PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in Ohio. All courses are open as well as gun ranges and parks.

Yes, you can't spread the virus unless you gather in groups. A foursome is perfect. They make sure that if one has it, they all do, then they go home and infect their families. Then later in the week, each of the golfers plays in another foursome, ands then home to infect their families.

Where do you leave ?

Ohio. Northwest part of the state I would say about 20% of people in stores have them and 5% of people in parks have them. Nobody in my neighborhood wears them and we have plenty of people walking dogs, kids, just saying hi.

They are not required. Our Govenor has won high praise for his handling of this but he also has allowed us wide latitude in how to handle it. Our death count is quite low. My wife is a cashier at a very popular big box store and none of the workers wear masks. Zero.

Oh and not a troll. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, my first job was in Foxborough and I spent more time in my youth in the Fenway bleachers than anyplace else.

I have several friends and family back in Mass I will tell you that the psychology of folks there and here in Ohio is like night and day. Totally different vibe and ethos. Here few people would wear a mask or allow state government to restrict its citizens the way Mass people allow Boston to do.

We are past our peak and the curve has flattened. Deaths have been minimal compared to almost any "normal" cause

Yes, you can't spread the virus unless you gather in groups. A foursome is perfect. They make sure that if one has it, they all do, then they go home and infect their families. Then later in the week, each of the golfers plays in another foursome, ands then home to infect their families.

Dr. Acton, who has been Gov. Dewine's primary medical advisor doesn't see it this way, thus the courses are open, the parks are open and our death rate is relatively low.

At least you can wash & reuse a bandana. The masks must be tossed after one use

I've got 10 of them and I'm the only one using them. At the rate of contact I'm experiencing now they could last me a few months.

Which brings up an interesting question. Would it be safe to store a used mask and then use it again in a month?

More news from my IRS cousin.

If you are expecting a paper stimulus check it is possible that you might not get it for 9 weeks.

The IRS used to have its very own department where they printed and handled all of their refunds and payments to Joe Public. Sometime between 2008 - 2016 that ability was taken away and now all paper checks are handled through 1 agency. This agency can only print 10 million stimulus checks per week.

My cousin estimates that there will be 90 million people who will receive paper stimulus checks.

90 million divided by 10 million checks per week = 9 weeks

I am not certain this can help you, but its worth a shot in the dark. The IRS has a web portal to update your personal info including bank account for direct deposit.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article241916566.html

Luckily work has been supplying masks and gloves for my job. My wife and I have been wearing our glasses a lot more lately for extra protection. Something we have never done due to the fact our prescriptions combined could feed a small town. But we are putting eye touching on hold for awhile until this passes. Hopefully soon.

Ohio. Northwest part of the state I would say about 20% of people in stores have them and 5% of people in parks have them. Nobody in my neighborhood wears them and we have plenty of people walking dogs, kids, just saying hi.

They are not required. Our Govenor has won high praise for his handling of this but he also has allowed us wide latitude in how to handle it. Our death count is quite low. My wife is a cashier at a very popular big box store and none of the workers wear masks. Zero.

Oh and not a troll. I was born and raised in Massachusetts, my first job was in Foxborough and I spent more time in my youth in the Fenway bleachers than anyplace else.

I have several friends and family back in Mass I will tell you that the psychology of folks there and here in Ohio is like night and day. Totally different vibe and ethos. Here few people would wear a mask or allow state government to restrict its citizens the way Mass people allow Boston to do.

We are past our peak and the curve has flattened. Deaths have been minimal compared to almost any "normal" cause

I have a friend who moved back to Ohio after spending many years in MA. I spoke to him a couple of days ago and you're echoing his comments.

I've got 10 of them and I'm the only one using them. At the rate of contact I'm experiencing now they could last me a few months.

Which brings up an interesting question. Would it be safe to store a used mask and then use it again in a month?
I don’t know the answer to that. Biology isn’t my strength

That's correct. Its more likely to spread it wider in groups but a hand shake, a conversation with someone standing right in front of you, a door handle you grab after someone tecently contaminated it and like you said after one has it spread to them they can spread it to others then they spread to others and on and on and on. For the life of me, now more literally than ever, I cannot understand how anyone can commend people who refuse to wear a mask on this pandemic. It feels like a pride thing where no government gonna tell me what to do! And then belittle someone and accuse them of some selfish motive.

Last edited:
That's correct. Its more likely to spread it wider in groups but and hand shake, a conversation with someone standing right in front of you, a door handle you grab after someone contaminated recently did and like you said after one has it spread to them they can spread it to others then they spread to others and on and on and on. For the life of me, now more literally than ever, I cannot understand how anyone can commend people who refuse to wear a mask on this pandemic. It feels like a pride thing wear no government gonna tell me what to do! And then belittle someone and accuse them of some selfish motive.
i also warn people of the second wave that will come in the fall. As soon as "you know who" opens the country back up for business, people are going to lose their minds and make up for lost time. Once we open back up, every day will be like spring break.

i also warn people of the second wave that will come in the fall. As soon as "you know who" opens the country back up for business, people are going to lose their minds and make up for lost time. Once we open back up, every day will be like spring break.

I'm guessing Fall will be the 3rd wave.

That's correct. Its more likely to spread it wider in groups but and hand shake, a conversation with someone standing right in front of you, a door handle you grab after someone contaminated recently did and like you said after one has it spread to them they can spread it to others then they spread to others and on and on and on. For the life of me, now more literally than ever, I cannot understand how anyone can commend people who refuse to wear a mask on this pandemic. It feels like a pride thing wear no government gonna tell me what to do! And then belittle someone and accuse them of some selfish motive.

