Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarity has been realized....Yoko Guerrero is in control

Brady's Robin Givens.

Clarity has been realized....Yoko Guerrero is in control

Brady's Robin Givens.
If only you had a job besides trolling here.

Last edited:
So, tell me, what are they doing this time around that Brady hasn’t been a part of before? Be specific.
brady has said many times in the past how important OTAs are. I believe him. he has never missed them before. it has to be important. he can't work with the new receivers if he's not there. and it will show up on the field .when a receiver doesn't run a route precisely how Brady wants. he can't be the leader he was if he's not there. the coaches want him there. no other QB in the league misses this part of camp. it's important because it speaks to Brady's frame of mind and how it's changed.

brady has said many times in the past how important OTAs are. I believe him. he can't work with the new receivers if he's not there.

He'll do that during TC and mini-camps... and in full pads. These are glorified workouts. Nothing of importance gets installed.

and it will show up on the field .when a receiver doesn't run a route precisely how Brady wants. he can't be the leader he was if he's not there. the coaches want him there. no other QB in the league misses this part of camp. it's important because it speaks to Brady's frame of mind and how it's changed.

How many QBs are also 41 years old and are coming off of a season where they played 18 games and absorbed the amount of hits that he did?

He'll do that during TC and mini-camps... and in full pads. These are glorified workouts. Nothing of importance gets installed.

How many QBs are also 41 years old and are coming off of a season where they played 18 games and absorbed the amount of hits that he did?
thats a good point up until today the most important part of camp for a QB and the receivers.

brady has said many times in the past how important OTAs are. I believe him. he has never missed them before. it has to be important. he can't work with the new receivers if he's not there. and it will show up on the field .when a receiver doesn't run a route precisely how Brady wants. he can't be the leader he was if he's not there. the coaches want him there. no other QB in the league misses this part of camp. it's important because it speaks to Brady's frame of mind and how it's changed.
You have no idea what Brady’s frame of mind is.
You have no idea if the coaches want him there or if they okd his absence.
You are just opining how things are in your mind.

I could apply for the spell checking position
Agree, it's necessary skill for those starting over as copy boys.

The first 4 game of the season are like pre-season games, when the kinks in the offense and defense are worked out. This will be even more sure this year. I suspect that we all remember all the comments from posters (and media) regarding the first 4 (largely irrelevant ) games.

thats a good point up until today the most important part of camp for a QB and the receivers.

The most important part is going to be when contact happens. Until then it's just a throw and catch session. Not that it's bad for timing, but it's nothing like when the pads go on. That's the only way a real game environment can be fully simulated.

I'm not worried about Brady or Gronk missing this time. It isn't important for vets like them.

Personally I blame BB for a lot of this. He may be the best coach of all time but he also does some bone headed things too and they contributed to us being at this point.

Ok, let’s stop the Brady hysteria and let’s talk about the OTAs that start today. And the players that are there. Looking forward to hearing about Sony Michel. I don’t think Wynn or Brown are participating due to injuries.

IIRC, no media access until tomorrow.

More evidence that the ongoings of this offseason is NOT just business as usual. No the drama is not some “mediot” concoction.

But at the end of the day I am on Bradys side. I just wish he would drop this wishy washy ******** and just come out and say he’s holding out. Just rip the bandaid off and remove all doubt.

Lol doesn't take much for some fans to turn on the greatest QB of all time.
I hear that. And, for the most part, I agree. However : you can both fully appreciate someone for what they have contributed AND question future decisions. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

All that matters is TC. That's where the offense and defense ultimately get installed. These are just glorified workouts. It wasn't a big deal when guys like Branch would miss and it's not a big deal now that Brady is missing. It would be more alarming if the rooks and new guys weren't there. For guys that have been in the system, this is much ado about nothing.

Actually, according to things BB himself has said in the past, basic bits and pieces of both the offense and defense begin to be "installed" with Phase-3 of OTAs. IOW, now.

That said, it's also entirely possible that the Pats have decided to take a different approach to that teaching this season - using a different sequence for the "lesson plan" by intensely rehearsing a simplified version now to give the new skill players a solid base to build from when the mandatories come around next month and more complexity is added.

Brady might not be really necessary for this part, perhaps even a distraction.

I love the morons on here who think they know more than Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back