PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I view wearing a mask as similar to wearing a seat belt. I've never been involved in a serious accident but I feel naked not buckling up. Of course, I'm over 65 and have a number of underlying health issues so I'm way past the point where I feel invulnerable.

Rational judgement beats hysteria.

In Ohio we have 105 deaths from Covid.

In ONE weekend in Cleveland, we had 150 people die from Viral Pnemonia.

The median age for Covid deaths in Ohio (announced yesterday).

Ohio parks are open. Golf courses are open. Gun stores and ranges are considered essential services.

Glad I live in a relatively free state. I can legally drive to my gun range, with a loaded Glock 19 on my passenger seat, no mask, and nobody bats an eyelash.
Boy you look up "real man" in the dictionary and your picture is right there! And while you're being a real man with no mask you can be killing some useless old guy. Props to you buddy. You're an inspiration to us all!

Never worn a mask. Never will wear a wask.
Here in Ohio, 10% wear masks. The rest are not hypochondriacs.

I talked to a friend in Ohio who was at a Walmart. He said that they made the aisles all one ways. That's a great idea.

If only covid was deadly to one, easily identifiable group.

I was wearing a covering for my face on a few occasions when the outbreak seemed to be a very dire situation. It still is dire.

But news is becoming more optimistic. I hadn't really believed a mask would be that effective, and as long as I've taken other precautions to keep a distance, wash my hands and not touch my face I'm not too concerned.

I was wearing a covering for my face on a few occasions when the outbreak seemed to be a very dire situation. It still is dire.

But news is becoming more optimistic. I hadn't really believed a mask would be that effective, and as long as I've taken other precautions to keep a distance, wash my hands and not touch my face I'm not too concerned.
Relaxing now would be like going outside in a lighting storm because the weather report said clearing expected in an hour

Never worn a mask. Never will wear a wask.
Here in Ohio, 10% wear masks. The rest are not hypochondriacs.
sadly, we will wait for the high peaks to hit Ohio cities.

People wearing masks still makes me more nervous than before.

If people were just using more common sense and not coughing/sneezing without covering and not exposing themselves to people when they are sick, we wouldn’t be freaking out over this.

Even worse are those that believe masculinity is a bad thing. Everyone without exception should be who they are. It’s not like men aren’t supposed to be masculine.

personally I was shocked when I recently saw an ad for “Men’s panties”. That’s just not right on any level

Having said that, not abiding by state & federal guidelines & protocol is simply irresponsible

Oh, totally agree about masculinity. And we need healthy conversations about what it is, and what we want it to be, so we can choose that, rather than have the marketing industry choose it for us.

I was once in a meeting at a home in Switzerland where the basement was peppered posters of the original Marlboro ads. The owner of the house was the ad exec who oversaw all that. I asked her about the conversations they were having when they developed "the Marlboro Man" mystique, and she said it was entirely a conscious manipulation of American masculine mythology, and they saw everyone who was attracted to it as a loser and a sucker. I was floored at how open and dark all that was. They just didn't care (and now, ironically, thousand of people will die from covid19 who otherwise would have lived, because of that manipulation).

Relaxing now would be like going outside in a lighting storm because the weather report said clearing expected in an hour
Didn’t say I was relaxing. If I was I wouldn’t still be taking every precaution other than wearing a mask.

Didn’t say I was relaxing. If I was I wouldn’t still be taking every precaution other than wearing a mask.
Sorry to mislead you. I actually was trying to agree with what you're doing, just said it in a different way

People wearing masks still makes me more nervous than before.

If people were just using more common sense and not coughing/sneezing without covering and not exposing themselves to people when they are sick, we wouldn’t be freaking out over this.

1) Over 1/2 those who are infected do NOT show symptoms.

2) The virus can be spread if an infected person breathes or talks in our direction

CONCLUSION
I hope that you will become MORE NERVOUS, nervous enough to wear a mask in public, or JUST STAY HOME!

1) Over 1/2 those who are infected do NOT show symptoms.

2) The virus can be spread if an infected person breathes or talks in our direction

CONCLUSION
I hope that you will become MORE NERVOUS, nervous enough to wear a mask in public, or JUST STAY HOME!
The breathing or talking in a direction is just reaching. Just stay around 6 feet, no need to get up in people’s grills when speaking.

It’s just making the hysteria even worse.

With that being said, I’ll wear a mask out of respect for other people, but when is the mask wearing going to end?

Last edited:
Rational judgement beats hysteria.

In Ohio we have 105 deaths from Covid.

In ONE weekend in Cleveland, we had 150 people die from Viral Pnemonia.

Ohio parks are open. Golf courses are open. Gun stores and ranges are considered essential services.

Glad I live in a relatively free state. I can legally drive to my gun range, with a loaded Glock 19 on my passenger seat, no mask, and nobody bats an eyelash.
Been a while since I cringed this hard reading a comment. Oof.

I view wearing a mask as similar to wearing a seat belt. I've never been involved in a serious accident but I feel naked not buckling up. Of course, I'm over 65 and have a number of underlying health issues so I'm way past the point where I feel invulnerable.
This is how I see it. If it doesn't hurt anything and can possibly help things, why not do it?

Wore a mask for the first time yesterday. Plastic gloves dont do anything for you. Unsure why people wear them
Plastic or latex? The idea is not having anything transfer to your hands or what's on your hands t ok someone else. Its common practice for healthcare workers treating patients. Actually its required

Exactly

I gave away all the N95 masks that I had. The local hospital did not plan ahead and Doctors that Im familiar with asked for donations. I could wear a bandana like Billy the Kid, but I aint doing that. You cant live your life in fear.
i like that you donated to the hospital. Does that mean you think they work?

I have been wearing a black mask with a filter and my New England Revolution
scarf for good measure ... I look like I belong in a drug cartel when I go out ... :p:p:p

All joking aside if one is a carrier I don't want to be responsible for another's death.

i like that you donated to the hospital. Does that mean you think they work?
The Doctors and hospital were happy to have them so I assume yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back