The folks being accused of being selfish are those without masks, even though they aren't 100% safe.

When I look at the numbers it appears that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. It's been out 5 months and the numbers are a fraction of what were predicted at the beginning.

The folks being accused of being selfish are those without masks, even though they aren't 100% safe.

When I look at the numbers it appears that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. It's been out 5 months and the numbers are a fraction of what were predicted at the beginning.
Well the new talking point phrase describing people that wear masks is "virtue signaling" That is certainly imposing a selfish tag on them. They're "show offs" is the accusation. Yes the numbers are way down, in part that it was blown out of proportion but social distancing, hygene and now masking has had and continues to have a big effect on that number being a fraction. I think that ignoring those measures due to some kind of political statement is indeed selfish. People get sick and people die when they are exposed. Why the hell would anyone take the chance of exposing someone when they can do something very easy to lower the chance? I don't get it.

Nope. Except when I go to BJ’s.

Not required where I live.

This is irrelevant to the likelihood of further reducing disease spread (except as regards policy choices.)

The question is not what your government is requiring of you.

It is what you are doing out of your sense of personal responsibility.

Is your point that you have no personal responsibility beyond exactly what the government requires?

If so I don't ever want to see another "voluntary compliance" scheme. It would just be a synonym for "virtue signaling." We would need compulsory compliance coerced by the government as the only reliable means of achieving anything as a society.

I don't believe that should be the only game in town. You are signaling that you believe it should be.

My wife made two masks for me out of one of her bras.....works perfectly..... already got a “is that a.....?” a few times

My wife made two masks for me out of one of her bras.....works perfectly..... already got a “is that a.....?” a few times

One of the downsides to the lucky women out there...

92514940_10222799186027457_994935466245488640_n.jpg

More news from my IRS cousin.

If you are expecting a paper stimulus check it is possible that you might not get it for 9 weeks.

The IRS used to have its very own department where they printed and handled all of their refunds and payments to Joe Public. Sometime between 2008 - 2016 that ability was taken away and now all paper checks are handled through 1 agency. This agency can only print 10 million stimulus checks per week.

My cousin estimates that there will be 90 million people who will receive paper stimulus checks.

90 million divided by 10 million checks per week = 9 weeks

I am not certain this can help you, but its worth a shot in the dark. The IRS has a web portal to update your personal info including bank account for direct deposit.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article241916566.html

IRS checks are issued by the US Treasury and have been since 1789. This did not happen in recent history. By law they are the only ones who can issue government checks.

This had to be done early in the country's history in order for our young nation to establish a source of funds in order to secure needed loans to pay for the war. All government issued funds are printed by the US treasury as established in the Federalist Papers and exists under Title 12 U.S. Code Chapter 3 which established a central bank (known as the Federal Reserve) and the founding of the US Treasury which Hamilton was its first head.

Maybe the treasury had some dept in the IRS but they could not print their own checks. There is only dept that has ever been able to issue government checks and that's the Treasury at the direction of the Federal Reserve. The IRS is used in this case only to supply the information of taxpayers. They do not issue or determine who and when these checks are issued. You might have mistaken what your cousin said and I can assure you the US Treasury can print more than 10 million checks a year.

Next time you pay or get an IRS check, check where it's from. The IRS only handles tax issues. The funding for these checks come from the Federal Reserve who work with the Treasury. If you get a printed one, it will say US Treasury. The taxpayer information comes from the IRS who will issue the taxpayer lists. The Federal Reserve make the funds available and the Treasury will print them.

Last edited:
We shouldn't be criticizing the timing of government checks. They are coming out amazingly fast, and small business loans are being processed at record speeds. Compare to this to how long this process took last time.

As far as campaign issues, Trump warned that the states shouldn't the ones delivering the $600 addition to unemployment checks, and that many states are simply not equipped to do so. The Congress instead on state delivery of this money. So, the feds deliver money to each state and then the people will wait and wait an wait. And the president will have a very easy "I told you so" for November.

IRS checks are issued by the US Treasury and have been since 1789. This did not happen in recent history. By law they are the only ones who can issue government checks.

This had to be done early in the country's history in order for our young nation to establish a source of funds in order to secure needed loans to pay for the war. All government issued funds are printed by the US treasury as established in the Federalist Papers and exists under Title 12 U.S. Code Chapter 3 which established a central bank (known as the Federal Reserve) and the founding of the US Treasury which Hamilton was its first head.

Maybe the treasury had some dept in the IRS but they could not print their own checks. There is only dept that has ever been able to issue government checks and that's the Treasury at the direction of the Federal Reserve. The IRS is used in this case only to supply the information of taxpayers. They do not issue or determine who and when these checks are issued. You might have mistaken what your cousin said and I can assure you the US Treasury can print more than 10 million checks a year.

Next time you pay or get an IRS check, check where it's from. The IRS only handles tax issues. The funding for these checks come from the Federal Reserve who work with the Treasury. If you get a printed one, it will say US Treasury. The taxpayer information comes from the IRS who will issue the taxpayer lists. The Federal Reserve make the funds available and the Treasury will print them.

The IRS is a branch of the US Treasury.

My cousin has worked at the IRS for 30 years. He over sees all corporate tax returns. The buck stops with him and he knows what he is talking about.

The Bureau of Fiscal Service took over printing of checks in 2012 Bureau of the Fiscal Service - Wikipedia

Prior to 2012, the IRS had the capability in times like now to also print checks. Not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents