PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't be criticizing the timing of government checks. They are coming out amazingly fast, and small business loans are being processed at record speeds. Compare to this to how long this process took last time.

Sorry man, simply not true regarding business loans. Nothing is happening.

Thousands of threads about this in Reddit's small business forum.

Top reply to that...
"Good news ... you are the same status as 99.9999999% of applicants lol"

They don’t need to wear masks in Chicago.

Sorry man, simply not true regarding business loans. Nothing is happening.

Thousands of threads about this in Reddit's small business forum.

Top reply to that...
"Good news ... you are the same status as 99.9999999% of applicants lol"

OK.

How long should it take to process a loan? Congress is already looking doubling the amount available since the banks don't think the$250B will meet the need.

I agree that the number of citizens that have received personal money in their accounts and loans processed is only in the millions after a week. Let's see where we are after a month of processing of "checks" and loans. My guess is lots and lots of money will have gone out. For the feds, this would be amazingly fast.

As I indicated, it is the state unemployment systems that are overwhelming and breaking. Congress will need to fix this or the unemployed won't be receiving anything in lots of states.

OK.

How long should it take to process a loan? Congress is already looking doubling the amount available since the banks don't think the$250B will meet the need.

I agree that the number of citizens that have received personal money in their accounts and loans processed is only in the millions after a week. Let's see where we are after a month of processing of "checks" and loans. My guess is lots and lots of money will have gone out. For the feds, this would be amazingly fast.

As I indicated, it is the state unemployment systems that are overwhelming and breaking. Congress will need to fix this or the unemployed won't be receiving anything in lots of states.

My homeowner's loan took 6 weeks, and I put a substantial amount down.

OK.

Currently the 4th stimulus bill only focuses on the PPP loan. That supplies businesses with 2.5 times monthly payroll. It's designed to keep folks off unemployment.

If you're an employee making $15-25/hr, do you wait weeks/months for the business owner to get loan funding? Or do you go on unemployment, make more money on unemployment, and stay home safe, not risking making your family sick?

Now more importantly consider the EIDL loan that the 4th stimulus package doesn't even address.

The EIDL doesn't just focus on payroll, it's for any business expenses.

That was started in early March. In the bill that funded the EIDL, it explicitly stated businesses would receive a $10k grant with 3 days of submitting an application.

Over a month later, and 4 MILLION EIDL applications later.... no grants. Let alone the actual loans.

Small businesses are dying. Do not believe the BS.

Read through that small business forum over the last month if you don't believe me.

Currently the 4th stimulus bill only focuses on the PPP loan. That supplies businesses with 2.5 times monthly payroll. It's designed to keep folks off unemployment.

If you're an employee making $15-25/hr, do you wait weeks/months for the business owner to get loan funding? Or do you go on unemployment, make more money on unemployment, and stay home safe, not risking making your family sick?

Now more importantly consider the EIDL loan that the 4th stimulus package doesn't even address.

The EIDL doesn't just focus on payroll, it's for any business expenses.

That was started in early March. In the bill that funded the EIDL, it explicitly stated businesses would receive a $10k grant with 3 days of submitting an application.

Over a month later, and 4 MILLION EIDL applications later.... no grants. Let alone the actual loans.

Small businesses are dying. Do not believe the BS.

Read through that small business forum over the last month if you don't believe me.

OK, vote all the Congress all out of office!

The REALITY is that the government cannot, cannot, cannot actually put money in everyone's hand in three days NOT FOR ANY PURPOSE.

OK, vote all the Congress all out of office!

The REALITY is that the government cannot, cannot, cannot actually put money in everyone's hand in three days NOT FOR ANY PURPOSE.

Congress didn't say everyone. They said for businesses.

And how about even anyone? Instead of no one over a month later.

The small business stimulus has been an epic failure. Again, read the forum.

A masked man approaches a guy, pulls out a gun and says "alright, give me your money!" The guy gets all arrogannt and says. "How dare you? I'm a US congressman". The mask man says " Oh, I'm terribly sorry, give me my money then!"

We got a foot of heavy wet snow Thursday night. Still over 100,000 in Maine without power. Is 2020 over yet?

Wind gusts all day tomorrow in souther NE...Here in MA will be 60-70 MPH...praying we don't lose power...

We are straying far from masks.
================
You are hinting to what I think is the REAL crisis here. There are tens of millions of Americans who don't have enough income to survive. Our social safety net simply isn't large enough. Yes, some own small businesses. And yes, some are employees who are close to failing even though they likely aren't paying their rents. And some businesses are in some much trouble that $10K of debt will be the difference.

We are straying far from masks.

Agreed. I just had to point out that the small business assistance has not been successful. Quite the opposite.

Your comment/belief, "small business loans are being processed at record speeds" could not be further from the truth.

Granted I know most Americans will see a headline or hear a comment from someone they support, and then it's true. Especially on a matter most have no idea about.

It's important to keep false info to a minimum now.

Yes. I read that next to vacuum cleaner bags, hydroknit shop towels offer the most filtering of household materials. 100% cotton seems best with ordinary files. So I do two layers of shop towels, tie with a folded over cotton pillow case strip. I still keep going out to a minimum, and do spacing, and try to turn my head away if someone gets too close for my comfort.

My wife and I have made maybe 150 masks, they have a nose wire and a pouch for a piece of vacuum cleaner filter so you can replace the filter and wash the mask. We have friends who are in the absolute thick of this (respiratory therapists at hospital...several RN at hospital...) and they are uniformly tearfully grateful even a month into the worst of this just to get these amateur efforts which mostly serve to prolong the efficacy of the real masks. No we don’t charge, luckily we are both essential and can work. But the govt is not interested in/capable of supporting these heroes correctly and they live in constant fear of the rona, yet they go into the fire every single day and someone ought to support them. Most of you probably understand how not supporting their efforts would feel. For me, I won’t go out without a mask except to jog, even then stay 6 feet away as does most everyone I see (though there are occasional people who smugly stay in the middle of the paths); mask at the grocery store, follow the paths there, don’t go out for no reason, soap and water a lot, changed my whole method of practice to remote for now. My nephew was very sick from this but he lived so my family has dodged a bullet and although I’m not scared, I have no interest in risking infection or infecting others. I see a lot of people do many or most of these things and beyond.

25526162-8073501-image-a-48_1583325281342.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey