PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some glimmer of hope here as the experts think that we could be approaching the peak of the outbreak. However still forecasts of multiple deaths to come. Of course the media are quick to jump and ask when will the shackles come be off and what are the exit strategies. Just bizarre to think that all of a sudden the doors will be opened and we can all go about our lives as if nothing has happened. I suspect there is a long way to go yet and this will be a slow staged event

CONSIDER
1) In 2 weeks, we see that NY and several other state have passed the peak, and are adding ONLY a few thousand cases a day.
2) The president celebrates and removes the federal advisories as of May 1.
3) Some governors immediately asks its workers to return to work, and indicate that they won't get unemployment if they have jobs and won't report.
4) There governors also call for large public gatherings and attend a couple.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Is there any question? Really?

75% of the people that took the poll here say they don't wear masks. That's incredible at this point in time. I wasn't at first but that changed quickly.

Agreed. My number one line of defense is just not going out.... But if I have to go out there's no way I'm not wearing a mask. IMO, anyone not wearing at least some kind of cheap mask at this point is asking for it. Not to mention just being selfish. It's not that hard to put one on.

CONSIDER
1) In 2 weeks, we see that NY and several other state have passed the peak, and are adding ONLY a few thousand cases a day.
2) The president celebrates and removes the federal advisories as of May 1.
3) Some governors immediately asks its workers to return to work, and indicate that they won't get unemployment if they have jobs and won't report.
4) There governors also call for large public gatherings and attend a couple.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Is there any question? Really?
Yep. People are going to be impatient, will listen to brain-dead politicians who value re-election and being a toady to actual public health instead of thinking, will continue to not understand the dynamics of this, and will end up restarting the goddamned clock on "reopening" the country.

The mask is more for preventing you from spreading the virus than protecting you from the virus

You can catch the virus through your eyes, so wearing a mask does not prevent you from catching the virus.

The mask is more for preventing you from spreading the virus than protecting you from the virus

You can catch the virus through your eyes, so wearing a mask does not prevent you from catching the virus.

If any person has the virus and aren't wearing a mask they're putting everyone they get close to in danger. And unless they get tested every day they don't know, since it can be spread by people without symptoms.

When we look at the places that are being hit hardest, it's more probable than not (I seem to remember hearing that before somewhere) that they didn't take precautions seriously until it was too late. It's possible that's the difference between the good places and bad places.

I went to the once a week early morning 6am seniors only at Walmart this morning.

I was prepared to be carded for the first time in 40 years but no employee blinked an eye which made me a little upset especially since I dyed the mustache last night.

I was maskless and in the minority as it was probably a 2/3 masked crowd.

It was awkward at times as I could feel people waiting on me to make a selection as they wouldn't get too close to me.

Maybe its time to upgrade from Old Spice.

I went to the once a week early morning 6am seniors only at Walmart this morning.

I was prepared to be carded for the first time in 40 years but no employee blinked an eye which made me a little upset especially since I dyed the mustache last night.

I was maskless and in the minority as it was probably a 2/3 masked crowd.

It was awkward at times as I could feel people waiting on me to make a selection as they wouldn't get too close to me.

Maybe its time to upgrade from Old Spice.

I would avoid you by more than 10 feet if you weren't wearing a mask.

I went out to Publix. half were wearing masks. Almost everyone was wearing gloves.

As I said previously I live in a small town and I saw a lady (in her late 60's) today wearing a mask , this is only the second one I have seen in over 2 weeks. Mind you I have not been out all that often other than once a day for exercise

Side effect of wearing a mask in public: people give you a wide berth. I stopped to buy gas, went inside to pay for it, and turned around to see a woman see me, make the bug eyes, and back the eff up.

that's what I am talking about, bish.

I would avoid you by more than 10 feet if you weren't wearing a mask.

I went out to Publix. half were wearing masks. Almost everyone was wearing gloves.

Never worn a mask. Never will wear a wask.
Here in Ohio, 10% wear masks. The rest are not hypochondriacs.

Ohio set the standard for early quarantine and avoiding a mess in their hospitals.
Proud to be a Columbus resident!

You think of yourself as independent, strong, tough, patriotic, and all the other qualities that have been successfully marketed to 'Mericans as signs of manhood.

Many of the rest of us interpret this type of repetitive stubborn bravado as a sign that a person is suffering from a developmental disturbance. It happens most commonly during the "terrible twos" when we first realize we are separate beings from our mothers, or during early adolescence, the other period of dramatic individuation.

For the most part, nobody notices, listens, or cares, except when exerting influence in public policy as you are attempting to do here, it gets people killed.

The grocery store yesterday @ 7:00 AM seniors hour was entirely different than the week before. 95% mask usage, among customers and staff, whereas almost no one had one on a week before. So something is working there.

People a little more tense, I think.

The store still hasn't instituted two measures which are important: one-way aisles, and "you touch it, you take it". So was disappointed about that.

You think of yourself as independent, strong, tough, patriotic, and all the other qualities that have been successfully marketed to 'Mericans as signs of manhood.

Many of the rest of us interpret this type of repetitive stubborn bravado as a sign that a person is suffering from a developmental disturbance. It happens most commonly during the "terrible twos" when we first realize we are separate beings from our mothers, or during early adolescence, the other period of dramatic individuation.

For the most part, nobody notices, listens, or cares, except when exerting influence in public policy as you are attempting to do here, it gets people killed.
He’s either trolling or doesn’t care.

Anyone not wearing a mask isn’t being responsible.

Anyone discarding their mask or gloves onto a parking lot should be dope slapped into oblivion

Even worse are those that believe masculinity is a bad thing. Everyone without exception should be who they are. It’s not like men aren’t supposed to be masculine.

personally I was shocked when I recently saw an ad for “Men’s panties”. That’s just not right on any level

Having said that, not abiding by state & federal guidelines & protocol is simply irresponsible

@KontradictioN this guy wants to be you.
Nah. That guy sounds like a mega idiot. I’d wear a mask if I had one, but I don’t have one and I’m not going to buy one now with so many stories about health care professionals needing them. I just limit when I go out and if I need to shop for groceries, I’m there first thing.

Wore a mask for the first time yesterday. Plastic gloves dont do anything for you. Unsure why people wear them

Exactly

I gave away all the N95 masks that I had. The local hospital did not plan ahead and Doctors that Im familiar with asked for donations. I could wear a bandana like Billy the Kid, but I aint doing that. You cant live your life in fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes