camp or TC.

Its probably for the best that Brady doesn't show up right away. We have seen before that he doesn't have patience breaking in new receivers. The coaches can get them up to speed before Brady gets there so he doesn't blacklist them for running the wrong routes.

Do we know when the OTAs start today ? Press allowed to observe ?

Its probably for the best that Brady doesn't show up right away. We have seen before that he doesn't have patience breaking in new receivers. The coaches can get them up to speed before Brady gets there so he doesn't blacklist them for running the wrong routes.

At first this sounded dumb to me but it makes sense, although I doubt this was why this happened. It's just as easy to get on Brady's bad side as it is to get on his good side. Actually, it's way easier.

If Brady sits out all the OTAs, I wouldn't doubt seeing Hoyer and Etling quarterbacking the team during the mandatory mini-camp. Can't see BB
starting a player with no practice time.

Hopefully we don't end up seeing Brady crying on the sidelines of the SB while Hoyer throws 5 ints :mad:

Hopefully we don't end up seeing Brady crying on the sidelines of the SB while Hoyer throws 5 ints :mad:
Rather see him on the sidelines crying as Hoyer throws 5 TDs in the SB.

All that matters is TC. That's where the offense and defense ultimately get installed. These are just glorified workouts. It wasn't a big deal when guys like Branch would miss and it's not a big deal now that Brady is missing. It would be more alarming if the rooks and new guys weren't there. For guys that have been in the system, this is much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
So many 'so called Patriot fans' are nothing more than embarrassing sycophants who refuse to have a genuine discussion on any real topic at hand if it involves being even mildly critical of their superheroes.
You are embarrassing yourself.

I'm doing nothing of the sort. Others are making it about Brady. You made it that way when you answered the question. Moreover, Brady is a part of the team. He's not missing anything from a team-building perspective that he won't get in mini-camp or TC.

Team-building started weeks ago. He missed that. Team missed that. How significant was that? IDK, I never built an NFL team. But it used to be significant to him. And Id guess its significant to BB.

On field team-building started today. He never missed it before. That would suggest it is/was very significant to him. Id guess it is very significant to BB.

No other starting QB will reportedly miss it (as usually) . so Id guess it is very important to every team.

He will miss 10 OTA practices on the field. He will reportedly attend 3 OTA practices during minicamp portion (but remains to be seen in what capacity also re. BB). More importantly IMO . the new team incl. new players will miss that time with him. Since practices are so limited Id guess that is significant.

No doom and gloom (personally I have no worries even if Hoyer starts first game) . just trying to see things in perspective.

I dunno know. Selfishly I want Tom there. I think it's important he help the coaching staff vet out who has a legit chance to help the team and for him develop a report with the offense. For him to stay away for family reasons when the "program" expects him to be there is selfish.

What about the guys who haven't been in the system?

So, tell me, what are they doing this time around that Brady hasn’t been a part of before? Be specific.
Working with a new LT for the first time in 7 years.

Working with a WR corps that might have as many as 4 new players in it.

That's a very political answer, but the truth of the matter is that some things are more important than others. They include mandatory mini-camp and TC. OTAs and running wind sprints and gassers with your teammates? Much less so.

Team-building started weeks ago. He missed that. Team missed that. How significant was that? IDK, I never built an NFL team. But it used to be significant to him. And Id guess its significant to BB.

On field team-building started today. He never missed it before. That would suggest it is/was very significant to him. Id guess it is very significant to BB.

No other starting QB will reportedly miss it (as usually) . so Id guess it is very important to every team.

How many other starting QBs are 41 years old and have spent 18 years in the system?

He will miss 10 OTA practices on the field. He will reportedly attend 3 OTA practices during minicamp portion (but remains to be seen in what capacity also re. BB). More importantly IMO . the new team incl. new players will miss that time with him. Since practices are so limited Id guess that is significant.

The most important time they can have with him is during TC and mini-camp. Especially the full pads sessions as both units are getting installed. These are glorified workouts. I have no issue with a 41 year old QB missing them. I asked a question before and I haven't been able to get a straight answer on it from anyone. So I'll ask it again and hopefully it will help people put things into perspective here. And this is open to the floor...

What are they doing this time around that Brady hasn’t been a part of before? Be specific.

What about the guys who haven't been in the system?

I've already said it's probably more important for them and the rooks.

Working with a new LT for the first time in 7 years.

He'll get that in mini-camp and TC... and with full pads.

Working with a WR core that might have as many as 4 new players in it.

He'll get that in mini-camp and TC... and with full pads.

Anything else?

Last edited:
So many 'so called Patriot fans' are nothing more than embarrassing sycophants who refuse to have a genuine discussion on any real topic at hand if it involves being even mildly critical of their superheroes.

Says the guy who wanted Brady traded early in the 2014 season. You’re a Ron Borges wannabe who is wrong almost as often as he has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back