PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Should the 49ers consider firing Shanahan for Belichick?

Why? The 49'ers defense was not the problem. It was their offense not showing up. Bill hasn't had a good offense since 2017 at least. The defense can only be marginally better and Bill's not going to fix the offense.

The 49'ers problem is that they don't have an elite QB and they ran into Mahomes twice in the Super Bowl.

fixing the offense isn't the biggest issue. it's game management. they need to hire an ernie adams. and their dc isn't as good as ryans /saleh/fangio.
purdy played well,he is NOT the problem. at all.

Not saying they should 100% do it.

But if your the owner, would you consider it?

It would definitely send shockwaves throughout the league.
I’m sure it would be no I wouldn’t consider it.

Shanahan is the Philadelphia Andy Reid version. He’s stuck with not being a big game Coach until he gets it done. 3xs in a row he has lost being up in the 4th quarter as a coordinator or HC. Very bad losses and very bad decision making which cost his team the game in all 3 games. Welcome to 5-3 49er fans.

I think Lynch should wear some of it. The Trey Lance trade was historically bad and those picks could’ve played a role in having a better OLine. Also I stand by my opinion if they ever would’ve nailed down the QB position they have a ring or two. Purdy is a nice story but is he someone you sign long term, what happens when they can’t pay all their studs?

fixing the offense isn't the biggest issue. it's game management. they need to hire an ernie adams. and their dc isn't as good as ryans /saleh/fangio.
purdy played well,he is NOT the problem. at all.
This.

I’m not sure why people think another QB would solve their issues last night. Maybe Mahomes and 1-2 other select few could elevate above those problems? We just watched Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson not play well enough either.

They can go sign Kirk Cousins this offseason and watch the exact same thing unfold, only difference is they’ll be $40 million in cap poorer.

I think Lynch should wear some of it. The Trey Lance trade was historically bad and those picks could’ve played a role in having a better OLine. Also I stand by my opinion if they ever would’ve nailed down the QB position they have a ring or two. Purdy is a nice story but is he someone you sign long term, what happens when they can’t pay all their studs?
Purdy made a few impressive throws but not enough of them. His mechanics were glaring on a national stage. A lot of back foot throws and him actually jumping to throw the ball so he could see over the line? Not enough McCaffrey involved in the passing game until ot.

I do wonder if Brady would of came out of retirement to play for the 9ers this year had he been asked? Would of been sitting at 8 this morning.

Think that becomes an issue when he’s due a contract.

Fortunately for them, they have two more years of him under a cheap cap $. That time should definitely be used to hit on plenty of draft picks.

Im Not No Way GIF

Why? The 49'ers defense was not the problem. It was their offense not showing up. Bill hasn't had a good offense since 2017 at least. The defense can only be marginally better and Bill's not going to fix the offense.

The 49'ers problem is that they don't have an elite QB and they ran into Mahomes twice in the Super Bowl.

Actually. Their problem was the play calling.

When they ran the ball they ate the Chiefs up.

So if course let's throw the ball and stop the clock so Patrick has all the time in the world to move 75 yards.

Purdy made a few impressive throws but not enough of them. His mechanics were glaring on a national stage. A lot of back foot throws and him actually jumping to throw the ball so he could see over the line? Not enough McCaffrey involved in the passing game until ot.

I do wonder if Brady would of came out of retirement to play for the 9ers this year had he been asked? Would of been sitting at 8 this morning.
I'm guessing he probably would be.

Every pass Purdy missed is a pass Brady will make. And Brady is one of the very few QB's who can outduel Mahomes in a big game.

I think the most egregious mistake by SF was not going after Brady in 2020. Especially after watching what transpired in that SB.

I was ready to laugh at the idea, but this article is a bad look. For as pretty as Shanahan’s offenses can be, there are still some major questions about his work as a head coach.

Multiple San Francisco players said after the game that they were not aware that the overtime rules are different in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, and strategy discussions over how to handle the overtime period did not occur as a team. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead said he learned the details of the postseason rule when it was shown on the Allegiant Stadium jumbotron during a TV timeout after regulation. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk said he assumed the 49ers asked to receive when they won the toss because that’s what you do in the regular season, when a touchdown wins the game. “I guess that’s not the case. I don’t really know the strategy,” Juszczyk said.

I'd fire Kyle, personally. I feel like he's peaked at this point and he's never going to get the 49ers over the hump. Will the roster ever be better? The Chiefs were not some kind of juggernaut. He will only face harder opponents in any future title game.

I would just have a hard time continuing to bang my head against the wall with him like this. Will the players keep buying in? "THIS time we're NOT gonna choke, I promise!!!"

I'd fire Kyle, personally.
Brings them to the Big Dance but can’t get it done. He had to run CMC more. A lot of guys said that in the game thread.

There’s a monkey on his back going back to 28-3 Falcons.

For all his perceived wizardry, I see Shanny as a folder / loser. He’s now blown three (?) double digit SB leads !? I mean…

You’d be way better off with a BB who can manage games, strategize in key games, and not crumble in the biggest spots.

Winner vs loser : no brainer.

I was ready to laugh at the idea, but this article is a bad look. For as pretty as Shanahan’s offenses can be, there are still some major questions about his work as a head coach.

Multiple San Francisco players said after the game that they were not aware that the overtime rules are different in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, and strategy discussions over how to handle the overtime period did not occur as a team. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead said he learned the details of the postseason rule when it was shown on the Allegiant Stadium jumbotron during a TV timeout after regulation. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk said he assumed the 49ers asked to receive when they won the toss because that’s what you do in the regular season, when a touchdown wins the game. “I guess that’s not the case. I don’t really know the strategy,” Juszczyk said.

God that's bad. Come on.

49ers, in an SB, are the type of team that needs a very well called game from the playcallers. Unfortunately, even the defense had some crucial 3rd downs get converted when it mattered most, and the offense couldn't get their **** right the entire game.

Absolutely baffling decisions made by Shanahan.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back