PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Should the 49ers consider firing Shanahan for Belichick?

Purdy didn't crap the bed. Took care of the ball. Every time he stepped off the field, he had the lead. It was his inexperience that got him, which honestly going up against Spags, is to be expected. Even Brady had a tough time against Spags defenses. Purdy will learn and grow from this experience. He played well given the amount of pressure.
Wade Phillips also gave Brady fits. He drew up a great gameplan in LIII.

I was ready to laugh at the idea, but this article is a bad look. For as pretty as Shanahan’s offenses can be, there are still some major questions about his work as a head coach.

Multiple San Francisco players said after the game that they were not aware that the overtime rules are different in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, and strategy discussions over how to handle the overtime period did not occur as a team. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead said he learned the details of the postseason rule when it was shown on the Allegiant Stadium jumbotron during a TV timeout after regulation. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk said he assumed the 49ers asked to receive when they won the toss because that’s what you do in the regular season, when a touchdown wins the game. “I guess that’s not the case. I don’t really know the strategy,” Juszczyk said.

Wow, what professionals.

Kyle Shanahan is a top 5 coach in the league regardless or crapping the bed in a few big games, how many teams would take being in it every year without a franchise quarterback?

He's still only 44, i'd be surprised if he didn't get one.

People learn from these experiences unless they're a complete bozo.

Why? The 49'ers defense was not the problem. It was their offense not showing up. Bill hasn't had a good offense since 2017 at least. The defense can only be marginally better and Bill's not going to fix the offense.

The 49'ers problem is that they don't have an elite QB and they ran into Mahomes twice in the Super Bowl.
I think it had more to do with:

1. Red zone fumble on their first offensive position
2. Coverage player running into a punt
3. Bosa running right past Mahomes on a 4th and 1
4. Asinine all-out blitz
5. Going away from the run game on their final drive of regulation

SF gave their FB 1 carry all game and back up RB Mitchell 2 carries all game.

Neither player fumbled all 2023 season.
Their All-Pro FB

You want to fire a coach that was in OT of the Super Bowl for a guy that hasn’t won a playoff game in five years?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back