Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol doesn't take much for some fans to turn on the greatest QB of all time.

I haven't turned on him, but I can certainly see where the frustration from some may come from...

The Patriots were at a crossroads where they had a young, up and coming QB in Jimmy and they chose to stay with their 40 year old QB..

After that monster decision was made and Brady's only true competition at the position was gone, now he's starting to behave in ways that the fans and front office have never seen before.. which is unnerving and frustrating

I mean at the end of the day it's a business, and obviously the smart business move is to leverage the Pats dire situation in terms of a quality backup/successor to Brady and use that to get the most amount of money possible.... but as a fan, you're just praying that the future of this team isn't going to be held ransom in the process

Last edited:
Do we know when the OTAs start today ? Press allowed to observe ?
I believe the press gets to observe tomorrow's OTA. They generally get to watch
one per week plus all the mini-camp.

4C7A2CAC00000578-5751373-image-a-21_1526856040431.jpg

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen enjoy outing with kids in NYC | Daily Mail Online

I can't believe the people lining up to say that there is nothing to be gained by Brady attending the OTAs. Brady himself has constantly preached the importance of showing up and getting to know the guys, his receivers, and working on football chemistry.

Obviously, Brady and the team are losing an opportunity to get better. This is clear. Otherwise, why even have OTAs. You people re making excuses. It is really kind of sad.

I get why Brady doesn't want to show up, but the team is worse off having Brady stay away than show up.

All you folks defending this decision...>Do you think it is better for Brady to participate or not participate in OTAs?

The answer is obvious.

I can't believe the people lining up to say that there is nothing to be gained by Brady attending the OTAs. Brady himself has constantly preached the importance of showing up and getting to know the guys, his receivers, and working on football chemistry.

Obviously, Brady and the team are losing an opportunity to get better. This is clear. Otherwise, why even have OTAs. You people re making excuses. It is really kind of sad.

I get why Brady doesn't want to show up, but the team is worse off having Brady stay away than show up.

All you folks defending this decision...>Do you think it is better for Brady to participate or not participate in OTAs?

The answer is obvious.

What is he missing that won't happen in TC and mini-camps?

Aaaaand yet another thread supposedly about OTAs has devolved into two-bit, soap opera psychoanalysis of why "Brady is staying away from OTAs". This whole Brady thing is getting to be as bad as the "Butler/Superbowl-benching" virus that infested so many threads for awhile.

F**k it. I'm putting this thread on "Ignore" and hoping that someone starts a new one when there's actually something of substance to discuss.

BTW - to whoever it was who posted about not agreeing with "criticism of Brady" makes one a sycophant .... ROTFLMFAO!

First of all, wild speculation about what's going on inside Brady's head isn't "criticizing", it's just making s**t up.

Secondly, anyone who has "superheroes" or who idolizes any human being for any reason is merely making themselves easy to rule.

The answer is obvious.
Just keep in mind for a lot of people it’s a cult with Brady and Belichick...like politics...it’s justify whatever “my guy” says or does. No fixed principles, just a cult of personality.

Just keep in mind for a lot of people it’s a cult with Brady and Belichick...like politics...it’s justify whatever “my guy” says or does. No fixed principles, just a cult of personality.

No cult mindset here. I just don't see what the big deal is. They run around in shirts and shorts and play catch then run gassers and run the hill. I don't think we need to worry about what kind of shape Brady is in. The real work starts in MC and TC when the meat of the game plans get installed and practice takes place either in shells or full pads with contact (which is where they really get the timing down). If someone, anyone, can point me to a direction in which we can all find out what he's missing in OTAs that he won't get out of MC and TC, I do reserve the right to change my mind. Until then, people are jumping off the Tobin Bridge for nothing and the media (like ESPN) is leading them by the nose.

Of course Brady being at otas helps the team. Brady has always said how important practice is. With that said, there are plenty of legitimate reasons why Brady is not there. Don’t eat what the mediots want to feed us. B.B. might even be the one to tell Brady to get back once things settle in.

I just outlined it...more practice is better...Why did he think it was so important before?

Because he was being political like he usually does. MC and TC are far more important that OTAs. When he's not there, we can begin to worry. Especially for a 41 year old QB that has spent 18 years in the system.

No cult mindset here. I just don't see what the big deal is. They run around in shirts and shorts and play catch then run gassers and run the hill. I don't think we need to worry about what kind of shape Brady is in. The real work starts in MC and TC when the meat of the game plans get installed and practice takes place either in shells or full pads with contact (which is where they really get the timing down). If someone, anyone, can point me to a direction in which we can all find out what he's missing in OTAs that he won't get out of MC and TC, I do reserve the right to change my mind. Until then, people are jumping off the Tobin Bridge for nothing and the media (like ESPN) is leading them by the nose.
You’ve been fighting the good fight in the Butler thread so I don’t really want to get into it with you here. I don’t disagree about the intrinsic value of the OTAs (don’t really have an opinion) but:

—It’s a fact that Brady has talked it up for nearly 20 years about how important this stuff is. So it’s reasonable to wonder why that’s changed.

—If Brady was there and talking about how great it was, building the team, being with the guys...and, say, Aaron Rodgers wasn’t, there would absolutely be tons of posts about how great Brady is compared to Rodgers.

Just seems inconsistent and worth asking about.

Last edited:
Because he was being political like he usually does. MC and TC are far more important that OTAs. When he's not there, we can begin to worry. Especially for a 41 year old QB that has spent 18 years in the system.

Great, Tom has mastered the system. Good for him. What about all the new receivers? Have they mastered the system? Do they know exactly how Brady likes his routes run? Do they have experience catching a ball he throws? Are used to Brady calling the plays?

There is so much that goes on during OTAs other than Brady learning the system. The excuse making is unbelievable.

Gets that in MC and TC. He also gets it in full pads with contact.
Minicamp is over before it even starts it's so short and TC doesn't allow for the same sorts of opportunities.. The run both 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills this week. Tom can't have it both ways. For years he's talked about the importance of having enough reps throwing to the new guys, now he's blowing off the chance.

If reps with the newbies aren't important how come TFB invites his posse out West for days of reps?
Tom's mantra has always been all about reps.

Somehow he got his panties in a wad about BB's tanking the SB. Understandable. As long as he recovers by TC and resumes GOATness, i'm good, not that he owes any fan anything. But best to leave a career on a good note if it is in your control.

Historically, receivers have had a very difficult time earning Brady's trust and being where he expects them to be at any moment. We've seen so many receivers who were good with other teams, come here and fail...So many good college receivers come here and fail....

Now, those receivers will have less time with Brady...yet, it is all good OTAs are worthless.

If reps with the newbies aren't important how come TFB invites his posse out West for days of reps?
Tom's mantra has always been all about reps.

Somehow he got his panties in a wad about BB's tanking the SB. Understandable. As long as he recovers by TC and resumes GOATness, i'm good, not that he owes any fan anything. But best to leave a career on a good note if it is in your control.
Tom panties got in a bunch long before the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back