Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you're right. Someone call BB and tell him YOU figured it out: OTAs are a waste of time.

Great job. You MURDERED it on the pre-K reading comprehension...

xdiveintoreadingawardcertificate.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LYT6PyA-aP.jpg

Your reasoning and processing skills are absolutely top notch as well.

He is balancing his family with football. As a husband and father, I totally agree with his decision. As a football fan, I don't.
I do and I don't.

99% of his teammates are there. Most of them have families.

100% of the coaches and staff are there. Most of them also have families.

For whatever reason, Tom is staying away because he has chosen to not buy 100% into the culture of his team which at this time are those employees chosing to be at work and not with their families.

However his union has negotiated his right to stay away and he is taking advantage of it.

His absence doesn't make him right or wrong but it absolutely means he is not in 100% compliance with the culture. He's complying with his own culture.

It's not for his benefit. So, in October when Matthews is frozen out because he isn't in Brady's 'circle of trust', that's fine? (Doesn't have to be Matthews, insert name of choice)
And what you say about TC is true, but you also know that guys lower on the depth chart get fewer reps in TC. Now is the time they could build on to try and change that.

As has been said, he can't have it both ways. For nearly 20 years he's maintained it's vital to have as many reps throwing to guys, especially the news ones, as possible. Now, suddeny it isn't.
This times 10

"If you're going to compete against me, you better be willing to give your life, because I'm willing to give up mine--sort of." --Tom Brady

"If you're going to compete against me, you better be willing to give your life, because I'm willing to give up mine--sort of." --Tom Brady

So what are you contending here? That Brady doesn't care about winning football games anymore?

We should have two threads, really: 1) a compilation of on field news, and 2) debates about Brady and the team impact of his current actions.

I'd like to find more information about what's happening with players who are actually there. I think maybe two of the last 100 posts were helpful in that regard. ;)

We should have two threads, really: 1) a compilation of on field news, and 2) debates about Brady and the team impact of his current actions.

I'd like to find more information about what's happening with players who are actually there. I think maybe two of the last 100 posts were helpful in that regard. ;)

Yeah, sorry about that. I think I've gotten everyone in line at this point so we can look forward to some news.

I mean, that's sort of the whole point of concern--Brady has changed and thinks he doesn't need to be there. I guess, as a fan, your argument is that Brady knows more than Bill Belichick, he who has coached four decades and probably would much, much rather prefer Brady be there, right? And Brady has exposed Belichick's lack of coaching acumen for deciding OTAs are a waste of time. OK great, brilliant.

I am looking at it objectively. What I wrote is that IMO probably one of the most competitive athletes off all time isnt going to sacrifice one of his last seasons to get another ring (his favorite one) in order just to send some message to his coach. It just wouldn't make sense to weaken his own team for a principle - if that even is what it is. And I am full in agreement with more practice>less practice.

Also, you going around and not comprehending people's posts and modifying it into a straw man and then sarcastically calling it "brilliant" dosen't look good.

All you folks defending this decision...>Do you think it is better for Brady to participate or not participate in OTAs?

The answer is obvious.

He’s an older player who knows this offense inside out. He is limiting the wear and tear on his body. Look what happened to Adrian Clayborne last week.

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
I am looking at it objectively. What I wrote is that IMO probably one of the most competitive athletes off all time isnt going to sacrifice one of his last seasons to get another ring (his favorite one) in order just to send some message to his coach. It just wouldn't make sense to weaken his own team for a principle - if that even is what it is. And I am full in agreement with more practice>less practice.

Also, you going around and not comprehending people's posts and modifying it into a straw man and then sarcastically calling it "brilliant" dosen't look good.

I'm actually considering turning that post into a deep fried meme, but I don't think everyone will understand the humor.

Hey, did you guys hear Brady isn’t at OTAs? What do you guys think of this news?

I don't know. What's Bill think? I need his guidance.

He’s an older player who knows this offense inside out. He is limiting the wear and tear on his body. Look what happened to Adrian Clayborne last week.

You think he is not showing up to limit wear and tear?

I hear that. And, for the most part, I agree. However : you can both fully appreciate someone for what they have contributed AND question future decisions. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

In this case, and on this topic, they are mutually exclusive. Or, to put it another way.....

Gronk and Brady are the two players who can most afford to miss these sessions, and have no real reason to be there other than "Everyone else is doing it!".

As an aside, this thread is going to be a lot of fun to bump when Brady is firing on all cylinders early on in the season.
Likewise if it turns out he isn't. Well, no, that won't be fun if it happens. Interesting maybe.

Well, that's part of the problem. There isn't any on field news. Maybe that will change after tomorrow when the reporters are allowed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes